02-11-10, 04:06 AM   #1
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Arrow Carbonite 3.3201 Beta Released

After tons of work we finally have the beta of the new version ready. The beta zip file is on our website at the link below. Beta releases will be handled like this to allow for simple updates and removal of the files as needed. The beta versions are for our supporters to try out and give us feedback. Please do not give the link or files to others.

(3.32 released. Link removed.)

The big change is the addition of the CarboniteItems addon to the zip file. Data for almost 26000 items smashed into only 3.6 megs of addon memory was difficult, but we think it was worth the effort. The many categories with searching and column sorting allows for quick browsing of items. All instances with items from each boss are included.

All initial CarboniteItems design goals were met, but we still have a few more improvements in mind. Your testing and feedback is appreciated.

From the ReadMe file:

-- Carbonite Items

CarboniteItems is a data addon that contains information on over 25000 game items. It is a load on demand addon, which means it is not actually loaded until you use the "Items >>" section of the Guide. Left click the "Items >>" text to view the CarboniteItems data.

Mouse over the item icons to see a Carbonite generated tooltip of information on the item. The tooltip is similar to the normal game tooltip, but there are some minor differences. If the item icon is not shown as a ?, then the item is in the game's cache file, which means you can hold down the alt key and then mouse over the icons to see the game's tooltip for the item.

The "Search [click]" edit box filters the items shown in the list on the right side by searching the Carbonite tooltips of the items currently show. Some examples:

spell pow (items with spell power)
hit rat (items with hit rating)
mana per (items with mana regeneration)
quest: (items from a quest)
minor (only minor glyphs)

The first tooltip line that matches the filter will be shown in the Info3 column.

Left click a column header to sort by that column.
Shift left click a column header to decrease the column width.
Shift right click a column header to increase the column width.

Last edited by carboniteaddon : 02-17-10 at 02:14 PM.

02-16-10, 09:13 PM   #2
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Hello, testing this out some... a little rough at the cuff.

Items:
Professions:
Sorting doesn't appear to have a descending capability - most 80's are going to want new patterns first, not scroll down to see new patterns.
Is there an ability to sort out greens/blues, ilvl's, etc?
Inscription is not under professions as well.
Armor - place a misc. place for this for necks, rings, etc (all but the gems/glyphs under Misc.)
When I go to filter, and I select an armor type (like leather) can it not filter when trying to select a slot (head/shoulder)?
Searching for stats seems to work - can we also put search parameters of greater than? (Just curious)
Misc - Could possibly get rid of this data if the gems/glyphs moved to professions?
Amor/Weapons - These two categories could have a PVP gear area, or create a PVP section to view different PVP gear. (remembering to then break out the ability for each season/type.)
Creatures - Rename to "Instance/Raids drops"
Subsections for Pre-BC, BC, Wrath instances.
When selecting from the first group, the instance in the left panel highlights automatically to Black Morass - can it auto highlight the selected instance instead?

Lastly, when checking through this guide, I get so much spam when I click on different items that it kills my chat screen. Says "CARBONITE guide showType Leather" or replace leather with what you may select. I get about four lines.

EDIT: Ability to shift-click (or some sort of click) to paste a link into chat would be nice.

Gathering:
The blinking dot is great!
Is there a way for the game/carb to realize that the node being detected is not a herb you want to select and therefore disregard the blinking yellow dot. IE: I want to only farm Icethorn/Lichbloom - so I go into Guide > Herbs > and highlight only these two herbs. Could the game/system find out when it finds goldclover and not give me the yellow dot?
Also... Can we further filter out herbs (if possible) to be Original, BC, and Wrath herbs? (or at least, again, a way to sort descending on the "info" header?)

Are there any other features I may have missed reviewing?

Last edited by schizophrena : 02-17-10 at 12:34 PM.

02-17-10, 02:29 PM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thanks for the feedback. I was in the middle of releasing 3.32, when I saw your post, so I won't get a chance to do any of your suggestions until the next version.

Sort descend - added to todo list.

"Is there an ability to sort out greens/blues, ilvl's, etc?"
Not yet. You want to remove greens/blue and ilvls below a value? Added to todo.

"Inscription is not under professions as well."
Added to todo and improving what is listed for each profession.

"Armor - place a misc. place for this for necks, rings, etc"
I was not sold on where I put some categories. I can put them in both places. Todo.

"When I go to filter, and I select an armor type (like leather) can it not filter when trying to select a slot (head/shoulder)? "
The body location category you select already just shows that type of item. I will probably add an All under each armor type (Cloth, Mail...)

"Searching for stats seems to work - can we also put search parameters of greater than?"
Not yet. It is a text based search, so numbers are not simple. Added to todo.

"Misc - Could possibly get rid of this data if the gems/glyphs moved to professions?"
True.

"Amor/Weapons - These two categories could have a PVP gear area, or create a PVP section to view different PVP gear."
I would like to also add set data sometime. Probably be a while on this.

"Creatures - Rename to "Instance/Raids drops""
I had trouble settling on a name. Yours probably sounds better. Vote now!

"Subsections for Pre-BC, BC, Wrath instances."
That was in the back of my mind. Todo.

"When selecting from the first group, the instance in the left panel highlights automatically to Black Morass - can it auto highlight the selected instance instead?"
The problem is from sorting. The left list selects the same # in the right list when drilling in, but they are often sorted differently. Todo.

"Lastly, when checking through this guide, I get so much spam"
Just debug info. None of that is on in 3.32.

"Ability to shift-click (or some sort of click) to paste a link into chat would be nice."
I could on items in your cache (they have item icon). Others may cause disconnects. Todo.

"Is there a way for the game/carb to realize that the node being detected is not a herb"
No. Carb is switching minimap graphics and the game uses the same graphic for all those.

"Are there any other features I may have missed reviewing?"
I don't think so. Nice feedback. Was wondering if anyone even looked at it.

Last edited by carboniteaddon : 02-17-10 at 02:50 PM.

02-18-10, 01:18 AM   #4
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
he beat me to everything

04-02-10, 09:13 AM   #5
Bbbubba
Premium Member
Premium Member
Thanks, but how about releases?

Hi Guys,

I realize that Blizz screwed you over, but there are many of us that made one year donations less than an year ago and there's been almost a total stop in new releases. As more an more UI modules get released, I'm finding that Carbonite has less and less utility.

04-02-10, 02:32 PM   #6
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
That was a donation not a subscription fee.

While a update would be nice the Carb team owes us nothing .. no matter how much or little we donated. It was stated a while back that the person working on Carb was no longer doing it full time anymore and was dealing with projects that where making him money. He said he would stay on for a while and update here and there but he has, in the past anyway, done more than updates.

Sadly I see Carbonite disappearing soon as they will not give out permission for anyone else to work on it. It is dying a slow death.

04-30-10, 10:48 PM   #7
Phantom
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Bbbubba View Post
Hi Guys,

I realize that Blizz screwed you over, but there are many of us that made one year donations less than an year ago and there's been almost a total stop in new releases. As more an more UI modules get released, I'm finding that Carbonite has less and less utility.
Carbonite has been updated to support every single minor and major World of Warcraft patch since they were forced to change their model.

I am not sure how you figured the multiple updates to the add-on being a stop of new releases.

You have to remember several of the reasons there were so many updates ( the quest database ) was merged into Blizzard's database with the Quest Tracker patch.

09-08-10, 09:31 AM   #8
Mittparadox
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

(3.32 released. Link removed.)
Uhm, wheres the link then?
is it the normal version i have to download?

i have always had carbonite in wow and realy hate to use the normal one now in cata beta.

09-08-10, 10:10 AM   #9
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

3.32 is the old beta from changes put out back when the original post was made, ie Feb 10, 2010. Well before Cataclysm was opened to beta.

A Carbonite Cataclysm version has not been posted yet. But they have said it's being worked on in other posts. We just have to wait.

11-19-11, 01:01 PM   #10
sconley
An Aku'mai Servant
Time to remove this thread

Very old thread, please remove

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 3.3201 Beta