04-23-10, 02:17 AM   #1
Drugekull
A Fallenroot Satyr
Issue with NUI since 3.3.3

Hi

I am having an issue with NUI since the latest wow patch

In the past this used to happen once itn a while but now its happening every time I have logged in

When I login to WOW NUI interface is totally messed up there are no icons just the border nothing else I can't even see the chat frame I have to type NUI rl then the interface reloads and its back to normal

I have tried this on 2 seperate machines and they do the same

I also have another small issue but just a bit irratating and it has been part of NUI for a while

When you casting a spell and the castbar is up and you are being nocked back by a mob the cast bar sometimes diappears I am sure this is a bug.

04-23-10, 03:10 AM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
read this thread

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=31110

04-23-10, 04:25 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yes, the cast bar bug has been around for a while. It was worse before and Scott did make some improvements to it but it is probably something to do with update during combat limitations.

If you are getting more than 4 start up error messages then you are getting other errors. If you are getting the same 4 errors whenever it happens then it is what we are all getting. I have been trying to track down and catch the offending bit of code but have had no luck yet.

Namely it is 2 bugs.

1) Sometimes on start up addons will lose their saved variables (wtf data) and thus will not work. The best solution to this I think is to validate everything as if it may break at any moment but with several hundred lines of code a file multipled by the amount of files nUI has I sure ain't gonna insist that Scott goes through and makes those changes to avoid the errors rofl.

2) Frame Anchor Points getting lost or removed just before blizzard decides it wan'ts to look at its side element *rolls eyes*. I have personally come across this with the watchframe addon I have been playing with. wowwiki documents it but GetTop/GetLeft etc need to know those anchor points. Which of course get killed off when you use ClearAllPoints and reparent a frame too soon before wow tries to use it rofl.

typing /nui rl .. or setting up a macro will allow you to at least continue the session. Sometimes I can repeatedly get the errors and sometimes I can go days without an occurrence and at the moment I haven't been seeing a pattern as to which barring character switching.

So for those that hardly see the errors : Do you tend to play the same character for hours or days without the need to switch over ?

And for those that get the error often : Are you toon hopping so much you get dizzy ?

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

04-23-10, 04:45 AM   #4
Drugekull
A Fallenroot Satyr
Hi

Thanks for the replys

I read the other post and my goodness what a mission to sort this one out

I don't toon hop that much I usually play with one character for a long time at a time

The /nui rl sorts everything out and I never get an error again for that session but when I logout and back in the UI is messed again

Its strange though because in the past I hardly ever got this error the error mainly came up when I logged in on a second PC to may main PC then I would get this happening on the second pc only hardly ever on my main pc now it happens on both every time.

04-23-10, 06:13 AM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I am trying to get the block of time together to go through all of nUI's loader code and modify it to account for the changes that have occurred in the last few patches. Hopefully this weekend.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

04-23-10, 06:30 AM   #6
Drugekull
A Fallenroot Satyr
That would be great scott

Thanks

04-26-10, 12:33 AM   #7
Demon_Samurai
A Defias Bandit
Yea I just loaded .13+ and now the interface won't even show up just the background box and the mini map is in default location at the top right of the screen. It happened a few times w/ ver. .12+ but a logout/login would fix it. Now tht doesn't work at all, so I have had to resort back to Dominos for action bars, and it's a mess lol.

04-26-10, 02:18 AM   #8
Drugekull
A Fallenroot Satyr
Hi Guys

Just installed .13 on a PC

Straight after the update I logged into wow and all was perfect with the window displaying that I have just upgraded to ver .13

I exited out of wow and reloaded it. After I logged in the screen looked like this?
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_042610_100644.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	4183

Its still messed up but the chat window is in the right place now so its a step in the right direction

I did the /nui rl and all and my UI went back to normal

Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_042610_100810.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	264.7 KB
ID:	4184

Thanks Scott for the Effort looks like you getting there

04-26-10, 02:41 AM   #9
Drugekull
A Fallenroot Satyr
Hi

I just tried something and I had interesting results well more strange than interesting.

I tried to login several times with .13 and I always started off with the messed up UI like the screengrab in my previous post. I needed to reload it to make it normal

The machine I installed .13 on had .11 before not .12

I had backed up the old .11 NUI directory before I upgraded to .13

I deleted the NUI directory with .13 and replaced it with old .11. I logged into wow my interface was perfect no issues I logged in about 5 times with no issue

I upgraded to .12 and still I have logged in about 5 times without issue now

I deleted the .12 NUI directory now and coped the original .13 back and I have logged in 5 times without issue

I used to have a messed up interface 100% of the time before if I restarted wow it would come back messed up every time now to have so many logins without issue is very strange

I am going to try the same thing tonight on my Primary machine and see if it does the same

04-26-10, 04:09 AM   #10
spiel2001
nUI's Author

You should be able to type '/nui rl' to fix the problem even though you can't see the chat frame.

Originally Posted by Demon_Samurai View Post
Yea I just loaded .13+ and now the interface won't even show up just the background box and the mini map is in default location at the top right of the screen. It happened a few times w/ ver. .12+ but a logout/login would fix it. Now tht doesn't work at all, so I have had to resort back to Dominos for action bars, and it's a mess lol.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

04-26-10, 01:00 PM   #11
Demon_Samurai
A Defias Bandit
As of .14 install it works beautifully now. Thx.

04-29-10, 07:44 AM   #12
Drugekull
A Fallenroot Satyr
Hi Scott

I installed .14 it worked a couple of times then my interface was messed up again

But looks like .15 sorted it out lets hope it stays that way

Thanks for the effort

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Issue with NUI since 3.3.3