12-30-09, 01:15 PM   #101
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Little update I'd like t see if this works for anyone else. Last night I noticed the keybinds gone on my shaman on a hunch I hit the arrow to the right of the main action bar to change the bar number. After going from bar 1 to 2 and back to 1 the keybinds were back. Just curious if that works for anyone else beats reloading the ui. Don't know if this will help with stances and forms I'll have to see but unfortunately my account was hacked the other day and my rogue was either deleted or transferred to a different account along with all my pallys gear. Still waiting on word from Blizz about getting all my stuff and toons back.

12-30-09, 05:33 PM   #102
Taralas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Have you got a character that you never have it happen on ?

If so, perhaps seeing if there are any differences between them that you can see, barring the obviously different key combos themselves.

Hmm, unless having different key combos for the same slot on different characters are causing the problem. Hmm.
I have not had a character that it has never happened on. However, the method I posted before works consistently every time to rerpoduce the error. Also, I can reproduce the error by entering or leaving a vehicle while in combat as well on any character.

-Taralas

12-30-09, 08:09 PM   #103
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm, I started wow 2 weeks ago I think with an empty WTF, WDB, Cache and Interface folders and set up 4 keybinds. Logged out, logged in and keybinds remained. Was like that on all my characters. I have as of yet not been able to reproduce it as I would need to set up keybinds first as I never use keybinds so some example keybinds and on what buttons would be handy

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

12-31-09, 07:05 AM   #104
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Xrystal... you don't really need to set up any keybinds. You can tell they go wonky when 1 - 9 and 0, - and = disappear from the main bar.

12-31-09, 07:27 AM   #105
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah, in that case , so far I have only noticed it in a fresh install with no WTF, WDB etc. But then again, rofl, I have never used keybinds so never looked. But I'll keep a watch out.

In the past the only buttons ever to have what I guess must have been keybinds are the 1 to = buttons on the main action bar. And those I have never seen disappear, but I'll double check that next time I jump into wow.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

01-01-10, 10:57 AM   #106
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

One more thing I just noticed, changing the action bar doesn't work guess it was a fluke that one time, however when the binds are broken you can only change between bars 1 and 2 it seems. It's as if Blizzard has taken back control of the bars somehow and is overriding nui's control of them, is that possible? I know your plugging away at nui6 scott so don't feel pressured just trying to give you as much input as possible to try and narrow down the cause of this oh so annoying little bug.

01-01-10, 12:58 PM   #107
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Yeah -- it's definitely something screwy Blizz is doing with the bars -- I just can't figure out why or how to work around it.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-02-10, 09:57 AM   #108
Chmee
A Molten Giant
One thing I noticed yesterday. Sometimes when the key bind display on the action buttons disappears, the keys still work. Sometimes they don't. I have no idea why the difference.

01-05-10, 05:52 PM   #109
vAzNKNiGHT
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This is happening to me now as well. Weird.

01-05-10, 05:54 PM   #110
Loralye
A Kobold Labourer
Possible fix for Keybinding issue

Ok guys, and Scott, I am not sure if this is a fix for everyone but I did this and it works for my toons on the Sisters of Elune (Horde) realm.

Hit escape and go to keybindings. At the top of the box is a check in the box to use Character specific keybindings. I unchecked that and then hit restore defaults, then okay. I did this to all my toons. Logged out, closed the game and then restarted the game. When I first logged in the ui didnt load right so I just logged back out and then back in on my main. When I did all the bindings were back, specifically the 1 - = keys for the main action bar as well as the shortcuts I put in for my mounts using the nUI keybind feature. I did have to reprogram those at first. But once I did I logged in other toons and the problem didnt show up again. All binds were there. I even closed the game and restarted again to verify and again all binds were there.

Seems there is some sort of issue with the character specific keybinding feature that Blizz has deployed and its interaction with nUI. Not sure if this is a Blizz issue or a nUI issue but at least its a workaround while Scott can research the issue further. Hope this works for all of you.

*NOTE You must do it to all the toons for this to work it seems. If you dont do it to all the toons on the realm it wont work. Wow this is screwy!

Last edited by Loralye : 01-05-10 at 06:16 PM. Reason: typo's.. should proof read better. LOL!

01-05-10, 06:05 PM   #111
alverian
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Loralye View Post
Ok guys, and Scott, I am not sure if this is a fix for everyone but I did this and it works for my toons on the Sisters of Elune (Horde) realm.

Hit escape and go to keybindings. At the top of the box is a check in the box to use Character specific keybindings. I unchecked that and then hit restore defaults, then okay. I did this to all my toons. Logged out, closed the game and then restarted the game. When I first logged in the ui didnt load right so I just logged back out and then back in on my main. When I did all the bindings were back, specifically the 1 - = keys for the main action bar as well as the shortcuts I put in for my mounts using the nUI keybind feature. I did have to reprogram those at first. But once I did I logged in other toons and the problem didnt show up again. All binds were there. I even closed the game and restarted again to verify and again all binds were there.

Seems there is some sort of issue with the character specific keybinding feature that Blizz has deployed and its interaction with nUI. Not sure if this is a Blizz issue or a nUI issue but at least its a workaround while Scott can research the issue further. Hope this works for all of you.
I had the same issue but use the character specific bindings and after patch 3.3 have not had an issue with it (Knock on Wood) now watch it mess up again , this is a strange bird for sure.

01-06-10, 02:14 AM   #112
vAzNKNiGHT
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I just went and delete/backup my bindings-cache.wtf files in World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/*NAME* and World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/*NAME*/*SERVER*/*CHARACTER*/, then went in game to set a new keybind; quit the game; copy the old/backed up bindings-cache.wtf into both folders.

01-06-10, 05:35 AM   #113
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I'll be curious to hear if this fixes the issues for others. And thank you Loralye for the help, it is much appreciated.

01-06-10, 08:46 AM   #114
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Loralye View Post
Hit escape and go to keybindings. At the top of the box is a check in the box to use Character specific keybindings.
I don't have a check in that box.. I use the same keybinds for all characters.

01-06-10, 04:55 PM   #115
Taralas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
I don't have a check in that box.. I use the same keybinds for all characters.
Same situation here. However, I will try enabling it, then disabling it to see if that does anything...

Really want to get a fix for this. Since I am (well, WAS) a keybind player, I neeed to get this working again. Clicking buttons, coupled with the slowdowns in 25-man raids (even with all the raid frames turned off) is putting a hurting on my performance.

-Taralas

01-07-10, 01:17 PM   #116
vessaris1
A Murloc Raider
Yes, this bug happens when getting off of vehicle units, changing specs, getting out of stealth, sometimes coming out of shadow form on my priest and changing stances on my warrior... its when the action bars change that it messes up.

01-11-10, 06:29 PM   #117
gman265
Premium Member

Hello everyone,

I don't know if anyone else noticed this and I haven't seen it posted when here.

When the key bindings seem to get 'cleared' they are actually being reset back to WoW's action bars. It is like a constant tug-o-war between WoW and nUI. The reason they seem not to work sometimes is because the WoW right 2 action bars are reversed in nUI. A simple /nui rl will allow nUI to grab the key bindings again.

Check it out for yourself.

1. Log in and if all your key bindings are set with nUI as normal, then check the keybinding settings using the WoW interface. You will see that none are assigned to the WoW action bars and all on nUI.

2. When you log in and your keybindings seem to disappear, check the keybinding settings using the WoW interface. You will see that all are assigned back to the WoW action bars and none on nUI.

I know this doesn't fix any of the issues. I just thought I would point this out. It seems like an endless battle between nUI and WoW to see who can have control over the keybindings.

This has been the case for me 100% of the time and is repeatable.

-gman

01-11-10, 08:42 PM   #118
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Hmm... I had not noticed that for some reason. I'm going to have to play with it and see if it's a reliable measure. It might provide me the cue I need to know when I have to "steal" my key bindings back.

BTW: You are correct, nUI does reassign WoW's key bindings. That is intentional. That way nUI and WoW share the key bindings for the action bars in a way that allows you to install (enable) and uninstall (disable) nUI without losing or changing your WoW key bindings.

It would appear Bliz has changed something that is causing WoW's default action bars to disregard the reassignment of the key bindings (which would decidedly be a WoW bug as it is supposed to respect reassigned key bindings).

In any event, this clue might do the trick. I'll look into it as I can and see if I can use that fact to our advantage.

02-04-10, 12:17 PM   #119
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Some time ago, I assigned shift-1 to shift-= to the keys directly below the main bar in nUI (so they're technically on two different bars). This morning when I logged in, my ui was a mess - most of the dashboard was blank, the chat window was offset from its usual place, and such-like. So I logged out, disabled all addons, logged back in, saw no problems, logged back out, and started enabling addons one at a time, starting with nUI, looking for the culprit. Never found it, but at some point I noticed those shift bindings were gone. The regular bindings on the main bar were there, but the shift ones had reverted back to an old binding set. So I reset them all to shift-whatever again.

Not at all sure what happened, or whether any of the above is useful to you, Scott, but there it is.

02-17-10, 02:54 PM   #120
jts
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy lost keybindings after disable

After I disabled nUI at my Rogue, I lost cahracter speciic key bindings at him.
I found nUI modify the key bindings to something nUI macro:
example from bindings-cache.wtf:

bind X CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button7:LeftButton

I don't know how to repair this to get back my before-nUI keybindings

jts

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Keybinds wiping out