10-28-12, 04:31 PM   #1
bumstah
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite Mini-map help

Hi guys, I'm facing an issue with the minimap not adjusting to my location. If you see the default minimap on the top right corner, you can see that I am near the quest point, which is correct.

However, on the Carbonite mini-map, you can clearly see that I am at a different location, far away from the quest point.

The Carbonite mini-map will work randomly for a few seconds, only to stop dead in it's tracks a moment later. I have tried re-installing Carbonite several times now.

Can anyone please help? Image attached.

10-28-12, 07:22 PM   #2
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Gilneas is bugged for me too... I'm not sure if Rythal knows about it or not... It seems to me the maps are not aligned correctly.. Don't forget they changed Gilneas recently...

10-28-12, 07:22 PM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
That's not a "Carbonite minimap" it's the (only) Carbonite map, minimized.

I would say it's a database problem (Carbonite's quest database doesn't know where the turn in for this quest is), but "will work randomly for a few seconds, only to stop dead in its tracks" is confusing. What do you mean?

10-28-12, 07:25 PM   #4
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post

I would say it's a database problem (Carbonite's quest database doesn't know where the turn in for this quest is), but "will work randomly for a few seconds, only to stop dead in its tracks" is confusing. What do you mean?
The quest POI's are correct in that picture, it's his "you are here" icon that is wrong in Carb's window (the bottom one)

10-28-12, 10:06 PM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
He's in gilneas, which people have reported doesn't seem to follow you correctly but I haven't had a chance to look into yet.

10-28-12, 10:57 PM   #6
bumstah
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post

Ah yes, excuse me for being vague but someone else said it. It was my "you are here" cursor that failed to update to my location.

After testing on some other alts in different locations, the Carbonite map works fine. I guess it's only Gilneas that was having issues. Thanks everyone for pointing that out.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Mini-map help