10-27-12, 01:10 PM   #1
Shuddah
A Defias Bandit
Arrow won't move on Minimap

On one character (this doesn't happen on other toons), the arrow that indicates my character on the minimap won't move, and thus the minimap won't scroll as I move towards a quest area or a quest turn in. If however I go into a building that causes the minimap to 'change', when I come out the map will scroll as I move, but only for a minute or so, then it stops scrolling as I move. I have deleted the WTF folder for this character. I have deleted cache files that I can think of. Any suggestions are appreciated.

10-27-12, 09:17 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Shuddah View Post
On one character (this doesn't happen on other toons), the arrow that indicates my character on the minimap won't, and thus the minimap won't scroll as I move towards a quest area or a quest turn in. If however I go into a building that causes the minimap to 'change', when I come out the map will scroll as I move, but only for a minute or so, then it stops scrolling as I move. I have deleted the WTF folder for this character. I have deleted cache files that I can think of. Any suggestions are appreciated.
unfortunately, when you deleted your characters folder form your WTF folder, the only Carbonite related information you deleted was any known flight points for that character. However, the good news is that that file for that character will be automatically rebuilt by the game the first time that character "talks" with a Flight Master.

ALL of Carbonites character profiles (each characters set up information for Carbonite) are kept at "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" in the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files.

Make sure your installation of Carbonite is up-to-date. The latest version is 5.055.

On that character, the next time you play that character, try disabling ALL of your other addons, and see if the Carbonite map acts the same way.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Arrow won't move on Minimap