04-26-07, 06:51 PM   #1
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Lightbulb Good level 70 Lock build

Was on wowhead and decided to do some talent builds.

Think I'll have that when I ding 70.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
04-30-07, 12:31 AM   #2
darko265
A Cyclonian

nice....
it good that u'll get a fel guard with demonology talents cus they cool althought destruction just eats away at ur mana

soz to say mr warlock but i got more health than u mwhahahah! (but it not fair as i am a paladin lol)

i still such a low lvl

Withren is my main now because i give up on characters very easy but it's just i found tirant boring as a paladin (i'm sure some people think they're great but they're not for everybody)

I now love hunters
06-08-07, 05:02 AM   #3
Lonelock
A Murloc Raider
Hi..

My lock is at 63 atm.

Im full aff and finding it really easy to lvl, no need to drink, eat etc. But what do you think is best for a pvp lock? The above build?
06-08-07, 06:51 AM   #4
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Speaking from experience from Battlegrounds, Arenas and World PvP plus Raiding. I have fought many warlocks (and lost) and also have a Warlock alt myself that sees PvP action.

Demonology is a good spec for PvP as that Felguard can make life hell for squishy dps types. I have lost track of the number times I have been charged by a Fel Guard (charge stun) then got beat on while the Warlock is DoTing me up. Good for World PvP or Arenas where the encounters are swift and groups are small or not existent. Demonology is also a good build for Leveling from 55-70 as you have an excellent tank and damage dealer in the form of your Felguard (who at this point has a few Grimores upgrades) This spec is also good for Heroics in that your group has an additional tank and DPS. However this not so good for Karazhan or 25 man raid as most tanks want the Blood Pact buff. However if your guild already has an Affliction Warlock you may be able to stay Demonology and bring your Fel with you.

Affliction can also be a good PvP spec as your DoTs get buffed and Corruption (with talent) is an instant cast. DoT, DoT, Fear, DoT, Death Coil, Fear, Dead oppenent. Affliction is a good build for Battlegrounds as often you will be with a group of people plus fights can last a lot longer allowing your DoTs do their full damage. However with an Affliction build you will want to team with other players (Feral Druids, Rogues, Priests are good to pair with). Affliction is an excellent leveling build for the 1-60 grind and is also an Excellent Raid spec. Most Warlocks that I run with (Level 70 Druid speaking here) in Karazhan and Gruul's Lair are Affliction.

Last edited by Zyonin : 06-08-07 at 06:54 AM.
06-08-07, 08:35 AM   #5
amz370
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
blizzards ideas of late is to make demo a voable raiding spec , they have this nifty new t5 set bonuses trinkets out of the eye, etc...

how ever that being said, demo=worthless in raiding, felgaurd=nono. the 2 demo raiding specs ull see (ocasionaly 3) are:

1-demonic sacrafice destruction (0-21-40) this is an awsome, versitle build BUT, its also not the best at pvp, though if u have nether prot/backlash, ur good as gold against mages/locks or with backlash a hunter...

2) 34 points to get 3/3 demonic knowledge, maaaad spelldmg from that.

3) a soul link build which a lock temp specs into for some more difficult encounters to bump up resistance, this makes life easy in the kaelthalass fight and lotheroes the blind.

but most raiding locks are either 35-40 points in destro or affliction, my personal spec being 43/0/18 the trick is to get multiple locks and get them to put 1 and 2 poinrts into im HS so u can carry more than 1.

multiple imps is good too as there are often multiple tank groups in 25 man raids
06-08-07, 12:50 PM   #6
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

A new build that I'm going to use.

06-08-07, 01:07 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Dreadlorde: question... why don't you give the link to your build instead of a screenshot? Just curious. With a link, I'd be able to see the tooltips and remember which talents are which.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-08-07, 02:14 PM   #8
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=AZfxuzIiz0estEL

06-08-07, 02:14 PM   #9
Kraki
An Aku'mai Servant
I guess it depends on what you want to do at 70. I've found that the felguard, while awesome for solo leveling, leaves me wanting in endgame content. I was always doing much less damage than other people with lesser gear. I respecc'd affliction and with this build , and a little +shadow dam gear, I consistently out DPS most of my guild in Karazhan and Gruul's Lair.

if you're curious about cast order, on trash, i always do UA (unstable affliciton) CoA (Curse of Agony) Cor(ruption) shadowbolt untill low health, and shadowburn for the kill.

with tougher mobs and bosses, its trinket, UA, CoA, Cor, SL, Immo, SB, SB, SB, UA, Cor, well you get the idea. On longer boss fights i'll swap in Curse of Doom for CoA.
06-22-07, 04:01 AM   #10
Kleo
A Theradrim Guardian
It depends on what you want to do (raid, grind, whatever), but I think that taking the 5 points from cataclysm and putting them into shadowburn for an instant cast DD spell and devastation for the crit might be more rewarding. To Kraki... One might make an argument for maxing out shadow embrace (although nobody will even convince me to), but especially if Dreadlorde isn't going to raid as much at 70, there's absolutely no reason to put more than one point into it over other choices. Also curious as to why you didn't take nightfall.

Also, for the demonology build, if you're speccing into Felguard, presumably you'll have it out most of the time, so you can consider shifting the points you have in imp imp. Maybe more into the destruction tree, or into a shorter cast corruption?

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Good level 70 Lock build