09-15-14, 07:14 PM   #1
Devvyn
A Fallenroot Satyr
Game "hangs" with nibRealUI

I am getting random "hangs" that last from 2-10s when using RealUI. I believe I have it narrowed down to nibRealUI. When I use the command /memory the top most entry is nibRealUI for about 8.5 MiB. As of now I have gone back to using DuffedUI until I can figure out how to fix Real or someone else does.
09-15-14, 09:54 PM   #2
geekyadam
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Devvyn View Post
I am getting random "hangs" that last from 2-10s when using RealUI. I believe I have it narrowed down to nibRealUI. When I use the command /memory the top most entry is nibRealUI for about 8.5 MiB. As of now I have gone back to using DuffedUI until I can figure out how to fix Real or someone else does.
First and foremost, 8.5 MiB is not a lot of RAM usage for an addon, especially a full UI compilation such as RealUI. It seems unlikely that you could run another full UI compilation, but not RealUI.
Feel free to follow the additional instructions in this sticky thread to help find out exactly what is causing the issue.
09-16-14, 02:39 PM   #3
Devvyn
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'll do that. I agree. Seeing as I have a ton of system RAM I'd really like to narrow down where the "hangs" are coming from.
09-16-14, 02:56 PM   #4
Devvyn
A Fallenroot Satyr
When I disabled all but Real I received the following error message:

Message: Interface\AddOns\nibRealUI\Skins\Ace3.lua:2: bad argument #1 to 'unpack' (table expected, got nil)
Time: 09/16/14 13:55:08
Count: 1
Stack: [C]: in function `unpack'
Interface\AddOns\nibRealUI\Skins\Ace3.lua:2: in main chunk

Locals: (*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "table expected, got nil"
09-16-14, 03:10 PM   #5
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looks like an error from Aurora being disabled. Most skins check to see if Aurora is enabled or not, so a bug, but not one causing the hangs.

How often do the hangs occur? Do the hangs happen at any particular time, location or event that you've noticed? On one character but not another, in a group, while solo, in a major city, out solo questing in the world, etc?
09-17-14, 01:02 PM   #6
Devvyn
A Fallenroot Satyr
From what I can see the "hangs" only occur during combat. They are as little as less than a second to 4-6s. It's driving me nuts trying to figure out what is causing it.
09-17-14, 01:37 PM   #7
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

If you're up for further testing, there's some thing you can try:

Download and install the Consumption addon

Once in-game, type /con profiling on
Then type /con graph nibRealUI
Should see a graph appear in the center of the screen. If nibRealUI is causing the hangs, then the graph should spike to way above 1, possibly up into the 10 region. If not, it will stay low usually < 1.

Important: Once finished with testing, type /con profiling off. Don't want to leave CPU profiling enabled as it uses up CPU time itself.
09-17-14, 02:44 PM   #8
Devvyn
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks for the help. I used the Consumption AddOn as you advised and out of combat the graph stayed below one. But once combat started it hovered around 5 and spiked to 10 when the hangs occured

Last edited by Nibelheim : 09-17-14 at 03:25 PM.
09-17-14, 03:25 PM   #9
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Woops, accidentally edited your post instead of posting a new post.

Wowsers. Definitely something going on. Sorry to put you through all this nonsense to try and figure out what's going on. Are there any errors appearing in BugSack (a red icon may appear under the minimap if you move your mouse around that area)?

If no errors, next step would be disabling individual RealUI modules.

To get into the advanced RealUI options, type: /realadv
You could first try disabling the modules under the HuD category. They're all heavily combat focused so a good place to start.
09-17-14, 05:18 PM   #10
geekyadam
A Black Drake

I'm interested in seeing what is causing these issues, as I've never heard of a similar issue arising with RealUI.
09-18-14, 06:07 PM   #11
Devvyn
A Fallenroot Satyr
Ok. Since I couldn't find what the problem was with RealUI I removed all addons and went back to the stock BlizzardUI. And I am still getting the intermittant hangs. So it is my system somewhere and I am trying to trouble shoot and find out where since it's a fairly recent occurance. Thanks for your time.
09-18-14, 06:19 PM   #12
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

One thing that's helped me with strange WoW issues in the past is:

Go to your World of Warcraft folder and delete the WTF, Interface, Cache and Data\Cache folders.
09-19-14, 06:44 PM   #13
Devvyn
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks a lot Nib! I deleted all of those folders you suggested and I have yet to have a hang up so far. Thanks again.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Game "hangs" with nibRealUI