05-05-15, 08:47 AM   #1
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My turn...

I just read Cladhaire's beautiful farewell post. Even if it is not forever, he has earned a long overdue break. I am not up to writing even remotely on par, so I will cut to the chase: I too need a long overdue break. The last break I took was when patch 4.1 dropped, and I can't remember the break before that.

My desire to play the game is rapidly waning, and even trying to create a new AddOn doesn't seem to help. Knowing me, I will probably be back some day, but I can't see that far into the future.

I, simply put, do not enjoy Warcraft as much as I used to.

There are some AddOns I have written that hopefully live on, should there be interested authors. The primary hosting development sites are either WowAce or Curseforge, but everything should be on Wowinterface as well.
  • SmartRes2 (my goal with this was dump LibBars and replace with either LibCandyBar or write something new, as LibBars is very buggy)
  • FeedTillers (for the Tillers' daily feeding quests, might not be a loss at this point)
  • SharedMedia Classical Fonts (unless something changes with SharedMedia, just a ToC bump now and then)
Everything else I have contributed to, but I was never the primary author, or it is unfinished work that is neither here nor there.

If anyone is interested, please PM me either here or on WowAce/Curseforge, and go from there.

Thank you,

Myrroddin.
05-05-15, 09:09 AM   #2
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

I love Feed Tillers and it helped me hit best buddy (sorry don't quite remember the last tier). Rest up and recharge and hopefully you will be back.

Rocnroll
05-05-15, 12:08 PM   #3
gmarco
An Onyxian Warder

Hi myrroddin,

I want to say thanks to you again for all the times you have answered my questions in LUA/XML forum.

Take care of yourself and come back soon :-)
05-05-15, 12:59 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Safe travels myrroddin. You will be missed. Hopefully we'll see you somewhere down the road in some other game.
05-05-15, 04:56 PM   #5
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Have fun with whatever you move on to, man. I understand the apathy, though; I thought WoD would be where I started playing WoW again but outside of running instances or raids it has largely devolved into a grindy Facebook game.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » My turn...