10-13-10, 04:07 PM   #1
anteract
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbonite is deceased...

Never Mind.

(glad its coming back)

---

Last edited by anteract : 10-14-10 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Original Post was hopefully wrong

10-13-10, 04:52 PM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Your assumptions are not proof.

10-13-10, 04:55 PM   #3
Kythlyn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This thread provides nothing to this community and should be deleted.

10-13-10, 04:59 PM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I agree.

10-13-10, 06:03 PM   #5
Phoneguytim
A Murloc Raider
While the assumptions may not be concrete proof...they are quite compelling evidence. Combine those programmers sudden absence and silence with the absence of an updated Carbonite (which has been pretty quick in the past to update) and the absolute silence since the new patch as to any work on a new Carbonite version--and you have a very uncomfortable reality staring you in the face.

And Kythlyn, this thread DOES provide something to the community--an opinion backed up with evidence. Just because you don't like his conclusion, don't try to censor his voice.

If Carbonite does come back, we will all celebrate (and hopefully support the developers with our $$). Until that day, we need to find alternative addons that will fill the void that Carbonite has left.

10-13-10, 06:23 PM   #6
Kythlyn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
As far as I'm concerned, until an announcement is made this is all speculation. And should the devs choose to continue working on the project, I'd much rather them return to the forums and be greeted by positive and constructive support instead of bitching and conspiracy theories.

10-13-10, 06:27 PM   #7
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Kythlyn View Post
As far as I'm concerned, until an announcement is made this is all speculation. And should the devs choose to continue working on the project, I'd much rather them return to the forums and be greeted by positive and constructive support instead of bitching and conspiracy theories.
Well stated Kythlyn.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

10-13-10, 06:29 PM   #8
Phoneguytim
A Murloc Raider
It wasn't a conspiracy theory... it was an opinion of a set of facts.

It wasn't bitching.

As far as worrying what the developers will read if and when they ever return--well they have developed some pretty thick skin by now because forums like this always have their fair share of people who aren't happy about anything--even when it's provided free.

I was motivated to post because of your call to censorship. Do you really want to silence anyone who doesn't conform to your idea of the truth? wow

10-13-10, 06:41 PM   #9
Kythlyn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Phoneguytim View Post
It wasn't a conspiracy theory... it was an opinion of a set of facts.

It wasn't bitching.

As far as worrying what the developers will read if and when they ever return--well they have developed some pretty thick skin by now because forums like this always have their fair share of people who aren't happy about anything--even when it's provided free.

I was motivated to post because of your call to censorship. Do you really want to silence anyone who doesn't conform to your idea of the truth? wow
My statements weren't directly towards you specifically. Take a quick look through most of the threads and you'll see who I am talking about. Not to mention the Carbotrolls thread which hits the nail on the head. But, my main problem with this thread is the definitive vocabulary used in the subject line. Let the devs make an announcement like that should it ever be necessary.

And as for the call to censorship, that's really not my intention. Speak freely.

10-13-10, 06:57 PM   #10
Derpa
A Defias Bandit
Or maybe, we can take this evidence as proof they are all slaving over their keyboards: surround by moldy food dishes, crushed redbull cans littering their desks, 2 weeks worth of hair growth dotting their faces holding the petrified remains of tears and microwave burritos, with the vague stench of old sweat and urine because they are all working as hard as they can to get the update out.

But, I'm a glass half full type of person.

10-13-10, 06:59 PM   #11
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Derpa View Post
Or maybe, we can take this evidence as proof they are all slaving over their keyboards: surround by moldy food dishes, crushed redbull cans littering their desks, 2 weeks worth of hair growth dotting their faces holding the petrified remains of tears and microwave burritos, with the vague stench of old sweat and urine because they are all working as hard as they can to get the update out.

But, I'm a glass half full type of person.
/Shudder

I hesitate to ask, but I'm somehow compelled to... What's the glass half full OF?

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

10-13-10, 07:01 PM   #12
Derpa
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
/Shudder

I hesitate to ask, but I'm somehow compelled to... What's the glass half full OF?
Badger piss, but it is half full...

Last edited by Derpa : 10-13-10 at 07:02 PM. Reason: I R Speeling CHAMPONION!

10-13-10, 07:26 PM   #13
Fadette
A Kobold Labourer

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good Carbonite replacement until we get an update (fingers crossed)? It's not the quest help I'm looking for as much as a moveable, zoomable mini-map. As far as I've seen, that map was pretty unique to Carbonite.
It's embarassing to discover that even though I've played this game for years, I can't get around azeroth without my map...=(
Any ideas?

10-13-10, 11:16 PM   #14
DJ Particle
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by anteract View Post
Carbonite Is Not Returning...
Yes it is - 'carboniteaddon' just confirmed it
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...1&postcount=11

10-14-10, 07:45 AM   #15
gio2vanni86
A Kobold Labourer
Relief

Hope to see the addon back up n patched up.. Questing with Blizzard's ways r ridiculous n flat out a waste of time *thinks back to 2007 and looking at quest n going to thottbot.com * ahhhhhhhhh. If they could learn anything, i think carbonites approach is the best i've seen by far. Thank you Dev's for making carbonite such a great addon, i look forward to seeing it again. For the time being im going to farm JP's until its up n running

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite is deceased...