06-18-10, 03:48 AM   #1
Yashael
A Defias Bandit
Total RP and Carbonite incompatibility

Total RP is a new roleplaying mod which is all the rage in the RPing community. Sadly, it seems to conflict with Carbonite's map. Usually, when one hovers with the mouse over an area, the view will change into a more detailed view of the area in question with city names and the like visible. Sadly, if combined with Total RP that doesn't work anymore and all you get when zooming in is eventually the "satellite view" of valleys and mountains, but no settlement names.

Is there any fix for this? I love both add ons and hate to loose either. Currently my solution is to disable Carbonite map, but that obviously means that you can't set the "go to" location on the global map anymore >.> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

06-22-10, 11:13 PM   #2
Gallus
A Murloc Raider
What happens if you bring up the original map with Alt-M?

06-30-10, 02:54 AM   #3
Jigain
A Molten Giant

I, too, have encountered this problem and would love to see it fixed.

The standard Blizz map has no problems with Total RP, however, it is distinctly lacking in the hover-mouse-to-switch-zone department.

Furthermore, if you try to set a goto in another zone using the map like this, Carbonite assumes it is a part of your current zone and tries to send you back into it if you decide to leave for the new zone.

I've posted a comment regarding this on the Total RP download page as well ( http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a.../total-rp.aspx ), hopefully either of these two outstandingly brilliant programmers can find a solution.

Edit: Upon further inspection, the standard Blizz map seems to have a problem as well. This occurs even when Carbonite isn't loaded, which would mean the fault is entirely Total RP's.

Last edited by Jigain : 07-01-10 at 08:39 AM.

07-12-10, 09:41 AM   #4
PersephanieTwistingNether
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
I, too, have encountered this problem and would love to see it fixed.

The standard Blizz map has no problems with Total RP, however, it is distinctly lacking in the hover-mouse-to-switch-zone department.

Furthermore, if you try to set a goto in another zone using the map like this, Carbonite assumes it is a part of your current zone and tries to send you back into it if you decide to leave for the new zone.

I've posted a comment regarding this on the Total RP download page as well ( http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a.../total-rp.aspx ), hopefully either of these two outstandingly brilliant programmers can find a solution.

Edit: Upon further inspection, the standard Blizz map seems to have a problem as well. This occurs even when Carbonite isn't loaded, which would mean the fault is entirely Total RP's.

My Boyfriend has Total RP and he does not have this issue at all. His map works fine. I also have total RP, but mine is doing that as well. It only seems to happen for me on only one toon. Have any other solutions came up yet?

07-12-10, 02:43 PM   #5
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by PersephanieTwistingNether View Post
My Boyfriend has Total RP and he does not have this issue at all. His map works fine. I also have total RP, but mine is doing that as well. It only seems to happen for me on only one toon. Have any other solutions came up yet?
I'm afraid not. The best I can recommend is to post about this on Total RP's english forum:

http://forums.telkostrasz.be/showthread.php?tid=270

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Total RP and Carbonite incompatibility