03-03-10, 03:30 PM   #1
ishikawakazumasa
A Murloc Raider
Key bindings/Tooltip

Hello, fairly new to the addon... it's a wonderful thing not having to spend hours setting up a decent UI.

I've encountered a few issues however...

The latest version says something about fixing druid key bindings? I sometimes have to /nui rl in order to get keybindings to show up on first login much like the version before it.

Also, my tooltip (on loot that pops up to roll need/greed/de on) doesn't show up and let me see what stats a certain buff or debuff has and sometimes glitches out on loot to the point where I can't view the stats on the loot cause it disapears so quickly.

Reloading the UI doesn't effect this issue however.

Any suggestions? Or is it something I'm doing wrong?

Only addons I have aside from nUI are DBM, Omen, Recount, and Auctionator on a clean install

Thanks in advance

Last edited by ishikawakazumasa : 03-03-10 at 03:36 PM.

03-03-10, 03:48 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It is something we have been trying to figure out for a while now. Not everyone gets it and the problem seems to exist regardless of using nUI. So it's just the case of finding a consistent repeatable problem that then stops the moment the fix is found, but starts up again when the fix goes away. Otherwise the fix is just a lucky guess, temporary, until we can track down the correct one.

I unfortunately have yet to get this problem on my druid or rogue and especially with nUI installed. The first time I had my keybindings disappear was the other day after a fresh install and running wow with no addons whatsoever. I fixed it by resetting my character specific keybindings to the default, which for me is no biggie as I only use the default keybindings. The non character specific keybindings were displaying fine. All of this was without nUI. With nUI I don't get this display problem at all. So, 1. I can't help Scott test for solutions and 2. I can't test if it is fixed *sigh*

Here's the post in question where the discussion is held : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...486#post180486

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

03-03-10, 03:55 PM   #3
ishikawakazumasa
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
It is something we have been trying to figure out for a while now. Not everyone gets it and the problem seems to exist regardless of using nUI. So it's just the case of finding a consistent repeatable problem that then stops the moment the fix is found, but starts up again when the fix goes away. Otherwise the fix is just a lucky guess, temporary, until we can track down the correct one.
I've only ever experienced an issue with the tooltips with nUI installed. I used to use TinyTip for my tooltips. If I disable nUI, tooltips work fine again - it's ONLY on buffs/debuffs and loot roller windows, everywhere else it works fine. Ideas?

03-03-10, 04:26 PM   #4
ishikawakazumasa
A Murloc Raider
Using /nui tooltip default idea from

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=30549

Has somewhat solved the issue of the buff/debuffs. I installed my tooltip addon again and it seems to be doing fine except it still hides the tooltip on the loot roll window during combat only. Also it's hiding the tooltip on the debuffs that show on the HUD, the buffs/debuffs on the ssides of the screen are fine however.

That's as far as I've gotten on figuring out a way around the tooltip issue though.

03-03-10, 04:45 PM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

The tooltip issue is separate from the key binding issue Xrystal's responding to. With regard to the tooltip, I'm still trying to sort this out. You can, however, work around it with ease: just rotate the camera so the boss/mob is not behind the loot window. The problem only happens with the mob is behind the loot window because a conflict comes up between whether the boss tooltip or the loot tooltip should be shown.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

03-03-10, 06:36 PM   #6
ishikawakazumasa
A Murloc Raider
Gotcha, I missread Xrystal's response. Thanks for the info, would there be any way of resolving this in a later update? Just curious

And if you would like help testing for the key bind fix, I seem to have no troubles replicating it - though I'm not sure on the details of how... lol

Last edited by ishikawakazumasa : 03-03-10 at 06:40 PM.

03-03-10, 11:24 PM   #7
Senutyenool
A Fallenroot Satyr

G'day,

downloaded latest version yesterday, but still have the keybinding problem, that is I need to /nui rl upon log in as bindings don't show.

Cheers

03-04-10, 06:32 AM   #8
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by Senutyenool View Post
G'day,

downloaded latest version yesterday, but still have the keybinding problem, that is I need to /nui rl upon log in as bindings don't show.

Cheers
If you'd checked the Bugs forum, this is a long standing, ongoing issue, that Scott is still trying to fix

Still happens.

Marth

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Key bindings/Tooltip