09-24-16, 11:39 AM   #1
vbezhenar
A Murloc Raider
QueryAuctionItems returns all items, not paged

I've found a strange problem. I know that auction searches return paged data. One must iterate over each page to get all results. Default interface works like this, Auctionator works like this, TSM works like this and other addons I've seen works like this.

I tinkered with this API and found strange thing. So basically if we are talking about default auction UI and I'm searching for something (only search by name, nothing else), it calls:
Code:
QueryAuctionItems(name, 0, 0, 0, false, -1, false, false, nil)
but if I'll change 5-th parameter from false to 0:
Code:
QueryAuctionItems(name, 0, 0, 0, 0, -1, false, false, nil)
Now this search returns all results as one huge page. I can browse it (using default interface), buyout items, etc.

It would dramatically improve my ability to buyout items from flooded markets, like herbs. Now with Auctionator it took quite a lot of time to scan, rescan, etc.

So I'm worried, is it intended behaviour or some kind of bug? Can I be banned by using this API this way? I'm thinking about addon to help me with mass buy-outs, and it could tremendously benefit from those fast searches.
09-24-16, 02:02 PM   #2
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's a bug. You get the entire results of your query on one page if you check the "usable" box in the interface.

The "0" that you've replaced "false" with in your query is actually being interpreted as "true", and is filtering the results by usability.

If you're sitting there hammering the auction house repeatedly by requesting every auction you can with this, you might get your account flagged, but for normal auction usage it probably isn't a big deal.
09-24-16, 04:04 PM   #3
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I stumbled across this bug two years ago. I think it existed in Mists as well. There is a limit though, it only returns up to ~2000 items.

For single searches, this bug has been a godsend to avoid singles and coupled with Auctioneer's price per unit percentages, I always get the cheaper price without having to bounce between pages. 7.1's price per unit sort will get rid of the need to use this bug though.
09-24-16, 04:28 PM   #4
vbezhenar
A Murloc Raider
Thanks. Funny that for legion herbs "usable" works, but for some classic herb it's filtered out. So not a universal solution, but might be handy anyway.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » QueryAuctionItems returns all items, not paged