09-12-16, 08:58 AM   #1
Rainrider
A Firelord
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Problems with availability of artifact data

I am the author of LibArtifactData-1.0. Some issues were reported and it all appears to boil down to artifact data becoming prematurely unavailable. I have a guess what is causing this and would like to know if it is reasonable to assume that.

1. When ARTIFACT_UPDATE is fired, it means that artifact data is available and handlers for that event are queued for execution.
2. If an event handler uses C_ArtifactUI.Clear(), the artifact data becomes unavailable and handlers that are still queued will get nils.

If this is how it works, it means I can't rely on updating the artifact data or getting it at all, right? Is there something I can do about that?
11-09-16, 05:53 AM   #2
Gnarfoz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cross-referencing https://github.com/Rainrider/LibArti...a-1.0/issues/9 here.

GetRelicInfo and GetEquippedArtifactRelicInfo will cause ARTIFACT_UPDATE to fire, which in turn will cause UIParent to load Blizzard_ArtifactUI and ShowUIPanel the ArtifactFrame, apparently at a time, when no artifact is "selected", causing GetTotalPurchasedRanks() to return nil while used in ArtifactFrame's OnShow handler.

...or something like that.
Maybe this topic should be moved to the Legion UI bugs forum for better visibility?

Last edited by Gnarfoz : 11-09-16 at 05:59 AM. Reason: IRC log link

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Problems with availability of artifact data