10-23-16, 10:30 AM   #1
Oniya
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Question Quest ID from treasure

Is there any way to know which treasure (i.e. opening chest) connected to which quest id?
as they do not push event for quest finished or completed and do not exist in Quest log?

Also is there a way to get all such type quest Id's for Zone?

Thanks
10-23-16, 05:58 PM   #2
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Simple answer: No.

A Little Complicated answer: Yes, with a bunch of work. If you want to see treasure quests, you can get Wholly and Grail. Together they will tell you as many as Grail has in its database.

More Complicated answer: Yes. The way the addons above do it is by monitoring the LOOT_CLOSED event in zones where treasure chests exist. And the addons know which quests you have already completed. So, when LOOT_CLOSED happens, a query is made to see which quests have been completed, and the difference is the quest associated with the treasure. The only way to know the list of all the quests like this for a zone is to go through the zone and make your database. Grail has this database, though it may not be totally complete, especially for the newer zones.
10-23-16, 06:12 PM   #3
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

How I did it back on the MoP beta was I made an addon that called GetQuestsCompleted whenever CRITERIA_UPDATE fired, and compared the new table to the previous list of completed quests to see if anything changed.

I had a separate table that kept track of normal quests that I had completed from QUEST_TURNED_IN, and any newly completed quests that weren't in that table are hidden tracking quests that can be tied to recently looted chests.
10-24-16, 10:53 AM   #4
Stanzilla
An Aku'mai Servant
You want https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/questschanged
11-17-16, 05:40 PM   #5
Oniya
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by semlar View Post
How I did it back on the MoP beta was I made an addon that called GetQuestsCompleted whenever CRITERIA_UPDATE fired, and compared the new table to the previous list of completed quests to see if anything changed.

I had a separate table that kept track of normal quests that I had completed from QUEST_TURNED_IN, and any newly completed quests that weren't in that table are hidden tracking quests that can be tied to recently looted chests.
Thank you! I will to check for it - previously was checking for QUEST_FINISHED.
but apparently treasures do not trigger it
11-27-16, 11:15 AM   #6
Oniya
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Stanzilla View Post
Addon you recommended very handy, using it, Thank you so much! ^^

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Quest ID from treasure