11-28-16, 10:27 PM   #1
nukme
A Murloc Raider
Does anybody know the event for the completion of a Mythic+ dungeon?

I want to monitor the completion frame with success/fail info and teammates head-icons for my own code. But I don't know the event fired for this frame and I can't find any related topics around.

Where should I begin to look?
11-29-16, 02:24 AM   #2
Tim
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You could do the same thing I just did to help point you in the right direction. Go into Blizzard's source code and look at the Scenario Objective Tracker file.

https://github.com/tomrus88/Blizzard...iveTracker.lua

Code:
local scenarioName, currentStage, numStages, flags, _, _, completed, xp, money = C_Scenario.GetInfo()
local stageName, stageDescription, numCriteria, _, _, _, numSpells, spellInfo, weightedProgress = C_Scenario.GetStepInfo()

SCENARIO_COMPLETED
SCENARIO_CRITERIA_UPDATE
SCENARIO_UPDATE
I wasn't able to find documentation on those events to be able to give you any parameters.

As for "teammates head-icons", I have no clue what you're talking about so I can't help there.
11-29-16, 08:51 AM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

If you know when the event occurs, just type "/etrace" soon before it happens to bring up the Blizzard event monitor tool. I'd suggest removing some of the super-spammy events like COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED, UNIT_AURA, etc (mouse over it and click the "X") but otherwise it's a decent tool for identifying event names and exploring their arguments. Once you have the exact event name you can easily look through Blizzard's code to see how they handle it.
11-29-16, 07:42 PM   #4
nukme
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
You could do the same thing I just did to help point you in the right direction. Go into Blizzard's source code and look at the Scenario Objective Tracker file.

https://github.com/tomrus88/Blizzard...iveTracker.lua

Code:
local scenarioName, currentStage, numStages, flags, _, _, completed, xp, money = C_Scenario.GetInfo()
local stageName, stageDescription, numCriteria, _, _, _, numSpells, spellInfo, weightedProgress = C_Scenario.GetStepInfo()

SCENARIO_COMPLETED
SCENARIO_CRITERIA_UPDATE
SCENARIO_UPDATE
I wasn't able to find documentation on those events to be able to give you any parameters.

As for "teammates head-icons", I have no clue what you're talking about so I can't help there.
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
If you know when the event occurs, just type "/etrace" soon before it happens to bring up the Blizzard event monitor tool. I'd suggest removing some of the super-spammy events like COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED, UNIT_AURA, etc (mouse over it and click the "X") but otherwise it's a decent tool for identifying event names and exploring their arguments. Once you have the exact event name you can easily look through Blizzard's code to see how they handle it.
Thanks for helping out!

I know the event fired when a mythic+ ends, which is CHALLENGE_MODE_COMPLETED. This event fires as the last boss dies, yet not synchronized as the top completion frame shows. For a long time I have no clue about the completion frame, hence the ask.

However I did find something interesting from random keyword googling yesterday.
The old global function GetChallengeModeCompletionInfo has been removed, but there's a replica for it, C_ChallengeMode.GetCompletionInfo. And this function is used in Blizzard code Interface/Addons/Blizzard_ChallengesUI, in which the behaviour of completion frame is defined as ChallengeModeCompleteBannerMixin. And it feeds data into Interface/FrameXML/TopBannerManager to queue up for show. If I get the ideas right.

Now what I want to do is to take a screenshot at the completion banner of a mythic+. The problem is that the completion frame shows a little later than the boss-kill banner, due to the queue, meaning it's just later than the event CHALLENGE_MODE_COMPLETED. I have tried to hook functions as
Code:
hooksecurefunc(ChallengeModeCompleteBannerMixin,"PlayBanner",Screenshot)
but seems to be null. I get no error, and no screenshot. How can I proceed?

Last edited by nukme : 11-29-16 at 07:47 PM.
11-30-16, 01:02 PM   #5
Rainrider
A Firelord
ChallengeModeCompleteBannerMixin is only available after Blizzard_ChallengesUI has been loaded. So either load the addon yourself prior to hooking, or listen to ADDON_LOADED and do the hook there.
12-07-16, 11:33 AM   #6
nukme
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Rainrider View Post
ChallengeModeCompleteBannerMixin is only available after Blizzard_ChallengesUI has been loaded. So either load the addon yourself prior to hooking, or listen to ADDON_LOADED and do the hook there.
I have finished my code. Turns out the frame name should be ChallengeModeCompleteBanner, as defined in the .xml file.

So the right hook is as below, when Blizzard_ChallengesUI is loaded.
Code:
hooksecurefunc(ChallengeModeCompleteBanner,"PlayBanner",Screenshot)
And one can change the hook a bit to allow for some delay to wait for the whole complete banner.

However I don't fully understand the structure of blizz code, as the relationship between ChallengeModeCompleteBanner and ChallengeModeCompleteBannerMixin confuses me, and I have to do some trial and error to comfirm the right hook combination.
12-16-16, 08:44 AM   #7
Vlad
A Molten Giant

In this case the ChallengeModeCompleteBannerMixin is the template while the ChallengeModeCompleteBanner is the actual frame they use in-game.

The Mixin is the class, while the other object is the actual instance. Their mixin code basically just loops through all the keys on the Mixin object and assigns them to the new table/frame and references the methods from the original.

This is a micro example of a mixin:
Code:
local GoldMixin = { copper = 0, change = function(self, n) self.copper = self.copper + n end } -- some generic gold mixin for whatever purpose

local playerGold = {} -- our actual instance that represents the player gold
for k,v in pairs(GoldMixin)do playerGold[k]=v end -- this is what the CreateMixin() API does that Blizz often uses, they also have a XML handler for the same thing when doing this from XML files
playerGold:change(1000) -- working with the method

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Does anybody know the event for the completion of a Mythic+ dungeon?