09-12-12, 11:37 PM   #1
cc2150dx
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy Broken

I have been a dedicated user of carbonite for a long time and I have been following the forums for a while now. I, like everyone else got the Rythal update and was sooo happy that it worked!!! Although I dont agree with everything that was said back and forth...Rythal helped out the Devs with the crash until they decided to come in to talk about it. I think that the Devs have the right to ask someone not to work on it, however when you just leave it for months and not say a word, then someone, who is usually a dedicated memeber, tries to help "your" fans, so I agree there should have been a "thanks Rythal, but no thank you" lol. Anyway back to my point of this post. I was excited to see that the Dev decided to update and got rid of Rythals and installed the 5.04 update and boom, awesome sauce. Now the whole thing has crashed. I have been using it the last couple of days with not many problems and now the whole thing stopped working. First the title window got stuck on my screen so I said oh well, shrugged and turned it off, then boom, quest watch disappeared. I tried uninstalling everything, all files etc. to no avail. Carbo is officially broken, and just to say, it seems a bit fishy. Come out with a fix then make it break perhaps, due to comments and problems......who knows "shrug". I am not going to donate now, and I have no idea what I am going to do, but I guess this means new addons. Please Rythal, make your own...we would all be so greatful and would love to donate to someone who cares!!!!!!!!

Long Time Fan

09-12-12, 11:42 PM   #2
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
If you post specifically what your problems are, and/or screenshots it is usually a good way to get help on how to fix the problems. I know Jeffrey has been a great help to many previously. Also, have you done a clean install of Carbonite? Carbonite is still working for me and nothing has blown up. While I suggested creating code that would explode on the users because of all the complaints, I highly doubt that Carbonite took that route (especially since mine is still working).

09-12-12, 11:46 PM   #3
cc2150dx
A Murloc Raider
Wink

As I said who knows lol, I just find it odd that it crashed. My map is working to show the quests in colors but for some reason my quest watch list is empty...I picked up new quests and still nothing is showing in the watch list...I did however remove all the carbonite files and started fresh with still the same issue...I dont know why the list is not working now...maybe you can help me with how to get to the error so I can post it here =/ lol

09-12-12, 11:56 PM   #4
cc2150dx
A Murloc Raider
here is a pic of the carbo title window stuck...sometimes it is dark and sometimes see through lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_091312_015436.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	324.0 KB
ID:	7183  

Last edited by cc2150dx : 09-12-12 at 11:56 PM. Reason: comment: As you can see there is nothing in the quest watch but I have 3 quests

09-13-12, 12:02 AM   #5
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I have hidden that icon for a while so it's never bothered me.

If you want to hide it, go to the Carb Options, select the general setting (on the left) - now the first three checkboxes, I have checked off. This may help remove the logo constantly showing, I don't know why it would show (and I'm not a coding person either).

09-13-12, 12:18 AM   #6
cc2150dx
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

ok, thanks schiz....I did a little research, reset everything again. All of my 85's quests logs are still working. The only one that seems to be not working is the little shaman I am leveling and this is the error I found...I attached the file of the error. If there is anyone that can help me to figure out why my log is not working that would be great!!!
Attached Files
File Type: rtf carbo error.rtf (3.8 KB, 372 views)

09-14-12, 05:42 AM   #7
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

fix the error yourself

that error, and about 5 others has been addressed by rythal in the roll your own fixes and I have implemented his fixes and can report they work just fine.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=44327

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Broken