01-22-08, 01:54 AM   #1
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Tooltip - Trouble Skinning

I seem to be having trouble skinning this lil tooltip (the one on the bottom) so it will match my UI lol

I'm using Skinner and eePanels2. I couldn't at first figure out which addon was applying the tooltip, but I finally narrowed it down to Auctioneer (EnhTooltip). I've moved the EnhTooltip.lua from \Addons\Skinner\AddonSkins to \Addons\Skinner\SkinMe which has had no affect. I've also tried tinkering with the UI-Tooltip-Border.blp (using BLP Converter) in Photoshop, but I can't seem to get it to look good lol (I'm rusty as heck in PS).

Can anyone pretty please point me in the right direction so I can fix my problem?
01-22-08, 11:20 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The EnhTooltip skin should do it for you. Did you reload the game (and/or exit) after adding it to the skinme folder?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-22-08, 12:31 PM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
The EnhTooltip skin should do it for you. Did you reload the game (and/or exit) after adding it to the skinme folder?
Yes... this is something I've been trying to trouble shoot for over a week It's still reading the graphic file from \Interface\Tooltips\UI-Tooltip-Border.blp for some reason, but I do not know enough about the coding in lua files to be able to fix it. /pulls out hair lol
01-23-08, 01:28 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Still needing help with this
01-23-08, 08:59 PM   #5
Sajomatic
Deuce Interfaces

Premium Member
If you make line changes to customize your addons, don't forget to make the changes in the xml as well as the lua.

Or, you could add a 'Tooltips' folder (and your custom .blp's) to your wow/interface folder and it will override the in-game ones.
01-23-08, 11:33 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Sajomatic View Post
If you make line changes to customize your addons, don't forget to make the changes in the xml as well as the lua.

Or, you could add a 'Tooltips' folder (and your custom .blp's) to your wow/interface folder and it will override the in-game ones.
Thanks, but all I did was change the color to an already existing graphic in the \Interface\Textures folder. The original graphic comes with Skinner if I'm not mistaken. All of the other addon lua files I have added (to match the Addons I placed in the Addons folder) I have copied from \Addons\Skinner\AddonSkins over to \Interface\Addons\Skinner\SkinMe.... this process caused the Addons I have to match the recolored graphic and I didn't have to touch or write a line of code. However, the EnhTooltip.lua that I've copied over isn't working and I can't figure out why.
01-25-08, 07:41 AM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I finally gave up.... redid everything and started over. The tooltip window fixed itself.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Tooltip - Trouble Skinning