12-07-08, 10:12 AM   #1
dramorae
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Angry omg why did they have to change it

i have been using auctioneer for years however unless im just an idiot the new version sux. i cant seem to get it to undercut the price of an item for any more then 1 copper and it wont even match the current selling price. any one else having this issue? it may just be me i really have no clue how to set up all the different crap that the new version has any help with this would be great.

as long as i'm still alive .........we have a chance....
12-07-08, 10:33 AM   #2
Dreadfel
A Kobold Labourer
I've had the same problem. So ... now I'm using Auctionator more and Auctioneer less.

~ John
12-07-08, 11:09 AM   #3
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can try the BETA version from their website HERE

Also post your problems in the Auctioneer comment thread here. The author is pretty active here and maybe he can help you there.
12-08-08, 02:56 PM   #4
Cyn325
A Theradrim Guardian

know what ya mean with the undercutting. much preferred the percentage undercut the classic auctioneer did. technically tho if you don't like the price auctioneer (or any other such mod) suggests, there is always the option of manually changing it. i sometimes do that, sometimes i just leave it. usually how i handle it depends on the item and to an extent the competition.
12-08-08, 03:00 PM   #5
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Cyn325 View Post
know what ya mean with the undercutting. much preferred the percentage undercut the classic auctioneer did. technically tho if you don't like the price auctioneer (or any other such mod) suggests, there is always the option of manually changing it. i sometimes do that, sometimes i just leave it. usually how i handle it depends on the item and to an extent the competition.
Yeah but manually changing it takes away the purpose of getting a mod in the first place that is supposed to do it for you.
12-09-08, 07:17 AM   #6
dramorae
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

its really just the frustration of posting an item and then ill recheck the price ok. however when i post it will show no competition in yet if i search thru the auction tab a million of the item show up.

i tried auctionator but i really like the auto magic vendor to vend al my grays after a raid id drop the whole damn thing if i could find that addon or something like it by its self

ill keep searching for a better ah addon ill post on the other forum as well

again thnx for the help guys

as long as i'm still alive .........we have a chance....
12-09-08, 07:41 AM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Try AuctionLite. It reminds me a lot of the old Auctioneer Basic.
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ctionlite.aspx
12-09-08, 07:41 AM   #8
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Well I use AuctionLite, it's the perfect mix between Auctionator and Auctioneer.

And you could use http://www.wowinterface.com/download...l-O-Matic.html for selling grays?
12-09-08, 12:55 PM   #9
Faraque
A Theradrim Guardian

Personally, Id rather use tekJunkSeller but that might be because I'm a fanboy of Tekkub's
12-09-08, 02:21 PM   #10
inweanwamae
A Kobold Labourer

I'm not sure why it isn't still working for others, but I find Auctioneer is more reliant than ever upon previously scanned data. If you don't do enough scans, either in the Appraisal window, or daily complete scans, then Auctioneer won't be able to recommend good competitive pricing.

I usually try to do one complete scan a day, and usually scan the products I'm attempting to sell using my trade-skills at every major interval.

I've found Auctioneer Light lacks a lot of the abilities that I find useful in AuctioneerAdvanced, but maybe I'm just an option-junky - being able to customise the outcome I find is what makes Auctioneer Advanced a must have mod, over everything else.
12-09-08, 02:33 PM   #11
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Faraque View Post
Personally, Id rather use tekJunkSeller but that might be because I'm a fanboy of Tekkub's
I did not know Tekkub had that one! I'm a fan of his addons too, they just do what they're meant to do and nothing else. I'm gonna replace me bloated addon right away. ^_^
12-09-08, 03:08 PM   #12
aceman67
A Theradrim Guardian

I'm having absoulutly no trouble with the suite.

to undercut, you need to first scan the AH to update its database, then use the Appraiser, it will then work just like you want it too...
12-11-08, 11:35 AM   #13
Kardinalsin
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Dreadfel View Post
I've had the same problem. So ... now I'm using Auctionator more and Auctioneer less.

~ John

thats all i use any more its easy light weight
12-17-08, 04:34 PM   #14
Tyrolit
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
I'm having absoulutly no trouble with the suite.

to undercut, you need to first scan the AH to update its database, then use the Appraiser, it will then work just like you want it too...
Exatly also if you look on the Appraiser window, you will see a button "UPDATE"
use this, ive learnt the hard way.
12-17-08, 04:37 PM   #15
Khorian
A Defias Bandit
I assume that you guys that are having problems have gone into the auctineer config. You can change anything you can think of in there including how much to undercut.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Auctioneer/Enchantrix/Gatherer » omg why did they have to change it