11-20-08, 07:19 AM   #401
Dragonsblaze
The Shadows Beckon...

Premium Member
I'm baaaaaaaaack!
--

Except mine is just Bar 1 (lol).

Anyway, I've been trying and trying and trying to get a focustarget bar like I had in bartender 3 with modality (If I have a focus and it has a target, cast at it, if not, just cast the spell normally) , but no matter what I do (toggle hidden doesn't do anything for this) the bar disapeares when my focus doesn't have a target.

Set the target to focus instead of focustarget, and the bar doesn't go away, but it won't cast spells at the target either (Makes sense considering the "target" of the bar is now the focus >_<).

I want to use Zanthor's Leaderless Hydra without having to use a contorted 2-bar method (explained in detail here)

Last edited by Dragonsblaze : 11-20-08 at 09:18 AM.

11-20-08, 09:10 AM   #402
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
About possession bars: I have one made, it works great, if I can see it... About 80% of the time it requires /mac config /mac config (toggle in/out) and it works fine after that. Never seems to disappear properly when I'm not possessing something either.

11-20-08, 10:56 AM   #403
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by lodewijk View Post
i used search to try and find the answer but could not find any relevant posts, so here we go ...

i have a bar1 of 12 buttons with bindings "1" through "=".
i also have a bar6 that is my posses bar. it has no bindings.

what i would like is when i take control of a vehicle (or die on my unholy DK) is the posses bar to have bindings "1" through "0" (i have 10 buttons on this bar). there is no use in bar1 having these bindings during a posses situation anyway.

is there a way to make this work?

thanks for reading.
you just have to bind 1-0 on the possession bar too, make sure you lock the bindings on normal bar before you do so (in bind mode, left click each button).

Except mine is just Bar 1 (lol).

Anyway, I've been trying and trying and trying to get a focustarget bar like I had in bartender 3 with modality (If I have a focus and it has a target, cast at it, if not, just cast the spell normally) , but no matter what I do (toggle hidden doesn't do anything for this) the bar disapeares when my focus doesn't have a target.

Set the target to focus instead of focustarget, and the bar doesn't go away, but it won't cast spells at the target either (Makes sense considering the "target" of the bar is now the focus >_<).

I want to use Zanthor's Leaderless Hydra without having to use a contorted 2-bar method (explained in detail here)
All having a "target" bar just adds [target=] to all your button macros, this means that you need a bar for [target=focustarget] and one for normal casting, however since [target=focustarget] is added to every spell you put on that bar it would have to be 2 different bars (one visible when you have a focustarget and one when you dont) or you would have to manually set up each macro on the [target=focustarget, exists] state.

11-20-08, 12:29 PM   #404
Dragonsblaze
The Shadows Beckon...

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Feldoth View Post
you just have to bind 1-0 on the possession bar too, make sure you lock the bindings on normal bar before you do so (in bind mode, left click each button).

All having a "target" bar just adds [target=] to all your button macros, this means that you need a bar for [target=focustarget] and one for normal casting, however since [target=focustarget] is added to every spell you put on that bar it would have to be 2 different bars (one visible when you have a focustarget and one when you dont) or you would have to manually set up each macro on the [target=focustarget, exists] state.

Or like in his guide, set them to action IDs so they copy each bar (UGGHhh).

Damnit, I wish this was as easy as Bartender 3 + Modality was
Focus has a target? Cast at it.
No focus / Focus has no target? Cast normally.

--

I'm still a macro noob, but what would happen if I set the state to /target focustarget ?

Wouldn't that just put /Target focustarget at the top of all my buttons?
If so, When you don't have a focus or your focus doesn't have a target, will /target focustarget mess up the targeting or will it just bypass it?

11-20-08, 07:16 PM   #405
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Dragonsblaze View Post

Or like in his guide, set them to action IDs so they copy each bar (UGGHhh).

Damnit, I wish this was as easy as Bartender 3 + Modality was
Focus has a target? Cast at it.
No focus / Focus has no target? Cast normally.

--

I'm still a macro noob, but what would happen if I set the state to /target focustarget ?

Wouldn't that just put /Target focustarget at the top of all my buttons?
If so, When you don't have a focus or your focus doesn't have a target, will /target focustarget mess up the targeting or will it just bypass it?
/target isnt a state, only macro conditionals can be used as states.

11-20-08, 08:25 PM   #406
Dragonsblaze
The Shadows Beckon...

Premium Member
/target isnt a state, only macro conditionals can be used as states.

11-21-08, 05:44 AM   #407
pinegrovy
A Defias Bandit
First off, incredible addon. Just amazed at what you've created and allowed us to do. The Texas sized macro allowance lets me change me gear based on which form I am in (loving the [nocombat] state).

Using another bar mod, I was finding I was adding bars all over the place for quest items, healing/non-combat buttons, a good amount of Oh S**T buttons, etc.

What I've started is to use the modifier ability to bring up those buttons that are not usually used but I can't waste time in going through the spellbook. In normal state I've displayed 3 form buttons (Bear, Kitty, Travel) that I need to get to ASAP and some primary attack macros. If I hit hold the shift key, 3 more bars display with some goodies on it.

Is there a way to have the shift key toggle the display state without holding the shift key down? I'm thinking the way the caps lock key works so if I need to cast multiple spells I'm not having to try and hold the shift key with my pinky, move the toon with the AWSD fingers, and click on the buttons.

I was using the [button:1] for Berserk and [button:2] Survival Instincts. If I were to use /castsequence berserk, survival instinct, would I bypass berserk if it was on cooldown and go to SI? would it be worth setting a reset? I was thinking no because the CD on berserk is 2 minutes shorter that SI.

One issue I am not sure how to address is the changing of the button display. I have a macro:

/cast [nostealth] Mangle - Cat
/cast [stealth] Pounce

When I shift into cat form with no target selected. Mangle icon is displayed. I target a mob and hit Prowl. The mangle icon is still displayed until I re-target. Then the Pounce macro is displayed.

Any ideas on how to have the icon update itself?

I've always used macro's but the scalability of macaroons and the huge macro is awesome. Thanks again.

Last edited by pinegrovy : 11-21-08 at 11:42 AM.

11-21-08, 08:09 PM   #408
sp000n
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
A master config file.

Is there a way to have config files save above the account level? After putting a lot of effort into my template, I've found I can't use it across all of my accounts without file copying which has inevitably led to mistakes across 5 accounts and now three computers.

11-21-08, 09:53 PM   #409
Icycoldmilk
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy Helps

Ok so when I place a self made macro on the one of the buttons it goes on both buttons. Also can't bring up the built in macro editor. I have redone all my addons and it did not fix the problem.

11-22-08, 01:02 AM   #410
Tebasile
A Murloc Raider
Some help from you fellow druids...

I want to set a macro that drops me out of whatever form I'm in, into cat, dash, then hit again when dash is up and go into human form (basically just a speed boost when running to my corpse in a dungeon ). What's the best way to configure this for a single button without switching to the bars I have set up for cat form?

Last edited by Tebasile : 11-22-08 at 01:05 AM.

11-22-08, 01:24 AM   #411
Tebasile
A Murloc Raider
To make an exit button, just make this macro and put it on your possession bar:

/script VehicleExit();
Sometimes the Possession bar is a pet you need to dismiss rather than a vehicle.

It's not a 'true' pet bar (hunter/warlock type), it's still a Possession bar. Is there something that can be added to this macro to include a 'dismiss' command as well?

11-23-08, 06:39 AM   #412
KenNashua
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Argh, just when I thought I understood everything...

So my warrior gained berserker stance last night. Easy, I thought, add Berserker Stance to my bar. On my Stance bars (I have one + a linked bar), add buttons for Berserker stance.

Only problem, is when I toggle stances, it always sticks with either the buttons from Battle Stance or Defensive Stance, whichever I was in before I clicked onto Berserker Stance. How can I fix?

11-24-08, 11:54 AM   #413
pinegrovy
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Tebasile View Post
Some help from you fellow druids...

I want to set a macro that drops me out of whatever form I'm in, into cat, dash, then hit again when dash is up and go into human form (basically just a speed boost when running to my corpse in a dungeon ). What's the best way to configure this for a single button without switching to the bars I have set up for cat form?
(at work, can't test this but its similar to something I have)

The limit to your request is that you cannot do all of that in one click. Each action must have its own click. I would suggest the following

/cancelform
/castsequence [button:1] reset=15 !Cat Form(Shapeshift), dash
/cancelform [button:2]

Left click the macro and 1. removes the form you are in. 2. puts you in cat form (the ! prevents the toggling so if you spaz click the macro, it will not remove you from cat form) 3. it will cast dash.

If at any time you right click the macro, it will bring you back to caster form.

Hope this helps.

11-29-08, 03:04 AM   #414
lduvall
A Murloc Raider
Macaroon Slash Commands

I'm new to macaroon, and was wondering if there were slash commands to toggle the showing and hiding of bars. What I'm trying to do is create a macro button that essentially toggles another macaroon bar when clicking it; I'd also like to add the hide command to the buttons on the bar it toggles to create a sort of mini popup bar / menu. I wasn't able to find the command in the macaroon slash command list, but I figured I'd ask anyways to be sure.

Thanks for your time.

Edit:
Whoops sorry, found the command. Thanks anyways lol!

Last edited by lduvall : 11-29-08 at 05:50 AM.

12-01-08, 12:06 PM   #415
rakkarage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Zanthor View Post
About possession bars: I have one made, it works great, if I can see it... About 80% of the time it requires /mac config /mac config (toggle in/out) and it works fine after that. Never seems to disappear properly when I'm not possessing something either.
ya i always (or usually) have to do this manual enable of possession bar as well... and when i do it manually, the bindings dont work (override main bar)

/mac config and cycles through the bars till i find possession bar then shift up arrow to enter /mac config again... or get caught in combat while you are doing this casing a death before u can access your buttons

does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? or how to set up a possession bar without these problems?

thanks

the /script VehicleDismount() thing seems to help reset it or whatever idk

Last edited by rakkarage : 12-01-08 at 12:30 PM.

12-02-08, 09:19 PM   #416
Wolfang
A Theradrim Guardian
Lost petbar icon

I was trying to make a new petbar and didn't realize that it was going to remove icons from the default bar. Now I went back to default and I am missing the Agressive() icon from the default petbar (and from the new petbar created with Macaroon). How can I just get it back to normal? I have disabled all addons and have vanilla interface but still now icon on the petbar for Agressive()

W

12-03-08, 01:37 PM   #417
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Zanthor View Post
So I see I'm not the only one suffering from this, honestly I'm about to go back to blizzards bars because I'm so fed up with possession issues.

I had worked around this just fine... until... well here's the story.

I took my main bar, 12 buttons all macros, added a possessed state to it, 12 buttons, id's as indicated to make a possess bar work. Locked my bindings on the first state, set bindings on the second... took control of a vehicle, and like clockwork it would switch, giving me hotkeys 1-= for my possession time, it was great, until I found a quest that counted on me using the pet to tank and ME to dps... I had NO HOTKEYS for my spells...

So seriously, I love macaroon but I'm really having trouble with this.

12-03-08, 01:47 PM   #418
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
Feature Request: Pre-Macro/Post-Macro

Ok, this is mainly a multiboxer centric request, but I see it being pretty easy...

I would like the ability to make all macro's on a bar have pre and post macro conditions.

For example:
PreButtonMacro:
/target [mod:alt]Samam;[mod:ctrl]Samarn;[mod:shift]Sarnam
/assist

Button Macro:
/cast Spellofdoom(Rank 10)

PostButtonMacro
/targetlasttarget

Yes, all this can be added into a single macro, but ultimately I need the pre and post conditions on all 25 of buttons on this bar, and those may change depending on the group composition, having a pre-post condition macro gives the same functionality as described here without the hoops.
http://www.wemultibox.com/blogs/vynd...ew-best-friend

12-09-08, 09:23 PM   #419
Rowdysattva
A Defias Bandit

I have been meaning to get my macaroon set up for some time now. I just spent a bunch of time on this site and a few others that discuss macaroon in the threads and associated FAQ and i learned a bunch about how to set up bars, stances, FTL set-up, vehicles and pets...

What i still can't figure out is how to arrange the xp bars, the bags and the "main icons" for your profile and the cast bar. I have the Macaroon extras downloaded. When i first log on i have two sets of these bars... for bags and my profile and such. When i disable the blizz IU then i only have one set. I assume this is the macaroon set. They are right in the middle of the screen though and i want to be able to drag and move them around the screen. I found ways to make the xp bars longer and wider... and to change the boarder... but i can't figure out how to move them around the screen. I can't do anything with the main icons and my bag icons but open them.

Someone asked about this way back in this thread but i read the response as just to download the extras. I have the extras but i can't move the bag or main icon bars around.

Any help?

12-10-08, 11:36 AM   #420
AliasWit
A Murloc Raider
OK, after doing so many "pet/possession" quests, I've found that Macaroon only gets in the way. I can't even dismount the dragons at the Wyrmcrest daily. Heaven forbid you should accidentally move a power from the pet bar. 1: There's NO WAY to get the power back on the bar, and 2: You may have screwed up that particular power slot for all SUBSEQUENT pets/possessions. Yep, whatever pet/possession I mount, whatever their first power is, is GONE. Across all the different pet/possesses.

So, I got tired of logging off to dismount my dragons or lumber cutter or tank or giant, and now when I know there's going to be just such a quest, i just disable Macaroon. It's the easiest way, really.

With that in mind, I come here to beseech, to implore, to BEG on my KNEES:

Is there ANY way for Macaroon to *NOT* override the basic WoW pet/possession bar? Can it be set up so that when we mount a dragon, the Macaroon bars disappear and the BIG PET BAR pops up JUST LIKE THE DEFAULT UI?

That would solve 95% of my problems, right there. The other 5% is figuring how to set up hotkeys that don't mess up Macaroon's config and work across all pets, but I can live without that.

I'm just so damned tired of having to logout and in.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!