01-06-12, 05:33 PM   #1
Alianka
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

preview paint error

Hi,

today i encoutered these 3 errors, they appeared alltogether in preview before saving design. Its not that important i would say since simple relog works like a charm .) It is maybe connected to the fact that i used a texture that is not registered with RDX yet ( was just trying out changed .tga from GIMP ).

I put them here in same order i have in error log ( from top to bottom ) in case they depend on each other in some way since they appeared in same second.

[string "local windowpath = "true";..."]:265: attempt to index field 'Frame_subframe' (a nil value)

Stack trace:
-----------
Interface\AddOns\VFL\Core\Function.lua:63: in function `Destroy'
Interface\AddOns\RDX\Designs\PreviewWindow.lua:84: in function `hsig'
Interface\AddOns\VFL\Core\DispatchTable.lua:119: in function `Dispatch'
Interface\AddOns\RDX\IdeEditor\FeatureEditor.lua:643: in function <Interface\AddOns\RDX\IdeEditor\FeatureEditor.lua:639>
Interface\AddOns\RDX\IdeEditor\FeatureEditor.lua:148: in function <Interface\AddOns\RDX\IdeEditor\FeatureEditor.lua:135>
Interface\AddOns\RDX\IdeEditor\FeatureEditor.lua:390: in function `OnDrop'
Interface\AddOns\VFL\UI\DragDrop.lua:48: in function <Interface\AddOns\VFL\UI\DragDrop.lua:40>
RDX: Window <preview> caused a paint error.

Extended info:
-----------
Pointer: table: 2F6B25A0
Identity: preview
Path: <unknown>
Error
--------
attempt to call a nil value
[string "local windowpath = "true";..."]:281: attempt to index field 'FreeTimer_5625172' (a nil value)

Stack trace:
-----------
Interface\AddOns\VFL\Core\Function.lua:63: in function `Destroy'
Interface\AddOns\RDX\Designs\PreviewWindow.lua:84: in function `hsig'
Interface\AddOns\VFL\Core\DispatchTable.lua:119: in function `Dispatch'
Interface\AddOns\RDX\IdeEditor\FeatureEditor.lua:643: in function <Interface\AddOns\RDX\IdeEditor\FeatureEditor.lua:639>
Interface\AddOns\RDX\IdeEditor\FeatureEditor.lua:234: in function <Interface\AddOns\RDX\IdeEditor\FeatureEditor.lua:215>
Interface\AddOns\RDX\IdeEditor\FeatureEditor.lua:446: in function <Interface\AddOns\RDX\IdeEditor\FeatureEditor.lua:444>
Regards
Alianka

Last edited by Alianka : 01-06-12 at 05:34 PM. Reason: typo
01-08-12, 08:01 AM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
hi alianka

could you post you recovery package ?

thanks you
01-08-12, 08:39 AM   #3
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
From what I see, there is a problem with destroying a frame object.

Sigg
01-08-12, 09:30 PM   #4
Alianka
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

hi sigg,

sorry for later response, i was away from PC during sunday.

If i remember correctly this error happened in Raid_Player_CastBar design in Alianka_UI raid state.

I am attaching the recovery as asked as well as textures used there since the whole raid state uses lot of textures not from RDX mediapack.

Its compressed with whatever Total Commander uses to compress into .zip

Regards
Alianka
Attached Files
File Type: zip Error.zip (925.5 KB, 615 views)
01-08-12, 09:46 PM   #5
Alianka
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

And i nearly forgot ... i have changed my UI scale to the following as shown in config.wtf

SET uiScale "0.79999995231628"

Regards
Alianka
01-09-12, 12:51 PM   #6
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
First of all, Well done, it is very beautiful.

I am waiting for the day you will release your work!

Unfortunately I was not able to reproduce your error.

I opened the editor, and called some spells without having lua error.

Raid_Player_Castbar_ds
Raid_Player_Castbar_ds_copy

I don't know.
01-09-12, 08:03 PM   #7
Alianka
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Every copy that is in Alianka or Alielvellon is an emergency backup while in raid or so before a immediate change was needed and i from time to time delete all these copies and stuff that is excess, but it wasnt time yet to do it .). I have one more special UI actually, named Development_UI, that is not inthere and that one i use for actual redesigns.

As of my work, thank you a lot ... still i feel its a "newbie" version as RDX is far more powerful than you see there actually ( obviously ouy know it since it is, as i would say, your baby ), i just need to understand the hang of the more complicated vars and so on, how to use them, altho i have to say when i compare this version to what i had 3 month ago not telling 9 month ago, its really a big change and etc in the pvp state, i think i pulled quiete nice job with HLS transforms on player and target as that i would say is in realease state, but other than that, its far from release .), anyway feel free to use it or post it as RDX addon, tho when i am done ( hopefully one day ), i will release full UI package as i use macaroon and many others that are either impossible ( at the moment ), hard or i am too f***ing lazy to reproduce it or i dont know of etc how to check on target frame when i am in combat and my target should be in combat since i am in a boss encounter to actually change state of my target frame to InCombat as etc deathwing wings and hands never get into combat altho you are in combat and you are dpsing them.

Lastly, it wasnt the first time i encoutered this error, but this is the first time i did not have a brain fart and deleted them .) and i used the castbar today under raid conditions on madness of deathwing encounter, no error given either.

Regards
Alianka

Last edited by Alianka : 01-09-12 at 08:08 PM. Reason: so mayn typos, 4 times or 5 times edited ><
01-12-12, 03:55 PM   #8
Alianka
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

As another clarification for the textures, those textures were aquired over the years and for most of them i dont know whom to ask for permission to use them since i aquired them over the years from various of sources including other persons UI whose aquired them from who knows adn so to spealk if you would put it as RDX UI just point out its not final state yet working and point out we dont have permission nor knowlidghe whose original author.
01-13-12, 03:51 AM   #9
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
I suggest to put these textures in a mediapack and if someone is claiming them, let's request him an authorization to use them.

I like the window "Powered by RDX". Do you mind if I add it to all the themes ?

It is a good way for people to know it is a RDX UI.

Cheers
Sigg
01-13-12, 07:31 AM   #10
Alianka
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Sure go for it, but remember to put all the macros with it as they do the same as the circular button altho the window does not have such high strata .) As of note whatever you want to use from it, just use it, no need to ask me .), the fact that someone uses something i designed is the reward for me.

All of them are ... Menu + something

Regards
Alianka

Last edited by Alianka : 01-13-12 at 07:36 AM. Reason: bloody typos

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Support » OpenRDX: Bug/Error Reports » preview paint error