11-22-10, 08:57 AM   #21
Kekskrümel
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
If it really was 1.3.x code, the way MoonWitch goes is way better, since she is porting it to 1.5.x standards, code wise. Makes it more bulletproof, especially in the long run.
Yeah,

its only for checking the layout, because MoonWitch doesn't know how it should be looking.
11-22-10, 09:01 AM   #22
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
oUF versions older than 1.5.x will have the following issues on WoW 4.0.x:
- taint
- updating
- general functionality

Just a slight warning why you'd want to update 1.3.x and 1.4.x layouts to 1.5.x.
11-22-10, 07:34 PM   #23
MoonWitch
A Firelord
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kekskrümel View Post
Yeah,

its only for checking the layout, because MoonWitch doesn't know how it should be looking.
Yeah, that's what I am doing now.. Going to play a little with the old layout to know what feels like what etc. I thought checking it would be sufficient, but it's proven a bit more meh than I thought :P

It'll be ok though. I'm closing in on it
11-23-10, 12:07 AM   #24
MoonWitch
A Firelord
So correct me if I am wrong :
  1. Player
    • Healthbar : class colored?
    • powerbar : colored based on type of power
  2. Target/target of target/focus/focustarget
    • Healthbar (grey if offline, dead/ghost)
      • if target == player > class colored
      • if NPC : reaction colored
    • powerbar : powertype colored
  3. Pet
    • Healthbar : happiness colored
    • powerbar : colored for powertype

That's how I gathered it from the code and from what I could see. (The classcolored HPbar stemmed from a picture of a hunter :P I should have realized it was healthcolored.)

Tell me about the party, same as player? What about the MT and MTT? Also same as player? (I couldn't find any sizes related to MT/MTT so I will make them the "else" size, which is used for pet.)
Also : what about an eclipsebar, needed? Where should I put it (since it's a new thing for oUF_Alekk. I am leaning towards making it show up on TOP of the playerframe)

Currently I am having issues with :
  • Border colors based on elite
  • seeing if the aura's are properly done
  • gotta test all the colors now
  • add runebar/holypower/shards

Italic means it's done.

Last edited by MoonWitch : 11-23-10 at 01:42 AM. Reason: italics for stuff that's done.
11-23-10, 01:15 AM   #25
Tjani
A Murloc Raider
You're right, except player-healthbar should be colored by class... imho.

I'm totally new to that oUF-, lua-thing. All I do is looking into the code and trying to understand what it does.

Here is "my" pet:
Code:
pet = function(self)
self:SetWidth(125)
self:SetHeight(38)
self:SetScale(0.85)

self.Health:SetHeight(19.5)
self.Health.colorHappiness = true

self.Auras = CreateFrame('StatusBar', nil, self)
self.Auras:SetHeight(100)
self.Auras:SetWidth(130)
self.Auras:SetPoint('TOPLEFT', self, 'BOTTOMLEFT', 1, -2)
self.Auras['growth-x'] = 'RIGHT'
self.Auras['growth-y'] = 'DOWN'
self.Auras.initialAnchor = 'TOPLEFT'
self.Auras.spacing = 3
self.Auras.size = 28
self.Auras.gap = true
self.Auras.numBuffs = 8
self.Auras.numDebuffs = 8

self.Name = setFontString(self.Health, fontn, 13)
self.Name:SetPoint("LEFT", self.Health, "LEFT",2,0)
self.Name:SetWidth(80)
self.Name:SetHeight(20)
self.Name:SetJustifyH('LEFT')
self:Tag(self.Name, "[name]")

self.Health.value = setFontString(self.Health, fontn, 13)
self.Health.value:SetPoint("RIGHT", self.Health, "RIGHT", -3, 0)
self:Tag(self.Health.value, "[perhp]%")
end,
Best wishes
Janine
11-23-10, 01:23 AM   #26
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Hey Janine,

Thanks

My issue is mainly updating a layout I didn't use or initially started So it's all a bit odd. I'm currently using it as the colors seem to be right.

Would you guys hate me if I couldn't get the border color change to work?

Last edited by MoonWitch : 11-23-10 at 01:43 AM.
11-23-10, 02:18 AM   #27
Tjani
A Murloc Raider
Here's a vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zoi0GwPbQ4 with a slightly modified version of that layout. Maybe it helps.
11-23-10, 02:35 AM   #28
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Yeah, that DID help

I can now see the bg colors I have are wrong. The border -- yeah I gotta get that right, it'll bother me if I don't :P

But it'll get done
11-23-10, 02:48 AM   #29
Tjani
A Murloc Raider
"Pet is done, colors and tags are set." ... not really! ^^

Pet's focusbar is grey and the healthbar shows 0%.

Last edited by Tjani : 11-23-10 at 02:55 AM.
11-23-10, 02:57 AM   #30
MoonWitch
A Firelord
How odd .. I tried with my lock (lvl 12) and the newly made hunter (lvl 4) and on both I had normal health display. Might I ask which pet you're using? Perhaps it's related to that...

Edit :
I think I know why though..
Does your pet happen to work with rage? Something that needs to build up instead of deplete? Because I did notice a bug (yep yep) that my background of the pet health/power is grey. That could explain the issue there... Why the health turned up 0 I haven't a clue...

Ok, noticed the greyness came up for my player frame too but ONLY when my target dies.. (and thus their HP bar goes grey)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_112310_095413.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	5330  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_112310_095229.jpg
Views:	619
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	5331  

Last edited by MoonWitch : 11-23-10 at 03:10 AM.
11-23-10, 03:06 AM   #31
Tjani
A Murloc Raider
Arrghhh, my bad, sorry. I dloaded the whole pack instead of copy and paste the updated alekk.lua.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arghh.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	5332  

Last edited by Tjani : 11-23-10 at 03:25 AM.
11-23-10, 05:23 AM   #32
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Ok updated to do

- Test party + maintank
- Aura
- Border on elite -- for the life of me, I can't get this to work....

25/11
- Party works HOWEVER I don't know if it's the way it is supposed to be. (will update github in a moment)
- buffs are ok (without timers for the moment - thank you for bringing that to my attention tjani) debuffs are not.
- border on elite still
- MT /MTT hasn't been tested

Last edited by MoonWitch : 11-25-10 at 10:53 AM.
11-25-10, 12:55 PM   #33
Tjani
A Murloc Raider
Wow, you rule.

Edit: Found another video, apparently the original layout in action -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNXA4G5ADKQ.

BTW: Don't like the huge raidframes in the middle.

Last edited by Tjani : 11-25-10 at 03:28 PM.
11-26-10, 01:31 AM   #34
muncher22
A Kobold Labourer
Hey I have recently come back to WoW and I used to run alekk's UI it was the best one I had used, I am trying to get it up and running, I see you guys are putting a bunch of work to get it back to its former glory.

I downloaded the 1920x1080 pack, followed the instructions, manually updated to 1.5.4 of oUF, did a update for a few mods with WoWmatrix (it only found a handfull). Then updated to Moons new alekkui.lua.

Now when I log in, I have standard unit frames, no action bars, ?standard buff frames?, standard chat window, everything else seems to be functioning as I remember however the main parts of the UI seem to have disappeared.

Any help would be appreciated.
11-26-10, 04:57 AM   #35
Kekskrümel
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Tjani View Post
Wow, you rule.

Edit: Found another video, apparently the original layout in action -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNXA4G5ADKQ.

BTW: Don't like the huge raidframes in the middle.
Yeah on the left you can see the MT Frame, Party Frame looks the same.

EDIT: Another Screen with the party frame http://addon.hotwow.com/upload/2009-4/alekk%20ui_3.jpg

Thx for your work.

Greetings

Last edited by Kekskrümel : 11-26-10 at 05:05 AM. Reason: URL
11-26-10, 12:21 PM   #36
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Originally Posted by muncher22 View Post
Hey I have recently come back to WoW and I used to run alekk's UI it was the best one I had used, I am trying to get it up and running, I see you guys are putting a bunch of work to get it back to its former glory.

I downloaded the 1920x1080 pack, followed the instructions, manually updated to 1.5.4 of oUF, did a update for a few mods with WoWmatrix (it only found a handfull). Then updated to Moons new alekkui.lua.

Now when I log in, I have standard unit frames, no action bars, ?standard buff frames?, standard chat window, everything else seems to be functioning as I remember however the main parts of the UI seem to have disappeared.

Any help would be appreciated.
Well, my update is only of the oUF layout, anything else related to alekk's ui is out of my hands. On a note : You list as alekkui.lua , but the ouf portion is called oUF_alekk.lua, so it is possible you overwrote the wrong file.

Also, if only a handful addons updated, I think you're missing most updates. And it is very possible the configs changed. I do believe someone did a fan update of alekk's ui on here.

Last edited by MoonWitch : 11-26-10 at 12:30 PM.
11-27-10, 03:23 PM   #37
okkeit
A Kobold Labourer
Ok i have some questions , i download the file .lua and updated it , finally ouf_alecks started to show our health\mana pools correctly but its also showing me a casting bar and a buff bar .
Can u make an option to disable the buff \ cast bar? atm im using Bison to showing buffs and debuffs , the way this went updated i get 2 buff bars over eatch other.
Dunno if anyone is experiencing the same problems or if i did anything wrong .
Other thing i have been noticing is when i join a party or raid my game starts to break . ok after some testing this issue is only hapening on my deathknight i can play fine with my mage or paladin , what can it be? any one have some tips?
My fps are always around 60\70 but the game is having huges breaks always and always , when i disable ouf and ouf_alecks the game runs smooth again .
Id apreciate any help tks

Last edited by okkeit : 11-27-10 at 05:00 PM. Reason: added some text into content
11-28-10, 05:43 AM   #38
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Originally Posted by okkeit View Post
Ok i have some questions , i download the file .lua and updated it , finally ouf_alecks started to show our health\mana pools correctly but its also showing me a casting bar and a buff bar .
Can u make an option to disable the buff \ cast bar? atm im using Bison to showing buffs and debuffs , the way this went updated i get 2 buff bars over eatch other.
Dunno if anyone is experiencing the same problems or if i did anything wrong .
Other thing i have been noticing is when i join a party or raid my game starts to break . ok after some testing this issue is only hapening on my deathknight i can play fine with my mage or paladin , what can it be? any one have some tips?
My fps are always around 60\70 but the game is having huges breaks always and always , when i disable ouf and ouf_alecks the game runs smooth again .
Id apreciate any help tks
Yes, I can solve that problem.

DK issue : The runebar is NOT correctly implemented yet.

On buffs : Remove the the Auras part under the unit specific part of player. But I'll add a marker so you can set tBuffs to false to disable buffs (This will disable ALL buffs and debuffs on EVERY frame.)

On castbar : In the beginning of the lua file, you set tCastbar to false. And you will not have castbars.

The reason you have 2 buff sets going on, is because of bison and the setup in oUF_alekk. oUF_alekk is in its original form, or rather in a partially updated form right now. So this is essentially something I'm adding to the layout so you can use Bison without issues. Anyhow, it's added.

As far as the FPS drop, I can't test it just yet before the layout is finished. Once the layout is as it should be, I can test it without any addons enabled.

Last edited by MoonWitch : 11-28-10 at 06:01 AM.
11-28-10, 10:52 AM   #39
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Current status :
- Soulshards, holypower, runebar implemented
- fixed bug on health text not updating correctly
- NOT done : buffs (including bufftimers) and border color on elite status.

So now my question is :
Do you guys want an eclipsebar implemented too or not?

Last edited by MoonWitch : 11-28-10 at 10:54 AM.
11-28-10, 11:01 AM   #40
Kekskrümel
An Aku'mai Servant
Hi,

thx for the update.

If the Eclipse Bar isn't too much work, it would be nice

Thx

Greetings

Nils

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » oUF_alekk - searching someone to update the ui for an donation