09-20-14, 12:27 AM   #1
Lightbound
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[TBD UI] From the Shapes into the Game! [v. 0.0.0]

# Project Name: TBD [To be definied]
# Project Version: 0.0.0 (in concept stage)
# Project Developer: Lightbound
# Project start: 20.09.2014
# Project release: -

Introduction

Hello Wowinterface-Community, UI-Enthusiasts, randome People, googel'ing for UI stuff while server maintenance and Searchengine-Bots!

My name is Fabi and i thought it would be a great idea to somehow documentate my steps with the UI here on wowinterface.com to stay close to the WoW-Community and provide myself a thread filled with memorys!.

This thread will basicly contain concept art, some blogging about whats happening with the UI and beside that we will properly have some nice discussions about the UI, can share some throughts and it would totaly lovely to get intouch with some nice people to work on the UI together!

Concept-Art

Here ill upload the latest, best presenting concept art pictures. After all the art is done, here you'll find 5 realy tasty pictures of the UI.

Expandable Chatframe will allow to keep the UI as clean as possible if you dont need it.

Example of the Chatframe if expanded. Default tab color will be class-color. White tab is the selected one. Yellow (properly will become orange) tab shows that there is some party in it you are missing.
The Chat typing frame is on the top of the chat and will hide the chat tabs. The two expanders will allow to expand some stuff. One of these will properly be Skada. The Otherone is so far undefined. The compressor will hide the chat frame to make it again look like in pic. 1.

from 20.09.2014

Last edited by Lightbound : 09-20-14 at 10:18 AM.
09-20-14, 10:33 AM   #2
Lightbound
An Aku'mai Servant

Hey!

Today i wrote a bunch of messages to a lot of addon authors to ask them if i may can use there work as a part of the UI by default so that i can modify some of them and make everything look good and work smooth together.

After some sleep i went back on lovely Photoshop and continued my work on the UI-Shapes.

I got something to show you (:

I did add some Info bars to the bottom left and right. From the left to the right they contain:

- Guild-Members (Online | Amount)
- New messages in WIM
- WoW-Friends (Online | Amount) - B.Net Friends (Online | Amount)
- Clock
- Mail
- Calendar (with amount of invites)
- FPS
Since the left side is more like a social bar i decided to add communication to it.

In the open Chat nothing realy changed. Just added a preview of text into it to get a clue how text will look in that size of a chat window.

Now, the first thing i want to talk about is how unlucky i am with the "Info-Panel" border in the Chatframe. If you compare the change of the bottom right Info panel with them on the bottom left you will note that the border from the beginning went away. If you want to compare them perfectly just check the last picture of this post. It will contain a full opened bar frame with the same hight than the chat frame.

I could add these inner borders to the Skill-Frame but i actually like the look of it if its enlarged. So we have at least something to talk about

2 Bar's Skill-Frame

3 Bar's Skill-Frame

4 Bar's Skill-Frame

5 Bar's Full enlarged Skill-Frame.

Im also unhappy with the button to enlarge the Skill-Frames so i properly will put them on the right hand side of the compress button like on the chat frame.

Last edited by Lightbound : 09-20-14 at 10:42 AM.
10-22-14, 06:25 AM   #3
Saintvallen
An Aku'mai Servant
Incredible

This looks so good! I am looking forward to your idea of the unit frames!

I especially like the actionbars idea - I could easily see how I would use it.
On the Fifth bar(the last shown) I would have my default spells that I use for rotation.
Fourth bar all the not so friquently used spells

I would have them as the last shown since I would only need to see them if i'm changing around the spells.

Number 1 would be most used items OR used as a bar for spells on cooldown (Would eliminate the use for an extra addon or two since now we have build in cooldown timers on actionbars).

two and three would just be utility stuff.
10-23-14, 12:18 AM   #4
Saintvallen
An Aku'mai Servant
I was thnking something about the expand buttons.
Can they be programmed to Work with "pull" - as in, i will pull the button up and expand one bar at the time, then snap into the correct height when you Loose the mouseclick.
10-23-14, 09:04 AM   #5
syncrow
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Saintvallen View Post
I was thnking something about the expand buttons.
Can they be programmed to Work with "pull" - as in, i will pull the button up and expand one bar at the time, then snap into the correct height when you Loose the mouseclick.
should be possible with drag widget
12-23-14, 07:00 AM   #6
Saintvallen
An Aku'mai Servant
Did you abandon this project? I was so pumped for it!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » [TBD UI] From the Shapes into the Game! [v. 0.0.0]