Quantcast Docked minimap flicker - WoWInterface
Thread Tools Display Modes
08-05-18, 12:10 AM   #1
jpsgaming
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 17
Docked minimap flicker

Whenever I go indoors and the minimap docks for indoors it is flickering real bad. I cant really take a screenshot since its just flickering/flashing real fast.

The icons are solid on the docked minimap just the floor/map textures on the docked map flicker.
  Reply With Quote
08-06-18, 04:11 AM   #2
ircdirk
A Molten Giant
 
ircdirk's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 654
Originally Posted by jpsgaming View Post
Whenever I go indoors and the minimap docks for indoors it is flickering real bad. I cant really take a screenshot since its just flickering/flashing real fast.

The icons are solid on the docked minimap just the floor/map textures on the docked map flicker.
No problems on my side. Disable all addons except Carbonite Main module Maps and check again. Use latest Alpha release.
  Reply With Quote
08-07-18, 12:15 PM   #3
jpsgaming
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
No problems on my side. Disable all addons except Carbonite Main module Maps and check again. Use latest Alpha release.
All addons except for carbonite was disabled.

It looks like its trying to display different floors/layers? on the docked minimap when indoors so they are flickering real fast between each other.

I got a screenshot showing the floor im on has flickered out but something upstairs or downstairs is showing. It flickers between these real fast.

Hope that makes sense.

Here is a pic.

https://imgur.com/a/qFOEyVo
  Reply With Quote
08-07-18, 12:18 PM   #4
jpsgaming
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by jpsgaming View Post
All addons except for carbonite was disabled.

It looks like its trying to display different floors/layers? on the docked minimap when indoors so they are flickering real fast between each other.

I got a screenshot showing the floor im on has flickered out but something upstairs or downstairs is showing. It flickers between these real fast.

Hope that makes sense.

Here is a pic.

https://imgur.com/a/qFOEyVo
Oh yeh I also disabled the carbonite quest addon after that pic. It did the same, only thing running was maps.


It also does it only indoors. If the map is docked outside its fine.
  Reply With Quote
08-07-18, 12:33 PM   #5
ircdirk
A Molten Giant
 
ircdirk's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 654
Originally Posted by jpsgaming View Post
Oh yeh I also disabled the carbonite quest addon after that pic. It did the same, only thing running was maps.


It also does it only indoors. If the map is docked outside its fine.
Cant simulate this... sorry it doesnt appear on my side. Where are u when this happens? Which zone?
  Reply With Quote
08-07-18, 12:59 PM   #6
jpsgaming
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Cant simulate this... sorry it doesnt appear on my side. Where are u when this happens? Which zone?
Hey there thanks for the quick response. It is happening in any zone or dungeon.

Only indoor areas. Its like its trying to show each level of an indoor area at once. Or they are bouncing back and forth.

Right now Im in Grommash hold. It flashes when im in the center by Saurfang. However if I walk to the divider between the main room and the little hallway to the entrance it stops. Then when I enter that hallway it starts again.

Man this is confusing lol.

Also tried a new profile and uninstalling it.

Running latest Alpha
  Reply With Quote
Yesterday, 05:23 PM   #7
jpsgaming
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 17
I figured this out after some research.

Its Nvidias fault with SLI enabled.

I changed it to Force Alternate Frame Rendering 1 (Turning it off works as well) and the minimap flicker goes away.
  Reply With Quote

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Docked minimap flicker

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off