10-28-08, 07:24 PM   #1401
Gaidinward
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Emailed you the file requested.

10-29-08, 09:02 AM   #1402
saintly
A Kobold Labourer
Need help

I love this ui, it works on my laptop but when i downloaded it on my desktop and extracted it into wow add ons it doesnt work. When i log into wow it doesnt show it in my add ons or anything. My laptop has windows xp and desktop has vista altho i really dont think this would have anything to do with it. I tried deleting and reinstalling it and still nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions to get it working?

10-29-08, 09:56 AM   #1403
Gaidinward
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Vista handles files differently. You have to put addons in the user section.

I want to say its Public/Games/world of warcraft or something along those lines. I don't have a vista machine in my office here at work. I will look when I get near a vista machine.

I also found this, it appears some get it to work one way and other another way. Check out this post.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...43117746&sid=1

Edited as my origional file path was incorrect.

Last edited by Gaidinward : 10-29-08 at 10:09 AM.

10-29-08, 03:33 PM   #1404
Jeval
A Murloc Raider
So far great UI. The work you have done is amazing.

Here are a few things I have noticed. The cast bar seems to get out of sync very easily. Even to the point of not showing a cast at all even though the spell still goes off. It seems to be caused by latency. Small lag spikes seem to be affecting the way the cast bar works. I am not sure if this is a Blizzard issue or a UI issue yet. I need to put more testing in for a conclusive result.

Second thing I have noticed. Not really a problem but an anomaly. I am getting a very strange texture in the background of the bottom console. I will try to attach a screen shot so you can see it. I have tried reloading the UI and restarting the client. The strange thing is that it moves. Sometimes it is there once. Sometimes there are two of the boxes. They change locations. I run in 1920 x1200 (wide) resolution. Haven't changed the UI scale which is on the lowest setting. I have no idea what is causing it. I am on version 3.0.3 right now. Any tips?

Thanks again for all the amazing work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_102908_142934.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	309.6 KB
ID:	2011  

10-29-08, 03:43 PM   #1405
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Jeval View Post
So far great UI. The work you have done is amazing.

Here are a few things I have noticed. The cast bar seems to get out of sync very easily. Even to the point of not showing a cast at all even though the spell still goes off. It seems to be caused by latency. Small lag spikes seem to be affecting the way the cast bar works. I am not sure if this is a Blizzard issue or a UI issue yet. I need to put more testing in for a conclusive result.

Second thing I have noticed. Not really a problem but an anomaly. I am getting a very strange texture in the background of the bottom console. I will try to attach a screen shot so you can see it. I have tried reloading the UI and restarting the client. The strange thing is that it moves. Sometimes it is there once. Sometimes there are two of the boxes. They change locations. I run in 1920 x1200 (wide) resolution. Haven't changed the UI scale which is on the lowest setting. I have no idea what is causing it. I am on version 3.0.3 right now. Any tips?

Thanks again for all the amazing work.
I am aware there's an issue in the castbar that started with the 3.0.2 went live. I'm not certain of the cause yet, but it appears to be a change in how Bliz is firing casting events. I'm looking into it, but no ETA on a fix as I have yet to have even figured out exactly what is causing it.

As for the graphic issue... that looks to me like another mod... maybe FuBar or Titan? None of those textures belong to nUI, I do know that much and the ones at the top left, top right and bottom right of center all appear to be the same texture to me. Suggestion: try turned off all mods but nUI and see if it's still there... if so, then for some reason we have a texture that's blowing up on your machine. Otherwise, enable mods one at a time until the texture comes back and we'll know which mod it is... then we can figure out why.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

10-29-08, 03:47 PM   #1406
noggin
A Defias Bandit
Talking

Great mod. Very clean and powerful, and I love the rotating right-side area with recount and omen, etc.

The only real problem I'm having is that the rested XP overflows the XP bar on the left side far enough to overlap the left two-column button bar.

Also, the very left two slots single-row button bar on the far right side seem to have an invisible object in front of them and I have to click the very far left side of the first icon or the very far right side of the second icon. It's easy to work around that and not put anything in them that requires constant attention, but I thought I'd mention it.

Again, excellent work. I only found it last night though, so I'll be searching to see if you've created alternative skins and where the config UI is, if any. Is there a waterfall config UI or something? The slash commands are okay, but don't offer all the customization I'd like.

Edit: It'd be nice to have a hotkey-setting dialog like bartender4 has, where you activate hotkey setting, then mouseover bar slots and hit the key you want to assign.

Last edited by noggin : 10-29-08 at 03:49 PM.

10-29-08, 04:48 PM   #1407
Jeval
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
I am aware there's an issue in the castbar that started with the 3.0.2 went live. I'm not certain of the cause yet, but it appears to be a change in how Bliz is firing casting events. I'm looking into it, but no ETA on a fix as I have yet to have even figured out exactly what is causing it.

As for the graphic issue... that looks to me like another mod... maybe FuBar or Titan? None of those textures belong to nUI, I do know that much and the ones at the top left, top right and bottom right of center all appear to be the same texture to me. Suggestion: try turned off all mods but nUI and see if it's still there... if so, then for some reason we have a texture that's blowing up on your machine. Otherwise, enable mods one at a time until the texture comes back and we'll know which mod it is... then we can figure out why.

That is exactly what it was. Thanks. I use the curse client to keep my addons up to date but it seems to be doing some funny things and actually installed a n addon i didnt have before and didnt ask for. All fixed now though.. Thanks.

10-29-08, 04:56 PM   #1408
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by saintly View Post
I love this ui, it works on my laptop but when i downloaded it on my desktop and extracted it into wow add ons it doesnt work. When i log into wow it doesnt show it in my add ons or anything. My laptop has windows xp and desktop has vista altho i really dont think this would have anything to do with it. I tried deleting and reinstalling it and still nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions to get it working?

The bridge patch moved the game for Vista users. Check in C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft

10-29-08, 06:32 PM   #1409
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation nUI Beta 4 -- 4.00.00 (Alpha) -- first WotLK closed test period release

As promised,the first WotLK compatible release of nUI Beta 4 has just been e-mailed to all nUI supporters and language translators… and it is, obviously, incomplete. However, it should be playable on the WotLK test realm and absolutely *is* backward compatible with the current live realms… so, you can use this release in both places. It contains all of the Beta 3 code, features and fixes to date in addition to new WotLK specific features. Please review the Patch Notes (below) to see what has been included and what has not and what remains to be done.

Should you encounter any errors with this release, or discover WotLK features and abilities that nUI Beta 4 is either not handling, not managing and you think it should or should you find any bugs not already in the patch notes on either the WotLK test realm *or* the public realms, please let me know. You can post bug reports and feature requests on the main nUI support forum board at http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...d.php?p=107376 or on any of the nUI comment boards if you cannot access the WoWInterface forum (it is free) or you can e-mail me directly. I would ask that you make note of the fact that your bug report is for Beta 4 when you post it so I know where I’m supposed to be looking.

To nUI’s language translators… at this time I have the updated British (King’s English), French, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese localization files included in this patch. I am still waiting for the Spanish and German localization files. Marcel and Carlos… if you have already begun work on your localization files, you can copy them over the ones that come in this update to test with them… you’ll find the files in Interface\AddOns\nUI\Main – please do e-mail me your files as soon as you can. In addition, I would ask *all* translators to please pay very close attention to all of the translations, tooltips, buttons, chat messages, slash command instructions, etc. as you play. If you spot any translations that are missing or any translation errors, you can edit the localization files that are included in this update (or any future update) directly to see if your fix works as you expect and then just e-mail me the updated file… I’ll make sure it’s included in the next update I do. I would like to try and have the localizations pretty well nailed down by the time WotLK goes live on November 13th.

Please note: This is a closed test period release and is *NOT* available for public download. This version is available via direct e-mail to nUI supporters and language translators only. WotLK compatible nUI Beta 4 will be released for public download on November 13th when Wrath of the Lich King goes live. nUI Beta 4 *is* backward compatible with the existing WoW public servers, as well. Those who have Beta 4 already installed on their systems as a result of participating in the closed test period will *NOT* need to download the public release on the 13th, it will be e-mailed to you directly.

As always, I thank you all or you for your support, your feedback and your help in testing.

How you can help support nUI's continued development: I am currently trying to recover from 14 months of unemployment and with over $20,000 in debt (unpaid mortgage payments, loans, etc.), every penny makes a serious difference. Your contribution of $5, $10, $20 or more to support the ongoing development of nUI would be greatly appreciated. Click here to make a donation now, please?!

Lastly, please vote for nUI and add it to your favorites list... it helps nUI get more exposure. Thanks for your support!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known Issues:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Fix Bliz beta feedback button in button bag

* Add management of the Bliz RuneFrame for DeathKnights

* Add vehicle frame/mode integration to the dashboard

* Spec browsing is returning unreliable results

* Right clicking a unit frame and selecting "set focus" taints in combat == this is
a known WoW 3.0.2 bug and beyond nUI's control

* Click-casting buttons 4 and 5 do not work on unit frames == check to ensure that
your mouse driver is sending button clicks and not key presses... the latter are
not compatible with WoW and click-casting

* Ready check icons are not working in unit frames

* Enabling the "Use UI Scale" option in the Bliz video configuration menu blows up
nUI's layout and scaling. For now... just uncheck this option until I can fix it.

* Carbonite is having issues updating the directional arrow when the minimap and/or
battlefield minimap is hidden in the info panel

* Poison Pouch mod minimap button is missed by button bag

* Alpha Map minimap button is not scaling correctly in button bag

* Titan Panel is causing an error when the bottom bar is enabled

* Titan panel mouseover tooltips are not compatible with nUI's fixed position
tooltip option

To-Do List / Planned features

* Add a slash command toggle for enabling and disabling nUI management of the minimap

* Move the default location of the party loot popup... it inteferes with the dashboard

* The 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid panels are not in the pre-release... both because I am
not quite satisfied with them and, again, I'm trying to not have to fix everything at
once... make sure the core stuff is all working, then add the bells and whistles if
you understand.

* Add Threat Bar back

* Add sorting of raid unit frames by raid group and class

* Add font size options for Chat and Combat log frames

* Add totem timers

* Add keybindings for button bag, unit panel, info panel and hud layout buttons

* Add bongos style keybinding feature to action buttons

* Add automatic unit panel switching for raids/parties, etc. (and an override option)

* Add audio cues for cooldowns, cc breaks, etc.

* Add DruidManaBar type functionality to unit frames

* Add 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 unit frame panels for arena play

* Add Proximo functionality to unit frames for arena unit panels

* Add durability, wardrobe manager, ammo tracker and gold tracker to console buttons

* Add autobar style support for quest items, food/drink/pots, mounts, vanity pets

* Add option to set location precision to zero decimal places on coordinate display

* Add target marking tool a la LuckyCharms

* Add a swing timer

Version 4.00.00 (Alpha)

* Ported Beta 3 to WotLK

* Adjusted XP required to level for levels 60-70

* Added XP required to level for levels 71-80

* Added Death Knight class to unit frames

* Added Runes and RunicPower to supported power bar types

* Modified player and target health and power bars to provide smooth realtime updating

* Added support for in-game clock and alarm to the location panel in the center of the
dashboard. Mouseover the location/clock panel and click to access clock settings and
the in-game alarm

* Changed clock on dashboard to display local time only. Mouse over the location/clock
panel to see the current server time

* Removed support for MobInfo2

* Updated British localization files (thank you Noble8)

* Updated Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese localization files (thank you Ian)

* Updated French localization files (thank you Khisanth)

10-29-08, 06:58 PM   #1410
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation Looking for English to Russian and Korean translators...

If there are any nUI users out there who can accurately translate English to Russian or Korean and would like to help me localize nUI for either language, please e-mail me at [email protected]

Last edited by spiel2001 : 10-29-08 at 07:06 PM.

10-29-08, 07:05 PM   #1411
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Alpha 4.0 buttonbag

Spiel,

I dont know what is causing the issue, but when i installed the latest alpha 4.0 on the live 3.0.2 servers, the minimap button bag was not there. So something broke the minimap button bag code. ill look around ans see what i can find. thanks

10-29-08, 07:32 PM   #1412
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by mscott998 View Post
Spiel,

I dont know what is causing the issue, but when i installed the latest alpha 4.0 on the live 3.0.2 servers, the minimap button bag was not there. So something broke the minimap button bag code. ill look around ans see what i can find. thanks
Mscott -- thanks for catching that so quickly... bone headed fat-finger error.

I just e-mailed a fix to everyone.

10-29-08, 07:35 PM   #1413
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
With screens and screens of code there are only easily missed errors. Boneheaded fat finger errors only happen when you type two sentences or less.

Jungle

10-29-08, 07:36 PM   #1414
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
any time glad to be of help

10-29-08, 07:59 PM   #1415
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
alpha 4.0

ok in 4.0 im still having an issue with the target of the top right unitframe. not showing up when in party setup.

also, and please dont shoot me, is there a way to set the time in the center of the frame to show server rather than local or an option to show both again?
maybe a clock option that we can set to local, server or both?

i have a duel monitor set up and guess im too picky :-) thanks man

Edit:
The clock isnt showing 24 hour format, on the panel when selected but does in the tool tip and the options window.

Last edited by mscott998 : 10-29-08 at 08:04 PM.

10-30-08, 11:24 AM   #1416
Gaidinward
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

There are so many pages, its hard to find anything :P

I remember seeing something about OMEN threat meter being able to go into the rotation of the map/minimap/combatlog area on the right.

Is that right? What other mods can be put there? Is there a healer mod out there that healers can put into that frame?

10-30-08, 11:59 AM   #1417
mnoodle
A Murloc Raider
Omen/Recount

I have not gone through all the posts but is there a way to put Omen and Recount side by side in the lower right hand window?

10-30-08, 12:41 PM   #1418
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by mnoodle View Post
I have not gone through all the posts but is there a way to put Omen and Recount side by side in the lower right hand window?
Nope - Spiel said this won't be happening... There was a long discussion about this a while ago in this forum... Don't remember where, but it's here nonetheless.

Sorry mate - you're out of luck.

10-30-08, 01:48 PM   #1419
Gaidinward
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

So Omen and Recount can be put in the bottom panel apparently. Is there any configuration I need to do for this, or just install the addons as I would any other and they show up there?

10-30-08, 02:13 PM   #1420
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Gaidinward View Post
So Omen and Recount can be put in the bottom panel apparently. Is there any configuration I need to do for this, or just install the addons as I would any other and they show up there?
Just install them and you're done

And at some point in the future, after WotLK is out, I'll offer two alternative optional nUI addons you can download to either (a) put Omen3 and Recount in the same panel side by side or (b) to offer the Beta 1 feature where Omen displayed while you were in combat and Recount displayed when you are out of combat.

It is correct that I orignally stated it could not be done in the new Info Panel format. However, because of the changes Bliz made in how they handle secure frames for WotLK, it is now possible to do it... so it will be back... eventually ~smile~

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement