02-04-07, 06:17 PM   #1061
Older
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Lyc
nicely said, i vote we put this quote on every other post till its release.

Perhaps it should be on the front page. Would stop a lot of this.

The front page post is not clear that this is in closed beta.

Remember this is in the "Released interfaces and scripts" area not the beta area

02-04-07, 06:37 PM   #1062
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Mechrior
Same I found the faw's to be one of the most amazing parts of the entire interface.
this is true. i quite enjoyed reading this .75 ones :P

02-04-07, 09:42 PM   #1063
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Older
Perhaps it should be on the front page. Would stop a lot of this.

The front page post is not clear that this is in closed beta.

Remember this is in the "Released interfaces and scripts" area not the beta area

The reason it's in the released thread is the UI had been released prior to BC/2.0 but having so many changes come required the UI to be re-done. Since this was the main thread for Mazzleui its only fitting it stays in this thread so people have 1 spot to look for updates instead of several ( not that they read all 106 or so pages anyway.. lol ).

02-05-07, 04:32 AM   #1064
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Talking majority vote?

Originally Posted by Kierrkian
( not that they read all 106 or so pages anyway.. lol ).
Not true..... I have read everyone with awe and anticipation, anger and elation. my hodge podge UI is loosly based around mazzle as i remember it, but I dearly miss the hotspots and the functionality. plus having around 130 addons is memory intensive! Not to mention setup times after a major patch or a user error! lol! lol!
But some of them i couldnt do without now. things like eavsdrop, clique, autobar, Tbag, and one of the best is tinytip cause I HATE having tooltips in the bloody corners, I like them to be where im looking. In between trying to learn LUA 5 to code a mod to show loot like the blizz chat frame but without the "you recieve loot" prefix and actually lvl'ing i check here maybe 8 or 9 times a day when i open FF just to see who is around and who has posted anything interesting. I know this is a forum for the proposition of information relating to MazzleUI but it seems to have also become a common place for people interested in the development and proliferation of the UI as well.
Well thats my 2p for the day unless someone wants more! lol

Have fun and play nice!

02-05-07, 07:31 AM   #1065
Older
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Kierrkian
The reason it's in the released thread is the UI had been released prior to BC/2.0 but having so many changes come required the UI to be re-done.

It is not released and is in closed beta should be back in that section of the forums I believe.

02-05-07, 09:23 AM   #1066
Sentius
A Murloc Raider
Wow! I have been gone for a few days, had to read through 5 pages! That's what I get for taking the weekend off... LoL

Great Work Mazz! I'm so excited that the release is getting closer or at least that is the impression I get from your previous posts. I hope you love BC, I know I am! 62 Frost Mage and growing stronger every day!! Keep up the good work and hope it all turns out well.

Thanks once again to 'most' everyone for being so patient, and to the Beta testers for helping out... You guys Rock! Anyone on BlackWater Raiders? I'd love to meet up with some Alliance if you are??? (Not sure if I am allowed to ask, but hey!)

Cheers to you all, and Mazz... First drink is on me!

Sentius

02-05-07, 10:33 AM   #1067
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's awesome news. I know I for one am stoked to give it a try. Since it's pretty much done, I have two questions that I'm curious about (that I think I asked a looong time ago that the answer may have changed on a few times).

1) I play on a laptop and a PC. Both will use similar aspect ratios, but different resolutions. Will the button layouts differ between them, or are the space constraints redone in a way that only affects the frames and other client-side settings? I ask because button information is stored server-side and I'd have to maybe Mazzify each time I went between them (i.e. maybe at 1920x1200 there's room for three rows of 15 buttons, but at 1280x800, there's only room for three rows of 10 buttons).

2) Do the raid frames (and party frames) prominently display debuffs? And if so, are they click-curable, as well as being able to show only debuffs you can cure?

Again, many thanks for all the work. I can't believe how involved those changelogs are. I don't know how you've had the patience to not play TBC yet :P

*Edit for clarity

Last edited by Arkive : 02-05-07 at 11:36 AM.

02-05-07, 10:58 AM   #1068
Shiny <3
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

MAZZLE

Any chance of a screenshot of the beta interface so we can see how its changed or not changed from v7.5

ty

Yours Shiny

02-05-07, 12:05 PM   #1069
Pylades
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Shiny &lt View Post
Any chance of a screenshot of the beta interface so we can see how its changed or not changed from v7.5
Mazzle has previously posted somewhere in this thread (I'm not going to wade through all 108 pages to find it, but you're welcome to if you'd like!) that it pretty much looks the same as it used to.

02-05-07, 12:09 PM   #1070
Shiny <3
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

*starts wading through pages xD*

02-05-07, 12:55 PM   #1071
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Arkive
1) I play on a laptop and a PC. Both will use similar aspect ratios, but different resolutions. Will the button layouts differ between them, or are the space constraints redone in a way that only affects the frames and other client-side settings? I ask because button information is stored server-side and I'd have to maybe Mazzify each time I went between them (i.e. maybe at 1920x1200 there's room for three rows of 15 buttons, but at 1280x800, there's only room for three rows of 10 buttons).
If they're the same aspect ratio, they'll be exactly the same and you won't have to re-do them. Even if they're not, I made a point of maintaining action ID mapping between different versions of the same layouts, so it shouldn't be a problem.

The only layouts that may not follow this are the simple layouts. I didn't care about the action IDs with those since they don't place actions in the buttons.

2) Do the raid frames (and party frames) prominently display debuffs? And if so, are they click-curable, as well as being able to show only debuffs you can cure?
It uses sRaidframes and DUF.

Again, many thanks for all the work. I can't believe how involved those changelogs are. I don't know how you've had the patience to not play TBC yet :P
Yeah, I spend a truly absurd amount of time on this thing, but I am finally starting to play BC now. Anyway, I think this version is much better than the 0.75 one. I had to revamp anyway, so I rewrote tons of stuff and added a bunch of new features.

02-05-07, 02:18 PM   #1072
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
If they're the same aspect ratio, they'll be exactly the same and you won't have to re-do them. Even if they're not, I made a point of maintaining action ID mapping between different versions of the same layouts, so it shouldn't be a problem.

The only layouts that may not follow this are the simple layouts. I didn't care about the action IDs with those since they don't place actions in the buttons.

It uses sRaidframes and DUF.

Yeah, I spend a truly absurd amount of time on this thing, but I am finally starting to play BC now. Anyway, I think this version is much better than the 0.75 one. I had to revamp anyway, so I rewrote tons of stuff and added a bunch of new features.
Well, after your response on aspect ratios and reading up on sRaidFrames, I can safely say that all my concerns are squashed. I now sit here waiting patiently...

...ever so patiently.

Ok, maybe not.

02-05-07, 02:55 PM   #1073
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Unfortunatly Patience is a virtue that none of us have on this forum ... no matter how many times we say it

02-05-07, 03:17 PM   #1074
Mizer18
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

How do I go about donating so the Mazzle UI can come out faster or somethin, lolz

02-05-07, 03:23 PM   #1075
akeroo
A Murloc Raider
To the forum admin:

When MazzleUI comes out can you please lock this thread and create a new one.

02-05-07, 03:25 PM   #1076
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Obviously.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

02-05-07, 03:44 PM   #1077
Arkaneus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

People when you come to the forums, before you start asking questions that have 10:1 been asked at least 15 times before you, you need to go through and read the last 100 + pages of the Threads that have been posted. To get the information to make donations, all you had to do was actually look at the very first post for this forum.

If you'd like to make a donation to support the absurd amount of effort spent on this project, you can send it to [email protected] via www.paypal.com.

Now, lets not keep asking the same questions over and over again. If you dont want to read each post for the last year, then use the "find" feature located at the top of the page. That is what it is there for.

Has the world become that un-educated, that we cannot use the tools provided to make life easier, and to not constantly hound the programmers with the same questions?

Cannot the kingdom of Salvation take me home."

02-05-07, 03:58 PM   #1078
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Arkaneus
Has the world become that un-educated, that we cannot use the tools provided to make life easier, and to not constantly hound the programmers with the same questions?
Short answer: Yes.

02-05-07, 08:51 PM   #1079
Pinger
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Aygen
Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

02-06-07, 01:55 AM   #1080
Lilinallte
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Arkaneus
Going by the amount of 'players' in game that also think 'asking' (read: nagging) is faster than reading the f'ing manual of visiting the f'ing website, I have to aggree with a full-hearted YES

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI