06-28-09, 12:28 AM   #21
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just got my Paladin to 28 this morning and noticed something odd to compound the Judgement cooldowns, lol. Apparently, Judgement of Justice shows correctly on the mob. The other two Judgements are the only ones that do not.

Screenies attached

***EDIT*** Just so you know, at least for Paladin spells, commenting out line 1219 in nUI_Button.lua does enable the other Judgements to display debuff timers correctly. No clue what removing that does to other classes if anything though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_062809_022131.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	485.6 KB
ID:	2991  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_062809_022140.jpg
Views:	631
Size:	485.2 KB
ID:	2992  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_062809_022147.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	496.9 KB
ID:	2993  

Last edited by Vis : 06-28-09 at 12:43 AM.

06-28-09, 07:01 AM   #22
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Alrighty... I had already commented out on place where I was testing rank, I just missed that one. The issue, apparently, is that the spell does not have a rank in the spellbook, but reports a rank when it is cast on a target.

I've removed the rank test you pointed out and will have that in tonight's update. For the record, the consequence of that is that if the player has the same spell on their action bar more than once, at two different ranks, both will show they are active on the target rather than only the one that is of the correct rank... which really isn't that big a deal or likely to be that common of a bar setup.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-18-09, 09:51 AM   #23
trued_2
A Defias Bandit

i have noticed that this addon causes a similar issue. I discovered that it show the count down time for the debuff to end and following that, it may show the cool down time. i noticed that it olny does it to my judgment of wisdom. ive also noticed that when the addon is active it does not show up in FuBar either, while nUI is active

08-18-09, 09:58 AM   #24
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure I follow you here... it *should* show you the count down time for the debuff that's cast on the target and once the debuff time is expired and if there is still cooldown time remaining, then it should show you the remaining cooldown time. That would be normal behavior.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-18-09, 10:29 AM   #25
trued_2
A Defias Bandit

here is a series of screen shots of normal behavior as it occurs to me
order (last 3 #'s) 605 609 612

it would apear that pallypowerinfo is not the problem. mabey my comp is just just causing the display to lag

Last edited by trued_2 : 05-05-10 at 09:08 PM.

08-18-09, 05:38 PM   #26
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

From your screenshot's, all appears to be working properly.

Pic 1: JoW was cast, all Judgement spells on cooldown, all buttons faded out, same cooldown time remaining on all 3 Judgement icons.

Pic 2: Judgements are off cooldown, not faded anymore, JoW Is applied to Target, so shows remaining debuff time on the Bar Icon for that spell only and remains slightly faded.

Pic 3: Same thing as pic 2.

In your screenshot's, specifically the difference between pic 1 and pic 2, you see a difference of color on the 3 dots across your JoW Icon. That change in color tells you that the spell is off cooldown, but, the debuff is still applied to the mob. And the reason you only see 3 dots across the button and not the actual time remaining is that the scale is too small to fit 10s (from the 2nd screenshot).

08-18-09, 09:51 PM   #27
trued_2
A Defias Bandit

ok, i see what you're saying, however did u notice that when comparing Jow with JoL (on lower left bar) that JoW is dimmed and not lit up as it is in JoL in pic3?

Last edited by trued_2 : 08-18-09 at 09:53 PM.

08-19-09, 05:44 AM   #28
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by trued_2 View Post
ok, i see what you're saying, however did u notice that when comparing Jow with JoL (on lower left bar) that JoW is dimmed and not lit up as it is in JoL in pic3?
Yes I did notice that. JoW is still faded to show that the spell has been cast on the target, the timer is indicating how much time is remaining on the debuff portion. The text color change is what is indicating that the spell can be cast again in this case. As for JoL and JoJ, they are not dimmed for 2 reasons. One, neither of those spells are on cooldown, and two, neither of those spell debuffs are cast on your current target.

Something to keep in mind with Paladin Judgements, We have 3 separate ones. JoW, JoL, JoJ each cast a debuff onto the target with the same name as the Judgement spell you cast. Cast JoL, mob gets a deduff named "Judgement of Light".

Every cast of Judgement (any of them) will trigger the global Judgement spell cooldown, in your case, 8 seconds between the ability to cast another Judgement. That is why all three Judgements are shown dimmed in your first pic. Once the global Judgement cooldown is up, only the one that is debuffing your target will remain faded with a cooldown of the debuff showing.

You can see how it all works and that it will change by casting a different Judgement every 10-15 seconds. Watch your bars and you'll see how they all relate

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Cooldown/debuff timers