Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
11-25-16, 10:25 PM   #1
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
LibCandyBar groups and animation

I would like to create groups of bars from LibCandyBar-3.0 but the default API does not have this functionality; presumably I can use metatables to simulate, but as many times as I've read the official docs or other people have asked similar questions, I just can't wrap my head around the concept.

In order to do what I'd like, I think I'd need to sort the bars within the group by duration, but LCB's API doesn't have a GetDuration. It does have a Get, which returns a user key, but I don't know if this is the same thing.

To further complicate things, the idea of animating the bars sounds appealing, and I sort of grasp Blizzard's animation API. But melding it to the group of bars is breaking my brain to the point where I can't even pseudo-code.

Attached is a picture of SmartRes2's bars, using LibBars-1.0 (which I am trying to replace) to provide an idea of what I want to accomplish, minus the animation because LB1's animation API predates Blizzard's, and thus isn't usable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TestBars.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	8883  

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » LibCandyBar groups and animation