07-27-10, 12:20 PM   #1
sokrman20
A Defias Bandit
Quest Objective Complete Feature Request

I find that if I don't pay close attention to the quest log that I often don't know when I have killed enough mobs or gathered enough of a certain material while questing. MonkeyQuest has the functionality to alert me when I have completed a quest objective but that is the only thing I use MonkeyQuest for. I think this would be a wonderful feature to add to Carbonite and since this is not one of the options that is able to be voted on for a new feature I thought I would add it here.

A snippet of the code used to accomplish this in MonkeyQuest is included below for reference:

if (objectiveComplete == 1 and MonkeyQuestObjectiveTable[currentObjectiveName].complete == nil and MonkeyQuestAllowSounds == true) then
local FactionPlayer = UnitFactionGroup("player")
if (FactionPlayer == "Alliance")then
if (isComplete and isComplete > 0) then
PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Peon\\PeonBuildingComplete1.wav");
else
PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Peasant\\PeasantWhat3.wav");
end
elseif (FactionPlayer == "Horde") then
if (isComplete and isComplete > 0) then
PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Peon\\PeonBuildingComplete1.wav");
else
PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Peasant\\PeasantWhat3.wav");
end
end
end

07-27-10, 03:34 PM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Sorry to break it to you, but Carbonite already has this feature.

In fact, it's had it for as long as I can remember, and I've been using it for around three years I believe.

Besides the chat notification of a completed quest, in the Options, under Quest Sounds, you can set specific WoW sound files to play when a quest is completed.

07-27-10, 05:24 PM   #3
sokrman20
A Defias Bandit
I already know of the quest completed option. I just checked it this morning to make sure the functionality I am referring to had not been implemented before and I missed it. What Carbonite alerts the user to right now is when the entire quest has been completed and not individual quest objectives and the individual quest objectives is what I am referring to.

Here is an example to help illustrate my point.

A kill quest might consist of killing 10 Shamans, 10 Druids and 10 Mages. Currently, Carbonite only alerts you when you have made all 30 kills whereas MonkeyQuest gives the user the option to be alerted when they have killed enough to complete a single objective (10 Mages, 10 Shamans, or 10 Druids) so that you know you can now move on to the next objective. MonkeyQuest also alerts the user when the quest is complete, i.e. all 3 objectives are completed (this is the functionality that is already built into Carbonite and what you are referring to).

07-28-10, 01:36 AM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Ah, all right. Misunderstood you a bit there.

Well, if you are in a group, you can set Carbonite up to alert Party Chat that you've completed an objective ([Party] Jigain says: Shaman slain: 10/10), so I figure that shouldn't be too hard to adapt to be said as a player-only chat message, much like the Carbonite loading messages and the quest complete message.

09-22-10, 03:23 PM   #5
Raederle
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Mik's scrolling battle text does that very well, so I haven't missed it here. If you don't use Miks aready that may not work for you though I highly recommend it. If you do, you just need to turn it on to annouce quest drops.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest Objective Complete Feature Request