07-22-08, 02:27 PM   #181
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
This error seems to have gone away: I think this was because of the resolution. I switched to a wide screen monitor and didn't change the resolution yet. If you know what caused the problem then have at it...but things appear to be fine now.

I got this upon logging in with the newest download:

Date: 2008-07-22 15:25:09
ID: 2
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
<unnamed>:SetScale(): Scale must be > 0
Debug:
[C]: ?
[C]: SetScale()
nUI\Bars\nUI_ButtonBag.lua:347: buttonBagFix()
nUI\nUI.lua:713: enteringWorld()
nUI\nUI.lua:218: onEvent()
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1:
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1
AddOns:
AtlasLoot, vAtlasLoot Enhanced v4.06.01
AucAdvanced, v5.0.PRE.3164
AucFilterBasic, v5.0.PRE.3164 (BillyGoat)
AucStatClassic, v5.0.PRE.3164 (BillyGoat)
AucStatPurchased, v5.0.PRE.3164 (BillyGoat)
AucStatSimple, v5.0.PRE.3164 (BillyGoat)
AucStatStdDev, v5.0.PRE.3164 (BillyGoat)
Auctioneer, v5.0.PRE.3164
BagnonForever, v1.0.0
BagnonTooltips
BeanCounter, v5.0.PRE.3164 (BillyGoat)
Cartographer, vr78746
ChatBar, v2.2
Combuctor, vBeta.1.2
CurseProfiler, v2.0 2008-07-18T22:39:30Z
Enchantrix, v5.0.PRE.3164
enchantrixbarker, v5.0.PRE.3164 (BillyGoat)
EnhTooltip, v5.0.PRE.3164
EquipCompare, v2.12
ErrorMonster, v2
FuBarMailFu, v2.0
GoGoMount, v0002020900
Informant, v5.0.PRE.3164
Ace2
Ace3
MobInfo2, v3.61
nUI, v1.07.00 (beta)
Omen, vOmen r78713 / Threat-2.0 r78412
oRA2, v2.0.$Revision: 70972 $
Postal, v2.1 r74999
Postman, v2.0.53232
RatingBuster, v1.3.8 (r78903)
Recount, v78820
sct, v6.2
SCTCooldowns, v0.7
SCTSpellReady, v0.8
sctd, v3.1
Sea, v1.39
sRaidFrames
Stubby, v52
SWStats, v2.2.b1
SWUniLog, v2.1.4
Swatter, v5.0.PRE.3164
DBMAPI

Last edited by Jungleanimal : 07-22-08 at 02:33 PM.

07-22-08, 02:29 PM   #182
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
And I forgot but I got this yesterday when I was in a BG. Would you rather I email these errors to you? I'm not sure how you would like to handle bug reporting so I'll use the forums for now.

Date: 2008-07-20 21:15:31
ID: 1
Count: 8
attempt to index local 'right' (a nil value)
Debug:
nUI\HUD\nUI_HUD.lua:95:
nUI\HUD\nUI_HUD.lua:91
[C]: sort()
nUI\HUD\nUI_HUD.lua:1994: updateCooldowns()
nUI\Bars\nUI_Button.lua:640: updateCooldown()
nUI\Bars\nUI_Button.lua:336: startCooldown()
nUI\Bars\nUI_Button.lua:127:
nUI\Bars\nUI_Button.lua:120
[C]: CooldownFrame_SetTimer()
..\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:333: ActionButton_UpdateCooldown()
..\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:373: ActionButton_OnEvent()
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1:
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1
AddOns:
AtlasLoot, vAtlasLoot Enhanced v4.06.01
AucAdvanced, v5.0.PRE.3164
AucFilterBasic, v5.0.PRE.3164 (BillyGoat)
AucStatClassic, v5.0.PRE.3164 (BillyGoat)
AucStatPurchased, v5.0.PRE.3164 (BillyGoat)
AucStatSimple, v5.0.PRE.3164 (BillyGoat)
AucStatStdDev, v5.0.PRE.3164 (BillyGoat)
Auctioneer, v5.0.PRE.3164
BagnonForever, v1.0.0
BagnonTooltips
BeanCounter, v5.0.PRE.3164 (BillyGoat)
Carbonite, vTrial1.27
ChatBar, v2.2
Combuctor, vBeta.1.2
CurseProfiler, v2.0 2008-07-17T22:55:50Z
Enchantrix, v5.0.PRE.3164
enchantrixbarker, v5.0.PRE.3164 (BillyGoat)
EnhTooltip, v5.0.PRE.3164
EquipCompare, v2.12
ErrorMonster, v2
FuBarMailFu, v2.0
GoGoMount, v0002020900
Informant, v5.0.PRE.3164
Ace2
Ace3
MobInfo2, v3.61
nUI, v1.06.00 (beta)
Omen, vOmen r78713 / Threat-2.0 r78412
Postal, v2.1 r73730
Postman, v2.0.53232
RatingBuster, v1.3.7 (r77560)
Recount, v78600
sct, v6.2
SCTCooldowns, v0.7
SCTSpellReady, v0.8
sctd, v3.1
Sea, v1.39
Stubby, v52
SWStats, v2.2.b1
SWUniLog, v2.1.4
Swatter, v5.0.PRE.3164
DBMBattlegrounds
DBMAPI

07-22-08, 03:27 PM   #183
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Jungleanimal View Post
This error seems to have gone away: I think this was because of the resolution. I switched to a wide screen monitor and didn't change the resolution yet. If you know what caused the problem then have at it...but things appear to be fine now.

Debug:
[C]: SetScale()
nUI\Bars\nUI_ButtonBag.lua:347: buttonBagFix()
nUI\nUI.lua:713: enteringWorld()
nUI\nUI.lua:218: onEvent()
I had another user report this error with this patch and I'm miffed as I haven't changed anything in the information panel or the button bag in quite a few updates.

In any event, if the problem comes back, e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll send you a special copy of the buttonbag code to use in order to try and track down the source of the problem.

07-22-08, 03:29 PM   #184
spiel2001
nUI's Author

And I forgot but I got this yesterday when I was in a BG. Would you rather I email these errors to you? I'm not sure how you would like to handle bug reporting so I'll use the forums for now.

Date: 2008-07-20 21:15:31
ID: 1
Count: 8
attempt to index local 'right' (a nil value)
Debug:
nUI\HUD\nUI_HUD.lua:95:
nUI\HUD\nUI_HUD.lua:91
[C]: sort()
nUI\HUD\nUI_HUD.lua:1994: updateCooldowns()
nUI\Bars\nUI_Button.lua:640: updateCooldown()
nUI\Bars\nUI_Button.lua:336: startCooldown()
nUI\Bars\nUI_Button.lua:127:
nUI\Bars\nUI_Button.lua:120
I prefer to use the forums as then everyone else can see that the bug is already reported, etc. And generally, you can leave off the list of installed mods and just post the stack trace unless I ask you about other mods. Most of the time the mod list isn't needed and just clutters up the signal.

This is a new error to me but I think I know what caused it, so I'll add a trap for it. Thanks for the heads up.

07-22-08, 04:20 PM   #185
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Jungleanimal -- I have several other people reporting this same bug now and I'm still stumped as I haven't changed anthing in that code area for several updates now.

I'm curious... are you playing on the US or European servers? Has the problem appeared again?

07-22-08, 05:07 PM   #186
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I am on US Server: Scilla. It only happened when I first logged in after putting on the latest nUI. After that I changed my resolution to wide screen (changed monitors at the same time as nUI version) and when I logged out and back in everything was fine. I have no idea if the two are related or not.

Also, nUI looks SO much better on a wide screen. Love it. I bet my tiny raid frames problem will be a lot better. We start raiding in an hour so I will let you know.

Jungle

Last edited by Jungleanimal : 07-22-08 at 05:10 PM.

07-22-08, 05:27 PM   #187
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I am on US Server: Scilla. It only happened when I first logged in after putting on the latest nUI. After that I changed my resolution to wide screen (changed monitors at the same time as nUI version) and when I logged out and back in everything was fine. I have no idea if the two are related or not.

Also, nUI looks SO much better on a wide screen. Love it. I bet my tiny raid frames problem will be a lot better. We start raiding in an hour so I will let you know.

Jungle

nUI does definitely benefit from a wide-screen display mode. No ifs, ands or buts about that. Good luck with that raid. I'm busy losing in Alterac Valley today ~lol~

07-22-08, 05:46 PM   #188
shascar
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Shascar -- did Noble's solution fix your problem?
no it actually fixed itself when i installed autobar then removed it

07-22-08, 07:23 PM   #189
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Ok, Void Reaver down. Two things:

1) After dying in the raid and releasing, the HP bar stays at the bottom for a long time. I don't know what causes it to start working again, but I ran all the way back in TK before I say the correct representation on the HP bar.

2) It seems that if the tank loses aggro to a DPS the threat bar in the HUD goes away. It would be good if that bar stays up always while in combat. I had to look down at Omen to see what was happening (trying to use nUI the way it is designed if possible.

I'm still raiding but thought I would post quickly in case you have questions while I am using it.

Jungle

07-22-08, 07:27 PM   #190
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Also, holy moly is the cast bar hard to see in TK when it is yellow. I used quartz before and dark blue seemed to work well everywhere. If threat bar and cast bar could be a little bigger that would be wonderful also. Are there settings for those?

Jungle

07-22-08, 07:41 PM   #191
Exodist
A Defias Bandit
New to forums strictly because of this ui - think that saying something ^^

Anyway, i know you're fixing bugs and things that are in fact broken, but i was just wondering if you could answer a couple quick questions:

- You said you were working on a customization panel, i wonder if that is of priority and how far along are you?

- How much of your ui are you going to allow customization to?

You definitely have created an excellent ui, the fact that it doesn't use any 3rd party addons is awesome (load times are spectacular). Of course this is just one of many features... Thank you~

- Exo

07-22-08, 07:47 PM   #192
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Also, holy moly is the cast bar hard to see in TK when it is yellow. I used quartz before and dark blue seemed to work well everywhere. If threat bar and cast bar could be a little bigger that would be wonderful also. Are there settings for those?

Jungle
Jungleanimal --

Yes... you can resize the threat bar and the casting bars. Look at the ["Bars"] section under nUI_HUDConfig in WTF\Account\{your account}\SavedVariables\nUI.lua -- You'll find sections there for The casting bar, the channeling bar and the threat bar where you can set their width (and height for the casting bars). There are also options for the bar colors so if you want to make your casting bar blue instead of yellow, you can. Take a look in Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\nUI_HUDLayout.lua for all of the HUD configuration options... then just make the changes you want in the WTF SavedVariables nUI.lua file.

As for the threat bar issue... I'm curious if the DPS who pulled agro has Omen installed. If the player who has agro does not have Omen/Threat 2.0 installed, then the agro bar fails... that's a known issue that I have to figure out how to fix.

07-22-08, 07:52 PM   #193
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exodist --

The GUI configuration system will not be released until after nUI development has stabilized. For now I'm afraid that the only way to customize the layout is by hand editing your WTF\Account\{your account}\SavedVariables\nUI.lua file (I'm going to have to make a macro to type that out for me ~smile~)

That said... nUI is HIGHLY configurable. I have created nearly every aspect of it to be modifiable via the configuration file. The trick is just in the doing it. You can look at the files in Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts to see what the key options are for the main elements of the UI. Then when you look at the WTF SavedVariables nUI.lua you'll understand what you're looking at.

Sorry there's not a more elegant way to do it than that, but for now I'm afraid that's all there's going to be. I won't even start coding the GUI (I'm designing it, just not coding yet) until nUI is out of beta and stable. Too much changes too fast and having to maintain the GUI config at the same time will triple my work load and end up making the config tool a huge mess because of the constant change.

I know... not the answer you wanted to hear ~smile~ Sorry.

Originally Posted by Exodist View Post
New to forums strictly because of this ui - think that saying something ^^

Anyway, i know you're fixing bugs and things that are in fact broken, but i was just wondering if you could answer a couple quick questions:

- You said you were working on a customization panel, i wonder if that is of priority and how far along are you?

- How much of your ui are you going to allow customization to?

You definitely have created an excellent ui, the fact that it doesn't use any 3rd party addons is awesome (load times are spectacular). Of course this is just one of many features... Thank you~

- Exo

07-22-08, 08:03 PM   #194
Exodist
A Defias Bandit
Nope, actually that answer is quite alright. It's your mod, and you have done an excellent job with it thus far. I don't mind waiting as i'd hate to see anyone burned out developing something out of their own time. I personally just didn't want to go in and make changes to what i want - only to have the update right around the corner ya know?

Thanks again spiel!

07-22-08, 08:25 PM   #195
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Exodist View Post
Nope, actually that answer is quite alright. It's your mod, and you have done an excellent job with it thus far. I don't mind waiting as i'd hate to see anyone burned out developing something out of their own time. I personally just didn't want to go in and make changes to what i want - only to have the update right around the corner ya know?

Thanks again spiel!
Actually... the updates will not affect your WTF SavedVariables nUI.lua file. That is your own personal configuration file. nUI creates it the first time you install nUI, but then treats it as a read-only file from then on unless I have to change a default value for some reason in which case it might change one thing in the file, but it will never overwrite the entire file.

So... any changes you make to that file are going to be pretty secure should you choose to make them. I won't say they're 100% secure, but changes are rare and minor.

For the benefit of those who are reading over our shoulders, I have coded a configuration file updating system into nUI. It "remembers" what version you were last using and when you install a new version, only makes changes to the config file that are required.

For example, I recently moved the player and target name labels in the HUD from above the current health/power percent values at the bottom inside of the HUD to above the maximum health/power values at the top of the HUD. So, when you updated from 1.06 to 1.07, I changed those two values in the config file and nothing else. It's a surgical updating system.

Once nUI becomes stable, I'll also have the config file updater look at your file and see if you are using the default value or a custom value and only change the value if you're using the default. That change in approach will occur when the beta phase is complete. Until then, I'm just too lazy to take the extra steps ~smile~

Last edited by spiel2001 : 07-22-08 at 08:29 PM.

07-22-08, 08:44 PM   #196
spiel2001
nUI's Author

nUI v1.08.00 (beta) is out --

This is an "emergency" interim update for those who are experiencing the scaling problem in nUI_ButtonBag.lua

Please help support nUI by voting for it and/or adding nUI to your favorites list. In addition, I strongly encourage nUI users to let me know about bugs they find and suggestions for improving this mod. Your input and support is invaluable! If you would like to make a cash donation to help support the development of nUI, you may do so by clicking here... and I thank you for your support!

* Added health bar race value as text to in-HUD race bar
* Fixed a buttonbag scaling error caused by the Cartographer minimap fix in 1.07
* Fixed a pet feeder bug for no known foods for a given food type
* Fixed a table sorting bug in HUD cooldowns

You can download the most current version of nUI by clicking here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OutOfCombat.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	1794  

07-22-08, 09:30 PM   #197
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Since nUI is beta and this is my first raid with nUI here is my beta nUI configuration. It needs a ton of work obviously but I will work out the kinks. The only thing I want in the raid frames to be able to see them, if the players are close enough to be buffed, (sRaidFrames makes them fade if they are to far away) and the buffs deployed. The nUI frames are just to small in the little box for my taste, but what I have here is to big for my taste also (to much screen).

Last edited by Jungleanimal : 07-22-08 at 09:32 PM.

07-22-08, 10:12 PM   #198
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I think I'm going to take a big giant step back and re-think my whole approach to unit frames. I've learned way much about the WoW API and LUA since I originally wrote them (they were the first part of nUI I wrote besides the dashboard itself).

I clearly need to solve the issue of size for the raid frames, as well. I'm leaning toward doing something like a Titan or FuBar type bar you can attach to the top, bottom, left or right of the screen as you see fit but I'm not sure yet. I want to keep it clean in the nUI way, but also know that I have to solve this problem of size.

My biggest concern is that the current unit frame design is dragging down the frame rate in raids and that bothers me more than anything else.

I think I'm going to take a hiatus from nUI updates for a while and redesign the unit frames like I did the action bars. That paid off in a big way as the action bars are MUCH more stable and use almost no CPU overhead now. I hope I can do the same with the unit frame.

What I want to do in the meantime is to collect information from nUI users on what they want in raid unit frames and raid information so I can take as much into account in the new unit frame design as possible.

So, I encourage everyone to hit me with all your thoughts with regard to unit frames... what you like, what you don't like, features you want, etc. and I'll see how much of it I can do.

In the meantime, I'll release the occasional update if required for bug fixes, but I think I'm going to take a week or possibly two to completely recode my unit frames.
Since nUI is beta and this is my first raid with nUI here is my beta nUI configuration. It needs a ton of work obviously but I will work out the kinks. The only thing I want in the raid frames to be able to see them, if the players are close enough to be buffed, (sRaidFrames makes them fade if they are to far away) and the buffs deployed. The nUI frames are just to small in the little box for my taste, but what I have here is to big for my taste also (to much screen).

07-22-08, 11:47 PM   #199
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I'm all for that approach. I honestly feel like the core elements of nUI are fairly stable. The HUD is terrific, the action bars are clean and well laid out. The whole UI is completely configurable with the exception of the frame layout. I am a fan of a layout that is designed so that I don't want to "move around" as much as just hit the small preferences like scale and transparency. The party/raid frames are the only thing that needs adjustment from my own "user" perspective. Trust me, I checked out the code just for fun and I don't envy the task of coding that stuff. From what I can tell you seem to have level 70 XP in coding along with some +stam gear. lol.

Anyway, the short story for me is that the core elements and bugs are a non-issue. Even if I have a bug, it just goes away or causes no real harm. I just click ok and play on. Imo, take a crack at the frames and the community can wait patently. I for one will be downing bosses and collecting gear in the mean time. :-)

Jungle

07-23-08, 01:37 AM   #200
Khisanth
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Suggestions for new Raid Frames :
I use Grid for one big reason : size. As a healer I have nearly all I wanted to know : small frames, distance indicator, easy-to-read lost of life (even when it's only a few %), a "receiving heal" indicator, and it's highly configurable.

The things I miss with Grid is a mana indicator (as a Shaman, distance DPS loves my tidal wave totem), and a poisonned/cursed/... indicator that is not hiding 80% of player frame (not the best way to evaluate player health).

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement