02-16-11, 02:29 PM   #1
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

minimap addons fail

I tried top minipam addons, like ricominimap, tatoo, wmmap etc and all fail, rico have black background, i mean cant see the terain sometimes, tatoo dont have the world map button......

can someone suggest a good minimap addon? i want to drag the minimap with mouse and to not lose the world map button. God!
02-16-11, 03:17 PM   #2
Sniffles
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post
I tried top minipam addons, like ricominimap, tatoo, wmmap etc and all fail, rico have black background, i mean cant see the terain sometimes, tatoo dont have the world map button......

can someone suggest a good minimap addon? i want to drag the minimap with mouse and to not lose the world map button. God!
For World Map -> Press "M"
02-16-11, 03:20 PM   #3
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

First, and most importantly, remember to breathe...

Secondly, there are many good minimap addons located here.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
02-16-11, 04:10 PM   #4
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

wrong answers! because i dont want to press a key for map and be sure i know the link, i said i tried few addons from there, all fail! thanks!
02-16-11, 04:21 PM   #5
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Well, if you can't find one you like here, then I suggest you may want to learn to write your own.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
02-16-11, 04:38 PM   #6
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Have you tried chinchilla? it isn't a minimap addon I like but it is very customizable and if "all" these minimap addons "fail" (a term I cant stand) feel free to delve into the wonderful world of Lua and give it your own go, but alas I believe chinchilla will have what you are looking for.

- Winston Churchill
02-16-11, 11:32 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Squeenix. Small and lightweight.
02-17-11, 06:44 AM   #8
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

thanks, this is perfect, even if is not upgraded in months... Why the others, being minimap addons, dont have all decent features? why to lose the world map button or to not make it directly movable with mouse?..
02-17-11, 08:31 AM   #9
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Because not everyone considers them to be decent features?

Most people I know use M to open the world map.
02-17-11, 09:00 AM   #10
soxism
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Most people I know use M to open the world map.
OMG You Can Press M? Why didnt Anyone Tell me this! /end Joke
02-17-11, 11:32 AM   #11
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post
thanks, this is perfect, even if is not upgraded in months... Why the others, being minimap addons, dont have all decent features? why to lose the world map button or to not make it directly movable with mouse?..
Seriously, what's up with your retarded attitude?

Are your brains so tiny they can't comprehend the fact that the features you want are not necessarily the features someone else wants? Be glad people write addons (for themselves) and upload them for free for you to use.

Sorry if I'm raging a bit to much, but imo the OP is just a complete douche. Idiot Inside would probably have been better. And yes I'm in a bad mood.
02-17-11, 11:42 AM   #12
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

One of the reasons that many minimap addons do not mess with the worldmap button or it has problems is because there is a secure handler "bug" on the blizz side. Or maybe its not a bug and rather just bad coding either way... when an addon mess's with that worldmap button it causes secure taint issues with the "WorldMapBlobFrame" and can cause the worldmap to screw up all together. various authors went about fixing it in various ways some just removed it. As that would be easiest considering most people press M for the map rather then click a button.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
02-17-11, 11:56 AM   #13
Waky
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
Seriously, what's up with your retarded attitude?

Are your brains so tiny they can't comprehend the fact that the features you want are not necessarily the features someone else wants? Be glad people write addons (for themselves) and upload them for free for you to use.

Sorry if I'm raging a bit to much, but imo the OP is just a complete douche. Idiot Inside would probably have been better. And yes I'm in a bad mood.
/agree
Too short!
02-17-11, 03:34 PM   #14
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

ya sorry, i gues addon authors make the addons for us free, right? this is a great job

about chichila, interesting, im wonder if any noob can handle it or what it doing, dont have time to test..
02-17-11, 03:38 PM   #15
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Alrighty then........ I think one thing we can all agree on is that not everyone likes every feature of every addon that is available. That does not make certain addons "fail". It just might not have the feature set you desire, so you move on and continue your search.

Likewise, because someone (not a native English speaker) is trying to "fit in" (at least that's how I see it) with everyone, and sees certain colloquialisms being used pretty often and decides to also use them, does not make them "retarded" or less intelligent then you are. It's something, apparently, most of us have done at some time or other in our lives.

Aaaaaaaaaand, that's the end of my rant.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-17-11 at 03:43 PM.
02-17-11, 07:09 PM   #16
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

We have gotten way off topic here. As many people have said already there are tons of addons , but if none fit your need you may want to look into modding your own. You could also find a minimap addon that is close to what you are looking for and make some feature requests for the stuff you would like to see. The author may or may not decide to include them.

Everyone has a bad day myself included, but at the end of they day we are a communiity driven site. We help each other to the best of our abilities. It's not always easy to communicatte in a language that is not your own, In the future you may want to post your question in your native language as well as in english as best as you can describe it. There is a good chance that someone here will speak whatever language it may be.

Am ajuns departe de subiect aici. Aşa cum mulţi oameni au spus deja acolo sunt tone de addon-uri, dar daca nici una se potrivesc nevoie de dvs., poate doriţi să te uiţi în modding propriu. Ai putea găsi de asemenea, un addon Minimap care este aproape de ceea ce cauţi şi pentru a face unele cereri de facilitati pentru chestii pe care ar dori să vadă. Autorul poate sau nu poate decide să le include. Toată lumea are o zi proastă inclusiv eu, dar la sfârşitul ei zi suntem un site communiity condus. Ne ajutăm reciproc la cele mai bune de abilitatile noastre. Nu este întotdeauna uşor să communicatte într-o limbă care nu este a ta, în viitor poate doriţi să postaţi întrebarea dumneavoastră în limba ta maternă, precum şi în limba engleză cât mai bine puteţi să-l descrie. Există o bună şansă ca cineva aici va vorbi orice limba ar fi.

Last edited by Nobgul : 02-17-11 at 07:13 PM.
02-22-11, 06:25 PM   #17
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

all minimaps addons have a bug

the minimap have black texture, i mean the ground texture is bugged, usually after a teleport in other area etc. Why? im using right now Squeenix but had same problem with all minimap addons before

when using no addons, the texture is always ok

or is my problem only? im using too carbonite and other addons but for other things, not map. But i disabled carbonite minimap

Last edited by xromania™ : 02-22-11 at 06:39 PM.
02-26-11, 11:56 AM   #18
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

hello? . .
02-26-11, 11:58 AM   #19
Sniffles
A Black Drake

Screenshot??
02-26-11, 12:45 PM   #20
Kendian
A Molten Giant

I believe he means the lag in loading the minimap, after a port, or zone-in, when he uses a minimap addon~

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » minimap addons fail