01-17-10, 03:11 PM   #221
daeger
A Murloc Raider
/cast Bloodlust
/doafter Bloodlust:success:/dance

Chat outputs Bloodlust:/dance

???

Edit: I think this may be a new Macaroon Extensions bug, I don't know much about Lua coding but if I had to guess it stems from lines 1522 and 1523. If anyone can help please post!

Last edited by daeger : 01-17-10 at 03:34 PM.

01-18-10, 12:15 AM   #222
Redwood Elf
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Also, you're not the only one who's "been doing this for years" so please save your condescension. You never described the behavior you were trying to achieve (a macro reading information about an item on the cursor), so I went with the experience I had, or had heard of. If you give only a vague description of a problem, don't expect a completely relevant and accurate answer.
I described the behavior I was looking for explicitly. You simply didn't read it.

I said that, instead of executing the macro on the hotkeyed button, Macaroon swaps whatever is on the mouse button with whatever was on the hotkeyed button.

I further went on to explain, after you failed to understand, several examples of WHY this is a bad thing. (I had also, previously, posted a description of this problem in the "Bug reports" section (where, for some reason, it failed to appear after it was submitted) and also in the comments section of macaroon itself.

Now I'm not sure how you ever got the vanilla AI to perform a swap, even with button locks active, since I've never seen it happen even with button locks OFF, but that is a quite clear description of the problem, yes?

And if you want to discuss who is being condescending, consider exactly who it was who shrugged off the problem as "Oh, that's just the way Blizzard coded buttons to work" without bothering to take the rudimentary step of pulling up a vanilla actionbar, binding a hotkey on it, and comparing the behavior between that and a Macaroon button.

Last edited by Redwood Elf : 01-18-10 at 07:54 AM.

01-19-10, 10:50 PM   #223
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Redwood Elf View Post
I said that, instead of executing the macro on the hotkeyed button, Macaroon swaps whatever is on the mouse button with whatever was on the hotkeyed button.
Yes, and you gave the example of "I have potions on my cursor, a rogue cheap shots me, I go to hit my trinket, but it swaps the potions onto the button and the trinket onto the cursor and doesn't use the trinket." You even said yourself that it was a silly example that could never actually happen due to combat lockdowns. Re-read your own posts. That was the only example you gave prior to my response. I hardly see how it's possible to "fail to understand" something you never said.

it failed to appear after it was submitted
And how is it my fault that your post didn't actually submit? Do you seriously expect me to have read something that never actually posted? Furthermore, I'm not monitoring the comments or the bug reports for Macaroon. I'm not the author of Macaroon. I'm just another user, trying to help out others where I can.

"Oh, that's just the way Blizzard coded buttons to work" without bothering to ... comparing the behavior
I think it should be pretty clear from the wording of both of my posts, with terms like "I remember..." and "even when I...", that I was speaking only from past experience.

Again, I'm not the author of Macaroon, and even if I were, I would still in no way be obligated to spend my time reproducing the problem you're having, or solving it. I read your "potions and trinket" example, and responded with a statement that matched experiences I remembered having in the past. There was absolutely no need for you to become hostile. My original response was in no way intended to be condescending. If you chose to interpret it that way, and choose to get angry at me because I responded only to the post that actually got submitted to this forum thread, well, that's your own fault.

In any case, good luck with your problem.

Last edited by Phanx : 01-19-10 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Fixed BBCode.

01-20-10, 09:04 AM   #224
Redwood Elf
An Aku'mai Servant

What primarily interests me is, why would this problem occur in the first place? it's as if the keybinds aren't REALLY keybinds out of combat, but are simulating a mouse click, which would swap whatever is on the mouse with whatever is on the button, but in combat, they DO work like ordinary keybinds.

Macaroon is huge...I could spend days trying to backtrace the problem myself, searching through the hotkey code, but Maul would know exactly where to look.

01-20-10, 10:04 AM   #225
Alsvithe
A Kobold Labourer
well, i've got a stupid question. How to change number of buttons in simple bar?

http://yfrog.com/0jbuttonsekp

01-20-10, 11:43 AM   #226
Redwood Elf
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Alsvithe View Post
well, i've got a stupid question. How to change number of buttons in simple bar?

http://yfrog.com/0jbuttonsekp
In the macaroon edit mode, make sure the bar you want to modify is the current bar (click on it) and then type

/mac add #

or

/mac remove #

where # is the number of buttons you want to add or remove from the bar.

01-21-10, 05:57 AM   #227
Phanx
Cat.

If slash commands aren't your thing, you can also right-click on the bar, select "Button Count," and then add buttons by left-clicking the bar or placing the cursor over the bar and scrolling the mousewheel up.

Moving the cursor off the bar will exit the button adding mode, restoring the regular functionality of left-clicking to cycle through bar states.

01-22-10, 01:07 AM   #228
BujuArena
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I have a bug recently where in the button editor, if I press enter to add a new line, it just removes my text cursor from the macro editor box instead of adding a new line. I can work around this by editing my macros in notepad or whatever and pasting them in Macaroon, but it's just annoying and mysterious.

Last edited by BujuArena : 01-23-10 at 07:14 AM.

01-22-10, 11:59 PM   #229
Darkhowl
A Kobold Labourer
Hallow, i'm not particularly good at messing with addons.

I would like to know if there is any way to have your action button 1 switch to display the 'Vampiric bite' action during the Blood-Queen Lana'thel encounter?

During the encounter you get a Debuff called Essence of the Blood Queen, once the debuff is over you get another one called Frenzied Bloodthirst and your regular bars (blizzard standard) is replaced with the single ability Vampiric bite. (i'm just summing this up because i don't know wether it plays a factor or not.)

Is it just a matter of tweaking the single button to switch upon whatever effect it is? Vehicle, possession, pet? It might be something extremely simple that i just missed.

If i had the opportunity to fiddle with it i could probably have figured it out, but messing with this while there's an angry boss hurling blood bolts at you it might not be the smartest idea. xP

01-23-10, 09:41 AM   #230
Redwood Elf
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Darkhowl View Post
Hallow, i'm not particularly good at messing with addons.

I would like to know if there is any way to have your action button 1 switch to display the 'Vampiric bite' action during the Blood-Queen Lana'thel encounter?

During the encounter you get a Debuff called Essence of the Blood Queen, once the debuff is over you get another one called Frenzied Bloodthirst and your regular bars (blizzard standard) is replaced with the single ability Vampiric bite. (i'm just summing this up because i don't know wether it plays a factor or not.)

Is it just a matter of tweaking the single button to switch upon whatever effect it is? Vehicle, possession, pet? It might be something extremely simple that i just missed.

If i had the opportunity to fiddle with it i could probably have figured it out, but messing with this while there's an angry boss hurling blood bolts at you it might not be the smartest idea. xP
Like the skelleton transform in the troll instance, I'm betting this is on the posess bar.

you can either make a separate bar with the following custom states:

[bonusbar:5]
[]

just add buttons to the bonusbar:5 page, and give them action numbers 121 and up, and add no buttons to the other page, so it will only appear when you are on a vehicle or forceably shapeshifted.

You can also add a [bonusbar:5] state to your normal actionbar, but you will need to add ",nobonusbar:5" to the states on the other pages to make them change correctly.

01-24-10, 04:49 AM   #231
Phanx
Cat.

You can also add a [bonusbar:5] state to your normal actionbar, but you will need to add ",nobonusbar:5" to the states on the other pages to make them change correctly.
Incorrect. State definitions are checked in order, and the first state that matches your current situation is used. If [bonusbar:5] at the top of the list on its own line, then when you're possessing something, it will match first, and the parser will ignore everything beyond that.

For example, my shaman's main bar has the following states defined:
Code:
[bonusbar:5]
[flying] [mounted] [stance] [@player, dead]
[actionbar:1] [actionbar:3] [actionbar:5]
[actionbar:2] [actionbar:4] [actionbar:6]
These are checked in this order:
  1. If I am controlling something (vehicle, possession, etc) switch to the first page.
  2. If I am flying, mounted, in a stance (Ghost Wolf triggers the stance condition), or dead, switch to the second page.
  3. If I am on the first, third, or fifth actionbar (as scrolled through with shift + mousewheel), switch to the third page.
  4. If I am on the second, fourth, or sixth actionbar, switch to the fourth page.
The first page has actionID buttons starting with ID 121. The second page has no buttons, effectively hiding the bar. The third and fourth pages have regular macro buttons with my spells on them.

Vampiric Bite is indeed a [bonusbar:5] action, though.

01-24-10, 12:33 PM   #232
Redwood Elf
An Aku'mai Servant

Incorrect. State definitions are checked in order, and the first state that matches your current situation is used. If [bonusbar:5] at the top of the list on its own line, then when you're possessing something, it will match first, and the parser will ignore everything beyond that.
However, if you're adding a bonusbar:5 state to an already existing bar, unless you want to move a lot of buttons around, and are adding the bonusbar:5 page at the end, you need to tell the previous pages NOT to be up if Bonusbar:5 is active...

For some reason, the state editor won't let me use the Enter key to add a new line, say, at the start of the list, so I've been having to actually PASTE a newline in there.

01-25-10, 07:20 AM   #233
Phanx
Cat.

For some reason, the state editor won't let me use the Enter key to add a new line, say, at the start of the list, so I've been having to actually PASTE a newline in there.
Have you tried reinstalling Macaroon? I've never had any problems using the Enter key.

01-25-10, 09:48 AM   #234
shifth
A Murloc Raider
Hi i just ask ( i dont searched it here ...) if i create a button, i can move a spell from default blizzard bar to the macaron bar, but not out of the macaroon bar, just in, if i want to move it out i must remove it from the bar and open spell book and the spell again put into the defautl blizzard bar ..... is there any way to dont do this i must do (or whatever i cant good english sry.)

01-25-10, 09:49 AM   #235
Redwood Elf
An Aku'mai Servant

Have you tried reinstalling Macaroon? I've never had any problems using the Enter key.
Only about 4 or 5 times.

I'm talking about the STATE editor, on the page that pops up when you click the custom option. I can't just type the following:

[bonusbar:5] <ENTER>
[nocombat,stance:1] <ENTER>
[nocombat,stance:2] <ENTER>
[nocombat,stance:3] <ENTER>
[stance:1] <ENTER>
[stance:2] <ENTER>
[stance:3]

The first time I hit enter, the cursor disappears and I'm no longer typing in the frame. I have to type all this into something like Notepad and paste it in.

01-25-10, 10:01 AM   #236
Redwood Elf
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by shifth View Post
Hi i just ask ( i dont searched it here ...) if i create a button, i can move a spell from default blizzard bar to the macaron bar, but not out of the macaroon bar, just in, if i want to move it out i must remove it from the bar and open spell book and the spell again put into the defautl blizzard bar ..... is there any way to dont do this i must do (or whatever i cant good english sry.)
Pardon my Geekspeak...

The problem is, if you drag an existing macro from a blizzard bar to a macaroon button, it doesn't copy the macro, it assigns an action button identifier to reference the macro in your blizzard macro editor. However, that type of button can't be dragged back onto a blizzard bar.

If you drag a spell from your spellbook onto a macaroon button, however, it writes a default macro for it (but only if the button is currently defined as a macro button) and the Blizzard Default buttons can't use a macro that's not defined in the blizzard macro editor (The global and per character macros in your /macro command editor.)

To get the spell or item back onto a Blizzard bar, you will need to drag it from your spellbook, or the Blizzard macro editor.

01-27-10, 08:53 PM   #237
Khora
A Kobold Labourer
Hey,

I've been using this wonderful addon for quite some time now. Today I decided to clean up my UI bit further and ran into few problems.

I edited my bars with Button Facade. However, when I use dual spec, the settings for some bars seem to reset. The bars that are the same between the specs keep their skins (they don't need to be loaded from profile?), but the ones that end up with different buttons/different amount of buttons reset. I tried renaming the bars in the other spec to make them separate yet without any difference.

I also have "enable key bind text" and "enable macro text" reset when using dual spec.

I have the latest versions of both Macaroon and BF.

Any solution that I might've missed?

Thanks alot.

01-31-10, 06:16 AM   #238
hid
A Kobold Labourer
After setting up all keybinds/macros for the main spec on a new character (fresh macaroon install), I would like to be able to just copy that exact same setup (bars, keybinds and storage) to the secondary spec layout (with the dual spec option enabled, but with profiles disabled)

As it is now I haven't found a way to do this (since the profiles seem to be spec dependent and won't allow copying the layout you saved while using your "main spec" to your "secondary spec", correct me if I'm wrong here), so I'm forced to manually set up binds and macros TWICE per caracter (once per spec), which is extremly time consuming when you got 9 characters to configure the addon for. :P

Worst case scenario I guess I'll just manually copy them by looping over all buttons and doing: MacaroonSavedState.buttons[buttonid][2] = MacaroonSavedState.buttons[buttonid][1] for each "buttonid"

But that feels a tad hack-ish, and I got no idea if it would **** something up because of unique identifiers being used, or stuff like that.

02-05-10, 11:19 AM   #239
darkzoark
A Kobold Labourer
help me lana'thel config :s

Hello,
i'm sorry to re-ask but i don't understand it well, how i can configure Macaroon in order to have in one of my button bar the "bitting" spell of lana'thel or the aptitude bar on the gundrak instance.

am'i force to use macro or not ?

I only test the way proposing by "phanx", but when i tested it the button were remplaced by question mark... and this cause a raid wipe :s

I play a ShadowPriest so i have a stance bar, i don't know if it make interference with the solution gave by "phanx" and i dont have all the macaroon optional files (only the menu/ bag bar manager).
I also noticed that i don't have the posses valu in my barEditor.

So if somebody can explain me in easy word, how to fix it i'll be very happy.
And moreover I will be happier if you can teach me how to make this bar visible only on the encounter where i'll need it )
And if you want make me verrry verry happy if could help me to include to this bar the spell of my mind control unit i'll one of the happyest guy in the world

(sory for my bad english i hope it could be understandable)

Last edited by darkzoark : 02-05-10 at 11:51 AM.

02-10-10, 09:37 PM   #240
Cowisimoo
A Defias Bandit
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone is currently maintaining this mod. I think I read a post a few months back from Maul where he said he wasn't going to maintain it anymore. This was previous to the latest version, however, that he did in December.

This may be the most beautiful and brilliant mod ever written for the game. It would be a shame to lose it. It's almost enough to make me consider going back to school and learning how to program lua.

Does anyone know it's current status with regards to maitenance?

Thank you,

Cowisimoo

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread