05-31-10, 03:59 PM   #1
Holycannoli
A Defias Bandit
2 problems + question

Question first: When I upgrade my version, do I have to redo all my BG minimap settings, or do they save? I don't want to have to move the minimap again etc. after installing new version.

First problem: Every time I enter a new BG with a character I have to redo my minimap settings, most notably putting it in the upper-right corner where I want it and resizing it. Is there an easy way to make every BG use the same settings so I don't have to go through the hassle of doing it manually each time I join a new BG? No matter if it's Isle Of Conquest or Warsong Gulch, I want the map in the same spot and the same size.

Second problem: I cannot disable punk detections in sanctuaries even though the box isn't checked. It's seriously annoying in Dalaran. Is this problem fixed in the newer version? Also, if this does indeed work in the newer version, will I still get bombarded with punk detections from Dalaran even though I'm not in the city itself, but maybe below it on the ground or flying nearby? It really starts to lag my system when I get near Dalaran and the map gets flooded with red dots.

EDIT: It took me a long time to set up Carbonite the way I want it, even though the separate BG settings and inability to disable punks in sanctuaries is a pain. If I have to go through that all over again with 3.330 I may just not install it at all.

I did just see this:

Transfering settings to other characters:

You can move the window layouts and other settings from a character to all your other characters. You would login with the character that is setup the way you like. Open the Warehouse. Right click the list on the right half of the window. Select "Export current settings to all characters" and click "Export" on the message box.

So I can have the same settings for all my characters, but how do I get my BGs to all use the same modified settings?

Last edited by Holycannoli : 05-31-10 at 04:07 PM.

06-02-10, 11:09 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Updating Carbonite should not change the settings for your characters in any way, as long as all you delete prior to the update is the Carbonite folders in your "AddOns" folder (which is all you should do, anyway). If you use "Minion" you don't even have to worry about it. It's all done for you. Carbonite's settings are kept at a separate location, so, no worries there.

As for the BG maps, I don't know. I don't do BG's, so have no idea what happens with the map and it's settings there. When you import the settings from another character, as far as I know, it imports them all.

Edit: After thinking about this, I scanned the "CarboniteReadMe" file that is in your Carbonite folder. The only thing I found was this:
The size, position and settings for the map are saved. These settings are also saved independently for each battleground.
So, I'm really hoping if you choose to import a character setup with another character that all the BG map sizes are also imported. It's listed under the "-- Map" heading.

That "Punks" thing. It's my contention that all that is is a resource waste. I've had it turned on and have had it alerting me to "punks" that aren't even on the same continent I'm on. Example: I'm running around Durotar, and the "punks" thing is warning me that there is a "punk" near me ...... In Silverpine Forrest. Yeah. "Not good" doesn't even begin to cover it. Ever been to Ratchet? I've been standing right next to a Night Elf waiting for the boat to Booty Bay, yet I wasn't being alerted to any "punks" in my area. Hmmmm.... This happens just about every time I get the urge to try it out again. I just leave it "disabled" and go on my merry way. If I'm gonna get "ganked" somewhere, I'm gonna get "ganked".

Last edited by jeffy162 : 06-02-10 at 11:54 AM.

06-02-10, 10:55 PM   #3
Holycannoli
A Defias Bandit
Punks works great for me since I'm on a PvP server. Once in a while there's a slight delay in alerting me an enemy is nearby but otherwise it's invaluable.

The only problem like I said is that I cannot disable it in sanctuaries, and since it's a PvP server I get tons and tons of alerts. I really don't care that dozens of enemies are in Dalaran, and I don't appreciate the lag it causes

Last edited by Holycannoli : 06-02-10 at 11:01 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » 2 problems + question