12-18-05, 11:00 PM   #1
Piny
A Murloc Raider
XML codes for itemchache.wdb

Hey, im new to this forum and dont really know about making interfaces and stuff but i've known how to change item grahpics from a while ago with hex editor xvi32 and using the XML codes of items from allakahzam.com but it seems that it doesnt work anymore b/c wen i change the item codes it becomes a big question mark in game, and if moused over will cause a fatal error.

Does anyone know another way to change the grahpics?

And does anyone think they know a reason that the items arent changing anymore with the hex editor? thanks alot.
12-19-05, 09:13 AM   #2
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
items go through a check to make sure they are valid. If your cache nor the server has them, you will get disconnected. I am not sure to what extent you are trying to edit them via hex editor, but if it modifies the item information in any way it likely will cause your fatal error.

As for replacing the icons, there is probably a way to do it via an addon, although I am not sure I see the reason to do so. Maybe someone else can chime in on the ability to choose icons for items...
12-19-05, 10:30 AM   #3
Piny
A Murloc Raider
edit: wait a secound wen u said if ur cache doesnt have it, do u mean if i never moused over that item i cannot change it to it correct? so wenever i delte my itemchache file i must at least mouse over the item i am trying to change to?

no, i dont wanta just change the icon.

the icon being changed changes my item grahpic meaning how it looks on my char.

and the point of using the xml codes from allakahzam.com is b/c thats like the item graphics #
so saying the game should read it like that.

but itll b hard to explain anyway, but is there another way to change item grahpics? i no of wowstudio but to change grahpics in that is a bit wierd b/c it inserts grahpics from a standalone program of like wow rats, gear etc so the items u can change to is limited.

thanks for reading

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » XML codes for itemchache.wdb