03-31-11, 01:45 PM   #561
Maxen
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Tanthalus View Post
Good, but Id put a -2 font size on nearly everything here.
7/10
hehe.. I'm getting old, so smaller font size is a no go Thanks for the feedback!

03-31-11, 01:54 PM   #562
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Point of this post?
And yours?

03-31-11, 02:47 PM   #563
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Play nice children, before I have to send you to your corners for a time out.

03-31-11, 02:56 PM   #564
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Play nice children, before I have to send you to your corners for a time out.
/heeded

03-31-11, 03:18 PM   #565
khangg
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
While digging through my Dropbox folder I found an old screenshot of me playing with a right side oriented UI, so I decided to try it out again.

Idle | Combat | Raid

Last edited by khangg : 03-31-11 at 03:36 PM.

03-31-11, 03:38 PM   #566
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by haylie View Post
Um, you don't need code for that. You could do transparency with Stuf even back before I quit. You can set each individual bar a certain texture, color and transparency value, both fill and depleted. It's in the options.
When I used Stuf you couldn't, don't know if it's changed now. Basically when you make the top bar transparent you would just see the underlying colour. Instead of making the whole frame transparent and only colored on the HP you lost.

If that made any sense.

03-31-11, 04:23 PM   #567
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
When I used Stuf you couldn't, don't know if it's changed now. Basically when you make the top bar transparent you would just see the underlying colour. Instead of making the whole frame transparent and only colored on the HP you lost.

If that made any sense.
Ya, the author implemented a fill on loss option, and now you can set it up like you had your oUF a while back. It's lovely and use it myself.

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

03-31-11, 04:25 PM   #568
Archer50
An Aku'mai Servant

Current setup, Omen hides out of combat, displays top 3. Buffs aren't really that light, they were flashing because they were almost over.

In party/raid

Last edited by Archer50 : 03-31-11 at 04:35 PM.

03-31-11, 05:20 PM   #569
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Now, now... Some people can read pixel fonts just fine. Customized UIs are all about the *user's* preference.

Anyway, it seems I'm going to have to state again that this thread is not the location to debate pixel fonts.

The voice of reason finally speaks!

Thanks for the gentle reminder, Seerah.

03-31-11, 06:49 PM   #570
Aschker
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Archer50 View Post
Current setup, Omen hides out of combat, displays top 3. Buffs aren't really that light, they were flashing because they were almost over.

In party/raid
Chance on getting full sized pics? As it looks now we cant really see details.

Anyway, from the small pics:
Seems like your player textures and raid textures dont match, your buffs arent skinned so they dont match your actionbars and your player frame hp and power bar are mighty high/thick.

Personally I would move the action bars closer to the center, and move your raid / player / target etc up a bit so you can widen your chat frame a bit.

Ohw, and maybe make the bars you dont use for DPS but with buffs/professions on it only show on mouseover (just like the micromenubar).

03-31-11, 08:17 PM   #571
Archer50
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Aschker View Post
Chance on getting full sized pics? As it looks now we cant really see details.

Anyway, from the small pics:
Seems like your player textures and raid textures dont match, your buffs arent skinned so they dont match your actionbars and your player frame hp and power bar are mighty high/thick.

Personally I would move the action bars closer to the center, and move your raid / player / target etc up a bit so you can widen your chat frame a bit.

Ohw, and maybe make the bars you dont use for DPS but with buffs/professions on it only show on mouseover (just like the micromenubar).

THanks for the response. Was having problems with Imgur...it didn't want to size it properly haha, I've taken your suggestions and have modified my UI a bit.

Also, I personally dont make the buff/mount/profession bar fade out because I have OCD and have to have it symmetrically showing :P

UI 2.0

Click for full res

Last edited by Archer50 : 03-31-11 at 08:45 PM.

03-31-11, 09:11 PM   #572
Aschker
A Murloc Raider
UI 2.0

Click for full res
I think the changes worked very well Still not a fan on the texture you took, but thats personal taste. Other than that, everything happens low in the screen so you have a wide FOV and it looks very playable. 1 thing still :P Do you need your name, class and level etc shown on your player frame :P?

03-31-11, 09:25 PM   #573
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Sniffles View Post
My current Tukui Edit (W.I.P)
Still not satisfied with it :/
Need ideas and feedback!

Still working on this Sniffles? I'm curious where it's at now...

THanks for the response. Was having problems with Imgur...it didn't want to size it properly haha, I've taken your suggestions and have modified my UI a bit.

Also, I personally dont make the buff/mount/profession bar fade out because I have OCD and have to have it symmetrically showing :P

UI 2.0

Click for full res
Image attachment via the message editor works well, and is pretty quick.

The width of your player & target frames is still a bit small relative to their height imo, and they're too small in general relative to the other UI elements (and your ToT text is illegible...although it looks like you've swapped out screenshots since I started typing this ).

03-31-11, 11:12 PM   #574
tenub
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
The UI as a whole is good. Only a few things id change; The 2D class icon is redundant and hugely unneeded waste of space. Use a 3d portrait or simply nothing at all. You lose absolutely nothing and gain screen space. The huge-ass health bar with the class color makes it pretty obvious what class it it without that hideous graphic uglification an otherwise nice looking UI.
I never show unnecessary information. The class icons are the targets of that particular arena frame unit.

04-01-11, 05:03 AM   #575
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post

If that made any sense.
I think it did. You mean you could still see the backdrop color, right? That's why I set the backdrop color transparent and used LightPanels to add borders.

As seen here (left ones of course):
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/x...710_192642.jpg

From there it's not too hard to set the depleted health color to opaque and the fill color to transparent.

Last edited by haylie : 04-01-11 at 05:10 AM.

04-01-11, 05:26 AM   #576
Sniffles
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Aprikot View Post
Still working on this Sniffles? I'm curious where it's at now...
My current Edit:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I stopped to edit Tukui till 4.1.0.

04-01-11, 06:20 AM   #577
iradex
A Cyclonian
About Stuf, im setting Backdrop opacity to 0%, Bar Opacity to 100%, Fill on Loss and Reverse direction and i'm still getting black bar instead of transparency bar.

04-01-11, 07:21 AM   #578
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

There are two "backdrops" IIRC. One in the actual frame's options and one in the General options.

04-01-11, 07:47 AM   #579
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Sniffles View Post
My current Edit:

I stopped to edit Tukui till 4.1.0.
Ah, k. ty
Originally Posted by iradex View Post
About Stuf, im setting Backdrop opacity to 0%, Bar Opacity to 100%, Fill on Loss and Reverse direction and i'm still getting black bar instead of transparency bar.
There are two "backdrops" IIRC. One in the actual frame's options and one in the General options.
Yep, there is a bg color picker in Global which has a default of black I believe.

04-01-11, 08:26 AM   #580
iradex
A Cyclonian
I found "Background color" on Global options, but when i set it to 0, i can just see when i put the mouse over it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » UI Feedback Thread