03-09-10, 10:52 PM   #1
yami
An Aku'mai Servant

Lightbulb recommended addons

in advance before the possibly flaming...
if this is in the wrong section i'm sorry -bows-

anywho,

i dunno if this exists somewhere on the page, and i just simply overlooked it, but would it be possible for a recommended addons section?
the list could be populated by popular addons, and use data of what a user has in their "favorite addons" section? granted there's a space for error, i.e. i use perl and bartender, knowing my luck spartanui will be at the top of the list XD (no offense to sui, I love it, my comp on the other hand...-threatens to reformat it-....)
the reason why i bring this up, is because i'm always looking for something new, better, easier, more efficiant, less strain on the pc, etc etc then what i currently use..ffs i went from having 65+ addons to 30 by nit picking thru all the "populars" of the different addon catagories...to find addons that are more useful to me...
"phenominal cosmic powers! ...in a little bitty living space" that comes to mind with what i'm always looking for ^^,
anywho i'll wonder off now to stop rambling XD
03-09-10, 11:02 PM   #2
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can always check out Vranx.

http://www.vranx.com/
03-09-10, 11:53 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
In addition to Vranx's site, here are a few other places you can check:

http://www.wowinterface.com/pickofweek.php
http://www.wowinterface.com/survivalguide.php

Also, on the Community tab (the default page if you're logged in) and the AddOns tab there is a section for New & Updated Addons. If you look at the bottom of that box, you will see that there are several tabs for it. The other two tabs are for Top Downloads and Top Faves.

/edit: May I also suggest the UI Screenshots thread: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-09-10, 11:57 PM   #4
aceman67
A Theradrim Guardian

there are some mods that are simply required by most, if not all raiding guilds
  • Meter Addon - Recount or Skada
  • Threat Addon - Omen or Skada again, but use omen
  • Boss addons - Deadly Boss Mods or Big wigs, but my guild requires DBM

And there are some addons that I cannot play with out:

Some kind of advanced unit frames and Buff frames, right now I use STUF (unitframes), Satrina Buff Frames.

Two cool down timers I swear by, Omni-CC and Forte

an Inventory Managment system, I love Ark Inventory the most.

I dislike the default look of the Blizzard UI, so I use the default skin that comes with Skinner.

I'm a miner, so I use a combination of Carbonite, Gatherer and WoWhead Gatherer DB, but this will also work for any type of gatherable node, not just mining.

Some kind of Combat text addon, I use Mik's Scrolling Battle Text (MSBT).

Those are just some of the addons I simply cannot play with out.
03-10-10, 12:52 AM   #5
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Fewer AddOns does not mean "easier on the PC". Quality of code matters, and a monolithic AddOn that does what five or so smaller AddOns does isn't any better because it's a single AddOn - it's just doing the work of five.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » recommended addons