12-16-07, 12:09 PM   #1
Lantel
A Cyclonian

Ultimate mage build

If any of you are looking to respec a mage this is just my opinion but this is the ultimate mage build

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...00000000000000

Chaned it a-bit and I like this one a bit better remember this is in MY opinon.

Enjoy .

Last edited by Lantel : 12-17-07 at 12:08 PM.
12-16-07, 12:21 PM   #2
naeem151287
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
well according to me thr is no Ultimate build....it all depends on what ur comfortable with...firstly thr are PvP/PvE builds...then u need to see wat suits ur playing style....not every1 is comfortable with some1 else's talent build...but if they cant decide for themselves and they can adapt then its good for them
12-16-07, 05:31 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Mages are great in that any tree is viable (as long as Blizzard hasn't broken it). You seem to have selected a mish-mash of talents there... You have a bunch of talents in Arcane, but you didn't take Presence of Mind. You have talents in Fire, but you didn't take Impact. You have some in Frost, but you didn't take Ice Shards. These three talents are basics in their respective trees. And there are plenty of mages that laugh at the new Arcane Fortitude talent.

But yes - there are different ways to spec. You can spec for pvp or for pve. If you like doing tons of damage, but will have a smaller mana pool, take Fire. If you like survivability, take Frost. (Frost is currently the top spec for arenas.) If you like longevity, take Arcane. All 3 trees have ways to increase damage output, etc. Blizz has done a bit of work to try to balance out the 3 trees, but those have always been the qualities that separated them.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-16-07, 07:31 PM   #4
Delena
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Lantel
If any of you are looking to respec a mage this is just my opinion but this is the ultimate mage build

Enjoy .
I don't like it, you have arcane fortitude, 50% of your intellect, around +200 armor on your *cloth* gear is useless. it's too low. Maybe you thought it was 50% of your total mana.

You missed improved counterspell to silence, you missed presence of mind which gives you an instant cast. If you do pvp you will be often kicked or slowed and you also skipped improved arcane missiles which being a channelled spell automatically follow your target when he goes behind you, where you cant cast any fireball or frostobolt.
12-17-07, 12:04 PM   #5
Lantel
A Cyclonian

Please note that I said In MY opinion so im not saying you all have to use this since its amazing I know I missed out a few but Im gonna re-do it and see If I can make it better. Also this was far pvp BTW.
12-17-07, 12:22 PM   #6
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Delena
I don't like it, you have arcane fortitude, 50% of your intellect, around +200 armor on your *cloth* gear is useless. it's too low. Maybe you thought it was 50% of your total mana.

You missed improved counterspell to silence, you missed presence of mind which gives you an instant cast. If you do pvp you will be often kicked or slowed and you also skipped improved arcane missiles which being a channelled spell automatically follow your target when he goes behind you, where you cant cast any fireball or frostobolt.
Arcane fortitude is under appreciated imo. Also who uses AM?
12-17-07, 01:56 PM   #7
elsewhere
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Slakah
missles are great for BG's to grab killing blows on low health targets at range. a ranged spell that channels rather taking cast time gets you the kill instead of someone else. not to mention it's target tracking over "your target needs to be in front of you". PvE usefullness, i cant atest to though.
12-17-07, 02:24 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
True, AM used to be a waste of mana (though the auto-follow was still nice). But it has become a staple spell for Arcane mages in the recent patches.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-17-07, 02:40 PM   #9
Delena
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Seerah
True, AM used to be a waste of mana (though the auto-follow was still nice). But it has become a staple spell for Arcane mages in the recent patches.
They arent a waste of mana, if you get a good arcane/frost build I use them in pve too and my mana pool never ends.

Last edited by Delena : 12-17-07 at 02:42 PM.
12-17-07, 03:10 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Seerah
bolded the parts you missed

12-18-07, 11:02 PM   #11
Delena
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Slakah
Talented arcane missiles dont get interruptions while casting and there are also other reason to use them, like the auto-follow target, a no-stop damage. These are under apprecited imo.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Ultimate mage build