02-21-15, 11:46 AM   #1
Inraz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Minion is not starting anymore

Hi Guys, me again.

After the last update of minion it does not start anymore at all. My symbol is just jumping (i am using a mac) but nothing happens, eventually it will disappear completely :-(
02-21-15, 06:10 PM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Hi Inraz,

Can you see if there are any logs in your .minion folder? Just open a terminal window and type open ~/.minion and attach your minion.xml and minion0.log files.

What was the version of Minion you were running successfully before the update? If you're not sure after your update today when was the last time you updated?
02-22-15, 12:00 PM   #3
Inraz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you for your quick reply. I dont know which excact version it was. I got a update message, i clicked "ok" and then it crashed. I always kept my minion up do date until then.

I attached the files in a zip to this post thank you for your help

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Hi Inraz,

Can you see if there are any logs in your .minion folder? Just open a terminal window and type open ~/.minion and attach your minion.xml and minion0.log files.

What was the version of Minion you were running successfully before the update? If you're not sure after your update today when was the last time you updated?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Komprimierte Datei.zip (1.2 KB, 396 views)
02-26-15, 01:06 PM   #4
Inraz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
/push
02-26-15, 01:36 PM   #5
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Hi Inraz,

Sorry I didn't notice your reply.

Your logs don't show any errors so I'm wondering if the update failed half way through? Can delete Minion from your applications folder and re-download it from http://minion.gg and re-install it? Most likely you'll have to update again once you re-install. Let me know if it crashes again or if it works.

If you still have trouble another thing we can try is opening up your terminal window again and typing:

rm ~/.minion/minion.xml

Then try and restart Minion again. That will reset Minions saved settings.
02-28-15, 07:31 AM   #6
Inraz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks, working like a charm again!

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Hi Inraz,

Sorry I didn't notice your reply.

Your logs don't show any errors so I'm wondering if the update failed half way through? Can delete Minion from your applications folder and re-download it from http://minion.gg and re-install it? Most likely you'll have to update again once you re-install. Let me know if it crashes again or if it works.

If you still have trouble another thing we can try is opening up your terminal window again and typing:

rm ~/.minion/minion.xml

Then try and restart Minion again. That will reset Minions saved settings.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Minion is not starting anymore