10-13-12, 06:03 PM   #1
neotalon
A Kobold Labourer
quest areas not showing on map

I have spent hours searching all over these forums (and others) and can not find an answer that fixes it for me.

The quest areas are not showing up for me on the map. I see the individual points, but I do not see the colored areas around the points that tell me where the quest objectives are at.

I see a lot of references to the "always show watched quest areas on map" and the "sync carbonite watched with blizzard watched" as well as the green icon on the quest watch screen. As you can see, all of those are enabled.

I am currently running only carbonite and no other addons, I have attempted this with a fresh wtf folder as well and it still happens.

any advice on what I should do to fix this? I'ev been using carbonite for years (even paid for it back when blizzard allowed that) and this happened a couple months ago and its been driving me crazy.

thank you for any help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_101312_195328.jpg
Views:	1924
Size:	435.0 KB
ID:	7287  

10-14-12, 02:15 AM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
It won't show on the carbonite map, it shows on the minimap, if you have "Track Quest POI" enabled on the magnifying glass tracking menu.

10-14-12, 07:56 AM   #3
DHubert
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
the mini map is small and some players (like myself) are vision impaired. We used to be able to see the color blobs on the carbonite map. That was a very good feature of carbonite. Any chance this can be replaced? I really miss it. And PLEASE replace the node flash ability on the minimap I am lost with out it!

Last edited by DHubert : 10-14-12 at 07:57 AM. Reason: mispell

10-14-12, 01:03 PM   #4
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by DHubert View Post
the mini map is small and some players (like myself) are vision impaired. We used to be able to see the color blobs on the carbonite map. That was a very good feature of carbonite. Any chance this can be replaced? I really miss it. And PLEASE replace the node flash ability on the minimap I am lost with out it!
Carbonite no longer relies on it's own internal quest database as this is outdated and the quests are coming from blizzards quest database.

This means if you have the quest selected (white point next to the quest in the tracker) and you get near the quest blob on the map you will see the blizzard "blue quest area blob"

There is a LOT of work to get Carb's own version of the quest blob's back and for now I guess Rythal is concentrating on getting some of the more serious bugs fixed before even thinking about that...
Don't forget that Rythal has just started decrypting the addon and he's doing his best to sort everything out.. Please be patient with him... We have had to put up with worse bugs than this for a long time...

As for the node flashing...
Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
If the node flash function is re-enabled you won't see the new battlepet icons..

All those icons are stored in 2 files, one has a slightly dimmer node icon in it. Carbonite switches between the 2 to give the flashing effect. I understand there is a problem with one if the files, so to save time (and a headache) Rythal disabled one of the files.

If you are a hunter (like me) the nodes look like the icons for humanoids.. Just disable humanoid tracking when you want to farm.
If I am wrong please correct me Rythal

Last edited by JimJoBlue : 10-14-12 at 01:08 PM.

10-14-12, 05:23 PM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
As for the node flashing...

If I am wrong please correct me Rythal
In theory I can re-enable it (and might for next release), because I redid the graphics files to have the new pandaria ones... I just haven't found a solution for the flickering that's been caused by glow yet.

10-14-12, 08:36 PM   #6
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

It's nice to know I'm not giving out wrong information

10-14-12, 11:34 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
In theory I can re-enable it (and might for next release), because I redid the graphics files to have the new pandaria ones... I just haven't found a solution for the flickering that's been caused by glow yet.
I don't know about everyone else, but while the map icons are steady (no flicker) when I hover a slot in my bags, either just to get the tool tip or when I hover the item before clicking it to sell it at a merchant or post it at the AH, the cursor flickers. It's been doing that since the icon flicker problem started. Sorry, can't give you a date, but it's been a while. And the glow delay is set to "0".

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

10-15-12, 07:52 AM   #8
DHubert
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you Rythal for all your hard work. I am sure you are working on many different issues. This task seems monumental in scope and must be very difficult. I agree with previous posters, take one issue at a time and please dont burn out.

Personally, I can live with the flicker on the minimap if we have the node glow. I am not a programmer and have no idea how things interconnect. Having node glow enabled as opposed to battle pet icons being visible might be made an option? Since most people are either looking for pets OR farming nodes.... maybe that could be a toggle option... choose what you are doing during that game session and toggle which feature you wish to see. Just a thought.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » quest areas not showing on map