05-25-09, 07:22 AM   #41
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kymeerah View Post
This makes manual updates a genuinely time-consuming process, raises the probability of conflicts - which can take more time to track down - and therefore also increases the frequency at which you might want to pick up updates, since the bug you're suffering from might have been fixed yesterday.
IMHO This is not true at all.

If you're smart about updating it can take you no more than 15 minutes.

Every one of your addons do not update every day. So if you have 100 addons don't waste time looking up 100 addon pages.

The trick to swift manual updates is to reduce the amount of information you look at. Setting up of favourites on Curse and Wowinterface goes a long way to this end - instead of having to load up pages for every one of your addons you only get what's actually been updated.

When I was still updating regularly I was only updating every week or so. I would look through 22 notice , load 8 webpages and download maybe 4 addon updates. For a total of 89 addons (multipart and blizzard addons taken out... actual folder count in addons folder 165)

PS As to why I have not updated since May 3rd ? I'm still waiting for my UI to break :oke:: :oke::
PPS Yes I'm that lazy
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite, Curse, Wow Matrix and keeping upto date