03-24-13, 10:14 AM   #1
Elderin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Wow Interface Addon Kit Updates

How often is the WoW Interface Addon Kit updated? Or, perhaps, more specifically, how long does it take to see new information in the Addon Kit?

For example, when I look in my interface\addons folder I am seeing Blizzard_PetBattleUI, however a fresh download of the Addon Kit does not include that "addon". I recently had an ingame discussion with a GM and he informed me that those Blizzard_* folders were not really addons but are templates for addon developers to use. As such I sort of expected to see the equivalents in the Addon Kit.

What I am really looking for are the frames, code, etc that implement the fading "You Won!" message. It is also used to notify the player of additional informtion, such as additional loot that the player is receiving.

Perhaps someone already knows the answer. But, I really expected to see that code in the Addon Kit.

Last edited by Elderin : 03-24-13 at 10:16 AM.
03-24-13, 10:21 AM   #2
Tim
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not really sure how often the kit is updated but you can find a copy of updated files at https://github.com/tekkub/wow-ui-source.
Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List
03-24-13, 10:44 AM   #3
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
You can export all the code and images from wow by running wow.exe with the -console parameter then enter tilde "~" from the startup screen and enter

ExportInterfaceFiles code
or
ExportInterfaceFiles art

They'll appear in the BlizzardInterfaceArt and BlizzardInterfaceCode folders under your wow directory.
03-24-13, 10:50 AM   #4
pelf
Sentient Plasmoid

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
You can export all the code and images from wow by running wow.exe with the -console parameter then enter tilde "~" from the startup screen and enter

or
ExportInterfaceFiles art

They'll appear in the BlizzardInterfaceArt and BlizzardInterfaceCode folders under your wow directory.
Is that even documented anywhere?
03-24-13, 10:52 AM   #5
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
http://www.wowpedia.org/Viewing_Bliz...interface_code
03-24-13, 10:57 AM   #6
pelf
Sentient Plasmoid

Premium Member
That's not what I really meant. I mean something more general ... what else can you type in there that you can't normally do with /console? How did the person who wrote the Wowpedia article find out the commands and what they do?
03-26-13, 11:50 AM   #7
Elderin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post

or
ExportInterfaceFiles art

Thank you, very much. This worked very nicely. I did have to wait abit for the "art" folder to be created and populated. Actually, Windows reported World of Warcraft as "not responding" during the art export. A little patience, and the process completed.

So, I read through the BattlePetUI files and was unable to find a reference to the frame I am interested in. It shows up after the battle, saying "You Won!" if you won, and reporting additional loot you may be receiving. The frame has a faded line above, and one below, the text of the message with no right and left borders. The text fades and the frame hides. I can implement the fading text by varing the alpha. But am wanting to duplicate the lines and text sizes, perhaps colors.

I am currently using a macro, /script print(GetMouseFocus():GetName()), to identify frames to help with finding them in code. However, by the time the battle is over and the text is displayed on the screen, all the macro reports is "WorldFrame". And, of course, it then fades completely away. Interestingly enough it appears that sometimes clicking on the text causes it to pause, remaining on the screen longer - Perhaps it resets the alpha timer.

Even more strange, today I am seeing the text appear, fade out, then the lines appear for a bit, they they too, go away!

Last edited by Elderin : 03-26-13 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Added last observation
03-26-13, 12:42 PM   #8
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
you could try using /fstack which will display a tooltip with the name of any frame(s) the mouse moves over. Type /fstack again to turn it off.
03-26-13, 10:53 PM   #9
Phanx
Cat.

The "You Won!" text isn't handled by the PetBattleUI; it's handled by the LevelUpDisplay. Specifically:

Code:
LevelUpDisplay (frame)
 ↳ LevelUpDisplayLevelFrame (frame)
    ↳ LevelUpDisplayLevelFrameTextLine (fontstring)
See also: FrameXML\LevelUpDisplay.lua and FrameXML\LevelUpDisplay.xml.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Wow Interface Addon Kit Updates