09-08-06, 04:08 PM   #1
Jakets
A Murloc Raider
FuMessenger?

I realize there is a thread for fubar plug in requests, but i wanted to gauge the amount of interest in this idea.

Many of you have seen the ForgottenChat mod, and for those who havent, it basically just makes your whispers into seperate IM chat boxes. While this is fine and dandy, the mod has a lot more options and such, making it a bit over complicated and over large for what i want, also all they do is minimize into small single bars that you have to position all over your screen.

What i would like to see is a smaller simpler fubar addon, that makes them into nicer looking IM boxes and minimizes to a fubar bar, just like minimizing a yahoo chat window to your taskbar. I dont want a bunch of complicated things, it just needs to do that and only that. Is anyone else interested in this? Can anyone actually do this? (im no addon wizzard, i just know what i want)

ForgottenChat is sort of ugly, i would hope this addon could look like it went with the UI a bit more, a nicer frame around the IM boxes. Anyways, give me some feedback and maybe we can get something started?

Last edited by Jakets : 09-08-06 at 04:31 PM.
09-27-06, 07:18 PM   #2
Wobin
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, HeyFu could possibly incorporate this, I guess, as what it stores in regards to timing/information it can certainly handle that sort of display. My only issue so far is the graphics involved =) I'm no graphic designer, but if you get me some nice textures to work from, and I can add that sort of functionality to it.
09-27-06, 08:26 PM   #3
Bant
A Murloc Raider
you should check out WIM, its not ace or ace2 i dont think, and it doesnt yet do anything with fubar, but its pretty snazzy.

wobin, what kind of graphics do you need?
09-27-06, 10:18 PM   #4
Sythalin
Curse staff

WIM is possibly one of the best com addons I've ever seen. I've gone from ForgottenChat to Chatr and now I'm using WIM. Overall, it's simple and is rapidly upgrading to incorporate popular FC and Chatr functions. I'd love to see a MessengerFu as well.
09-27-06, 11:06 PM   #5
Wobin
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Bant
you should check out WIM, its not ace or ace2 i dont think, and it doesnt yet do anything with fubar, but its pretty snazzy.

wobin, what kind of graphics do you need?
Woo, hey Bant =)

Basically what you think would look good as a messenger window. If you could come up with something following the backdrop edgefile rules, that'd be brilliant
09-29-06, 12:08 AM   #6
Bant
A Murloc Raider
I will hopefully have some time to fiddle around with this over the weekend. Will keep ya posted
09-29-06, 01:39 AM   #7
Lacindas
An Aku'mai Servant
./cheer
ild love to see this built into HeyFu (which is already a favorite plugin of mine :-D )
09-30-06, 09:30 PM   #8
Bant
A Murloc Raider
lil update, this weekend just got turned upside down and I dont think I'm going to have time to do much at all over the next couple weeks. Sorry Wobin, if you are still lookin for some graphical help when things start to clear up on my end I'll be glad to take a stab
10-04-06, 01:05 AM   #9
Wobin
An Aku'mai Servant

No problem Bant, take your time =)

I'm just trying to figure out archiving atm for HeyFu, so that'll take a bit of working out =)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » FuMessenger?