02-25-07, 11:39 AM   #21
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's because you don't have the background transparent for those textures. If you use the .blp converter to .png (vice versa), which you can download from cursegaming, the background will come out transparent in png format. from there you just overlay the new textures over Mazzle's original textures and save it as png again to convert it back as blp.
02-25-07, 12:06 PM   #22
Bassoonchyckie
A Murloc Raider
that's what I've done though. I converted (through WoWImage) the .blp files to .png, only changed the artwork (did nothing to the background), and re-converted it.
Is there a different editing program i should use? at the moment i have paint
My friends who have done the same say they use paint, though.

Anyone else have a theory?
02-25-07, 02:24 PM   #23
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

There's your solution, Paint does not support transparencies. Either use Photoshop, or Fireworks or any others that support it.
02-25-07, 02:24 PM   #24
Deilene
A Murloc Raider
I'm not sure about blp, but you may have to create an alpha channel to get it to work
02-25-07, 03:04 PM   #25
Bassoonchyckie
A Murloc Raider
thanks. Had a feeling, even though the others (whose interfaces work perfectly) said "just do it in paint"

Will I be able to download those programs? (I honestly don't know) or am i going to have to spend money...

EDIT-
Found a 30-day trial of Fireworks. Thanks all!

Last edited by Bassoonchyckie : 02-25-07 at 03:12 PM.
02-25-07, 05:01 PM   #26
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by iljott
Gotta agree with Kami here. I think it would be an excellent idea Mazz.
What exactly are you're agreeing with? Maybe I'm looking at the wrong post.

Anyway, this has been something that's been a low-priority item on the to-do list for ages since around last spring, when a girl in my guild who made lots of art for wild DART setups was going to make a couple skins. Unfortunately, she has since quit the game. I even started making this red satin layout. Anway, once I get around to actually implementing it, I'll try to get some numbers to evaluate the trade-offs of the two approaches.

btw, noob, you should try your setup in other aspect ratios. The middle textures may be stretched or compacted some IIRC to make it fit right.
02-25-07, 05:53 PM   #27
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by 123noob
There's your solution, Paint does not support transparencies. Either use Photoshop, or Fireworks or any others that support it.
I used to know the color to put in paint to make an area transparent. It always showed up as some bright neon green color, I believe. I wish I could remember what it was- I can't seem to find it right now. Not sure if it would work in WoW, though...
02-25-07, 06:13 PM   #28
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
What exactly are you're agreeing with? Maybe I'm looking at the wrong post.

Anyway, this has been something that's been a low-priority item on the to-do list for ages since around last spring, when a girl in my guild who made lots of art for wild DART setups was going to make a couple skins. Unfortunately, she has since quit the game. I even started making this red satin layout. Anway, once I get around to actually implementing it, I'll try to get some numbers to evaluate the trade-offs of the two approaches.

btw, noob, you should try your setup in other aspect ratios. The middle textures may be stretched or compacted some IIRC to make it fit right.
Hmmm, well other than having my laptop playing at 1280x820, the textures do look bad. Other than that, they are not stretched though since their proportions are kept the same in-game just as editing them outside. I tried these textures on my desktop, and they actually look very nice, no occlusion or anything .

/edit: I'm planning to create several more themes (ud,ne,orc,hu) as soon as I have free time after next week midterms.

Originally Posted by Seerah
I used to know the color to put in paint to make an area transparent. It always showed up as some bright neon green color, I believe. I wish I could remember what it was- I can't seem to find it right now. Not sure if it would work in WoW, though...
I know there are several free programs that do similar job like PSD or fireworks. But forgot them atm
02-25-07, 07:15 PM   #29
Serafh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The Gimp is a free program that does just about everything all the top of the line programs does. I have it, but as I am art handicapped I don't use it often.

Actual Gimp Site (They only give out the source code so you'd have to compile it yourself):
http://www.gimp.org/

Gimp for Windows (Compiled for you and packed in an executable):
http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/

Gimp for Mac (Same as above, except its for Mac OS X):
http://gimp-app.sourceforge.net/
02-25-07, 11:00 PM   #30
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

BTW - I'm not sure how plausible this is - But how hard would it be to include colour schemes for DAB in themes?

(thats right, i spelled colour with a U. So there.)
02-25-07, 11:28 PM   #31
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by coniferous
BTW - I'm not sure how plausible this is - But how hard would it be to include colour schemes for DAB in themes?

me? or I'm just mistaken lol
02-25-07, 11:40 PM   #32
Kamishimi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by coniferous

If the option to change MazzleUI's frame textures is going to be a Mazzification option in the end, it would be relatively easy to set a specific set of DUF colors at that time. If it ends up being a manual file switch-out, then the user would have to change the frame colors himself.

One more reason I think that the automated Mazzification option might be best.

MazzleUI v1.0 Coming Soon to an Interface Near You!
http://mazzlefizz.wowinterface.com/
02-26-07, 01:19 AM   #33
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Here is a better SS with high setting on my desktop this time.
02-26-07, 08:03 AM   #34
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by 123noob
Here is a better SS with high setting on my desktop this time.
Wow! Looks nice and clean 123noob

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle UI final product screenshots, post yours !