11-18-12, 12:20 PM   #1
Phreddy
A Kobold Labourer
Need help with WeakAuras and/or Stuf Unitframes

First of all, I'd like to be able to print the talent specialization of my target. So that when I have someone targeted, it returns the name of their spec in text.
I don't really care if this is done in WeakAuras or Stuf Unitframes, although I would prefer Stuf.
If in stuf, I want this information in a text field within the target unitframe.

Secondly, I would also like to be able to display target of target in my Stuf Unitframes. I know you can enable target of target as a frame by itself, but I would like to implement it in the target frame as well. Let me clarify this.
In the first text field in the target frame, I want it to show the name of the target, and then the name of the targets target, plus a "vs." tag, so it looks like this:

Illidan Stormrage vs. Intertank

And so that when my target doesn't have a target, it only shows the name, so the "vs." part has to be imbeded in the target of target code somehow.

Is this at all doable? I have no clue how to code, so I can't really use the custom code abilities within these two addons, although I spent the last 3 hours trying myself.

I really hope someone can help me out with this, since it's kinda essential to the UI I'm currently working on.
Thanks in advance
11-19-12, 09:51 AM   #2
Learza
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First: Sorry, no idea.
Second: It's not lua so as soon as someone who can actually code comes along you'll probably get what you're looking for, but in the mean time this might fit what you want. If you haven't used all the text fields of your target of target frame just put vs.[name] into an empty field and adjust to the position you want within your target frame.Not viable at all on my Unitframes because they're tiny but I added a screenie to show you how it would look. What you can't do with this method is set a specific offset between target name and target of target.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blah.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	7395  

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Need help with WeakAuras and/or Stuf Unitframes