08-02-09, 04:17 PM   #1
countrykris1
A Defias Bandit
Question Quest history lost in updating

I want to update the mod but if I do so I will lose all my hard work of finding all quest i have already done and marking them as completed. I don't want this to happen again. Is there a way I can update with out havening to do all the searching for my completed quest again?

08-02-09, 06:37 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
99% of settings are stored in WTF\Account\<name>\SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua. Updating the addon files, does not change that file, so you should not be losing anything.

08-04-09, 01:00 AM   #3
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
When I mark 'part 16' of a quest chain as complete, it seems that Carbonite should mark parts 1-15 as complete. And is there anyway to make completed quests easier to find and mark? I mean, I have over 4,000 quests done (4,122).

I wish blizzard gave you a way to get your quests status. I mean, THEY know which quests I've done.

08-04-09, 06:00 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Carbonite does mark all previous parts done, when you check part x completed. It also tests all quests in history, when logging in.

Blizz could give addons an API if they wanted. Maybe it is not simple.

08-14-09, 06:58 PM   #5
PrismO
A Defias Bandit
I have the same issue as coutrycris1. In fact, every time I update Carbonite with the latest version, the Quests History resets. How do I fix that ?

Thanks !

08-15-09, 12:10 AM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by PrismO View Post
In fact, every time I update Carbonite with the latest version, the Quests History resets. How do I fix that ?
Don't delete/rename/move the WTF\Account\<name>\SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua file.

Actually, don't delete the WTF folder like Blizzard says to do after every patch. They are just being paranoid and telling people the safest solution so their customer service people will have less work.

Last edited by carboniteaddon : 08-15-09 at 12:14 AM.

08-15-09, 02:00 PM   #7
PrismO
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the fast reply.

Trust me. I've never deleted anything but addons files/folders from the Interface/AddOns folder.

08-15-09, 03:55 PM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Did all your Carbonite settings get reset? If the game has an error saving the Carbonite.lua file or the file is corrupted another way, then the game will ignore it on load and defaults will then be used.

Also backup the WTF\Account\<name>\SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua file before you update a version. It is normally a pretty big file (500k+). When saved out with defaults you will notice the size is much smaller (<100k). Check the size after the update if the quest history was cleared. See if it was defaulted.

Last edited by carboniteaddon : 08-15-09 at 03:59 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest history lost in updating