09-20-07, 07:54 AM   #1
sylvermane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Fubar is fubar'd

Have been using with great success fubar latetly. until now, since the addition of "Rock" whatever it is, i would assume a new interface system for fubar. since this addition my plugins never stay wherei put them on my bars. i set em, then play or w/e. logout for the night, login the next day and have to move at lesat 3-4 of them back in position. it seems the only ones moving is the ones on the bottom bar. not getting any errors of any kind.
09-20-07, 09:32 AM   #2
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by sylvermane
Have been using with great success fubar latetly. until now, since the addition of "Rock" whatever it is, i would assume a new interface system for fubar. since this addition my plugins never stay wherei put them on my bars. i set em, then play or w/e. logout for the night, login the next day and have to move at lesat 3-4 of them back in position. it seems the only ones moving is the ones on the bottom bar. not getting any errors of any kind.
Nothing you can do about it... either stick with release versions or deal with the problems.
09-20-07, 09:34 AM   #3
sylvermane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
you mean the release versions that spit errors every 5 seconds? gg i use wowaceupdater, does anyone have an intelligent response ?
09-20-07, 09:44 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I do. Go check out all of the threads on wowace.com. Rock is not "a new interface system", Rock is the new framework that ck is writing his addons with. They no longer are written on the Ace2 framework, but rather his own. My transfer over to the new versions has gone swimmingly, with just a couple hiccups that were quickly remedied and easy to work around. Upon logging in last night, just 3 of my plugins were not where I left them. I moved them back in place and they haven't moved since.

Anything you grab from wowace.com either from the files page or from WAU is most likely beta (or in some cases) alpha version software. You should always back up your Addons folder (just like WAU tells you to) just in case. Or at least know how to roll back. Otherwise, be patient, file bug reports on jira (linked on the front page of wowace.com), and try updating again.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-20-07, 09:46 AM   #5
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

http://files.wowace.com/FuBar

Then grab the version prior to last week. Unpack and install it. Create a .svn folder inside the FuBar folder to prevent WAU (using its default settings) from updating it.
09-20-07, 09:50 AM   #6
Ezekiel127
A Murloc Raider
I think what Slakah meant was keep with the versions released to sites such as WoW interface etc. The WowAceUpdater downloads versions that are considered 'works in progress' and you have to take the good with the bad when you use it. All I can suggest is that you redownload Fubar from here (assuming it hasn't been updated) and reinstall it. You can then set it to be protected from updating in AceUpdater (right click it in the updater and hit ignore). With any luck that will solve the problem.
09-20-07, 09:58 AM   #7
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by sylvermane
you mean the release versions that spit errors every 5 seconds? gg i use wowaceupdater, does anyone have an intelligent response ?
*sigh* It's not my fault your complaining when shock horror a beta addon is giving you errors nor is it my fault when the "release" version which "should" be in a working state is broke as well. It's like complaining when buying a car with a prone to random combustion sticker on it ....and it then randomly combusts.

My god I've got to work on my analogies.

Last edited by Slakah : 09-20-07 at 11:21 AM.
09-20-07, 10:27 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
LOL. I think what Slakah is now trying to say is that WAU is not the source for "release" quality addons and, as such, shouldn't be treated like ones.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-20-07, 10:54 AM   #9
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
noticed that rock thing to, but i never had any problems with it.
As for the config menu thingy, well i don't mind it, but it needs some work before its useable. as it is now its far from complete in my own opinion atleast
09-20-07, 11:02 AM   #10
sylvermane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
my apologies if i was abrubt or rude. its been one of those bad days since i woke up. as for it, i know its not all going to be stable from WAU. when i built this ui was a few days ago and these problems hadn't been happening. is just frustrating : /
09-20-07, 06:46 PM   #11
sylvermane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
http://www.wowace.com/wiki/WowAceUpdater

is what im following but im a bit unclear. i wnat to prevent fubar from being overwritten. im not sure if it means literally a xxx.svn folder or a .svn file. some interchange the 2 and i dont wnat to lose my fubar after tracking down and getting rock out of my system for now.
09-20-07, 07:35 PM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
a folder named just .svn - or you can right-click FuBar in WAU and select Ignore.

09-22-07, 05:33 PM   #13
Agathorn
A Defias Bandit
Is there anyway to use WAU to only get release versions? I really love the simplicity of using WAU rather than hunting down individual releases all the time.

But I too recently have been having nothign but troubles with the latest FuBar and will need to go back to the latest release version. This morning my Fubar threw an error and all my plugins went bye-bye

Anyway my poiont was I love the simplicity of using WAU to keep my addons up to date, but is there like a flag or somethign to tell it to download only release versions?
09-22-07, 05:51 PM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Agathorn
Is there anyway to use WAU to only get release versions?
Not yet, but things are being looked into.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Fubar is fubar'd