08-02-09, 03:51 AM   #1
Ralethisolur
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite issues

Hello, I am a Fellow WoW player. I seem to be having this issue with the Carbonite addon ( I personally do not use it) but when I get in group for Dailies (the Infamous chillmaw/citadel/scourge group) I am bombarded by these people who spam what quest items that have completed... because ya know the rest of us care so much.

My Complain/question is ... can that be turned off by default for Carbonite, everyone I talk to wishes they could turn it off, or that it never was there, and that several people have stopped using it all together because no one will group with people with the mod.

There is at least on my server a segregation of these are the people with carbonite and there are the rest... and ne'er the twain shall mix. The general populace of my server and I suspect others are a little peeved at this "feature" of this addon.

08-02-09, 05:22 AM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons

They are everywhere... and they are out to get you.

08-02-09, 01:19 PM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Man, the things people will complain about.

So you don't actually care if THEY completed their quest when you group with them?? How nice. Seems like it is a good feature then for weeding out the leeches. If someone does not care about you getting your quests done, then good riddance!

Oh, and they could turn the message off it they wanted to, but then how would they get rid of the leeches?

Last edited by carboniteaddon : 08-02-09 at 01:22 PM.

08-04-09, 12:51 AM   #4
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Ralethisolur View Post
when I get in group for Dailies (the Infamous chillmaw/citadel/scourge group) I am bombarded by these people who spam what quest items that have completed... because ya know the rest of us care so much.
I sends a message when quest objectives are completed. It does not update on every item. Telling your party that you've completed a quest objective is a good thing.

BBC without completion notification just turns into a long chat about who's not done yet, who missed the commander, who still needs how many Lts, etc.

But yes, you can turn it off: Options:Quest:Broadcast quest change messages to party.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite issues