08-03-09, 07:38 AM   #1
grh49
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite Low Level Quest Question

Hi,

I am currently a level 80 player and when i go in zones like Storm Peaks I can see the location of all of the quests on the map as little icons and i can click those icons and find out more information about the quests i haven't completed yet, but when i got to a zone such as Howling Fjord where I haven't completed any quests I only see 2 quests that are level 80 (for Jewelcrafting and Cooking) at the camp by UK. Is there a way to turn on the lower level quests so the quest giver is shown on the map like in Storm Peaks?

Thanks in advance!
Jassau (80 Druid, Muradin)

08-03-09, 01:36 PM   #2
stanchubb
A Murloc Raider
Premium Member
Wink quest level

i think you set the number of level under which you want to see the quests.

in Options window
tab Quest
2nd group: Quest Options
type in the number of level under: i.e. 20 if you want to see down to lvl 60

I hope this helps

08-03-09, 04:12 PM   #3
grh49
A Defias Bandit
I have mine set to 80 so it should show every quest giver in those zones but i only see the ones that show up with an 80 quest level at the camp. I can't see the other ones on the map.

08-03-09, 04:58 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you mean you want to see the yellow "!" on your map, you will need to turn on Blizz's built in low level tracking feature. Click the minimap tracking button and it's in the list.

If you mean Carb makes no representation as to where the quests are there's an easy thing to try. Make sure the Quest Tracker radio button for showing quests on the map is toggled on, can't remember what color offhand but you can mouseover them and read the tooltip easy enough. The button has 3 different settings, all quest, dailies only or none shown. Make sure that's turned on. All the incomplete quest's are represented on the minimap as parchment icons. Daily quests will show in Carb as a blue "!" to make them standout a bit.

08-04-09, 01:07 AM   #5
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Make sure the Quest Tracker radio button for showing quests on the map is toggled on, can't remember what color offhand but you can mouseover them and read the tooltip easy enough.
It's the third of the round buttons, counting from the left.

Off = No quest givers shown.
Yellow = All quest givers shown.
Blue = Daily quest givers shown.

Also, you can click the first- or secondmost buttons in total on the Quest Watch window. One of them has a slider at the bottom, this is the quests lower than your level that will be shown. I think it defaults to 10, meaning if you're level 80, it shows quests level (80 - 10) 70 and up. Increase it to 80 (all the way to the left) to see all quests.

08-04-09, 06:02 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
I think it defaults to 10
Default is 80.

I just added the higher level version of that for 3.21. Default also 80, so you would see every quest.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Low Level Quest Question