07-26-11, 10:42 PM   #1
Snowshard
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy Carbonite Minimap Missing

First time posting here so forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere but here goes...

I can't get my Carbonite minimap to stay open. I can open the regular Carbonite map and there's a minimap docked inside that, but I want the one that you can move around and resize that disappears only when you open the main map. I had it last week but then it just disappeared. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get my minimap back? Please? T-T

07-26-11, 11:23 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Snowshard View Post
First time posting here so forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere but here goes...

I can't get my Carbonite minimap to stay open. I can open the regular Carbonite map and there's a minimap docked inside that, but I want the one that you can move around and resize that disappears only when you open the main map. I had it last week but then it just disappeared. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get my minimap back? Please? T-T
First things first: Carbonite has one map and it is either maximized (large, like Blizzards World Map) or minimized (minimap sized but NOT the minimap). Blizzard gives us three maps: The Minimap (found in the upper right corner of your screen), the World Map (the big map) and the Zone (sometimes referred to as the Battleground) Map. A technicality, to be sure, but it occasionally helps to use the correct terms when explaining something.

That being said, open Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Map" page, and make sure the "Hide maximized map when ESC or map toggle (M) key pressed" option is UNchecked. Checking that option will force the minimized map to hide when the maximized map closes.

If you would rather not see the minimap when you maximize the Carbonite map, go to the "Map Minimap" page, and make sure "Minimap hides when map is maximized" options is checked.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-27-11 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Wrong information.

07-27-11, 08:32 PM   #3
Snowshard
A Defias Bandit
Talking Thank you Jeffy

I am very sorry, I was confused that there was no difference in the two versions of the Carbonite map. I truly thought there was a main and a minimap so thank you for letting me know that.

Also, thank you for your fast response, that's incredibly appreciated as well.

I shall log in immediately to follow your instructions to return the smaller scale of the carbonite map to my UI screen. I find I can no longer play WoW without it (call me crazy, lol) and you're a life saver by helping me to get that blasted thing back. Thanks again.

07-29-11, 06:08 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-23-11, 11:00 AM   #5
Alkhemist
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
That being said, open Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Map" page, and make sure the "Hide maximized map when ESC or map toggle (M) key pressed" option is UNchecked. Checking that option will force the minimized map to hide when the maximized map closes.
I have the same problem, but this didn't work for me. I have the map minimized, and it's currently set so that the regular Blizzard map opens when I hit M. However, I wanted to change it so that the Carbonite map becomes my main map.

However, when I hit M, the minimap disappears and I have no map at all. What am I doing wrong?

09-23-11, 12:37 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Alkhemist View Post
I have the same problem, but this didn't work for me. I have the map minimized, and it's currently set so that the regular Blizzard map opens when I hit M. However, I wanted to change it so that the Carbonite map becomes my main map.

However, when I hit M, the minimap disappears and I have no map at all. What am I doing wrong?
Open Carbonites options to the "Map" page and make sure the first option on the page, "Maximize Carbonite map instead of opening normal map", is checked.

Next, open the default Blizzard key binding interface (esc > Key Bindings) and scroll down to the Carbonite key bind section. The first available binding is "Toggle Original Map". Set a key bind for that (I suggest "alt - M" unless you are using it already for something else), and you should be set.

The Carbonite minimized map "disappears" when you open (or attempt to open) Carbonites large (maximized) map because:
Carbonite has one map and it is either maximized (large, like Blizzards World Map) or minimized (minimap sized but NOT the minimap). Blizzard gives us three maps: The Minimap (found in the upper right corner of your screen), the World Map (the big map) and the Zone (sometimes referred to as the Battleground) Map. A technicality, to be sure, but it occasionally helps to use the correct terms when explaining something.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-23-11 at 12:55 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Minimap Missing