09-13-09, 02:02 AM   #61
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by forty2j View Post
I wish there was a Neon sign on every instance portal with those words.

When my Ret Pally got her Bronze Drake from the Heroic CoS achievement, she put out ~1800 dps. And topped the chart. Good group coordination (despite it being a PuG), not RAWR power, won the day.. and we finished it with 5 min to spare.
On my final COS timed run (I don't have a need to go there anymore because of my drake and shield), I remember it well. I had a dps dk on the run doing just under 1100 dps. All I know about him was that he had fairly good gear and wasn't trigger happy with his death grip (which as sad as things have become - that marks a mighty fine DK in my view). I don't really know why his dps was that low, it must have been his rotation or something. I didn't have time to pay close attention to him because well, I was tanking and pulling the gauntlet to move us through fast. It was a successful run and I won the drake roll (ironic that it was between me and the dk, I guess karma was in my favor that I wasn't jumping on him for low dps output).

Anyway, the only point I'm making is that I honestly rarely run with anyone who does over 2k dps in 5 man heroics. It's no big deal to me. More is nice, but not required. Another relevant point to this thread is the fact that this guy might have actually had a high gear score with low dps. I didn't inspect him so I don't know for sure, but I recognized a few pieces as higher end stuff (his weapon, etc.). So much for indications of potential provided by the throng of rating systems eh?

I'm feeling like this topic has run its course. Onward and upward.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Are gear rating add-ons beginning to wreck the game?