11-23-16, 10:37 AM   #1
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Click from secure env

Basically trying to figure out if calling a click directly from secure code is possible or not, this is not my area of expertise.

Example:
Lua Code:
  1. local Frame = CreateFrame('Frame', 'FrameName', UIParent, 'SecureHandlerStateTemplate')
  2. Frame:SetAttribute('_onstate-visible', [[
  3.     self:Click() -- fail
  4. ]])
  5. RegisterStateDriver(Frame, 'visible', '[mod:alt] show; hide')
11-23-16, 03:31 PM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There isn't a click method or any equivalent for frame handlers inside the restricted environment. I'm not very experienced in the environment either, but I did do a dump of the metatable when I tried to do this myself. Now that I think about it, it would be possible to automate stuff through the secure templates if it were allowed.

For example, you have a SecureActionButtonTemplate mixed with SecureHandlerAttributeTemplate registered with the UnitWatchDriver to run its own :Click() function when you target or even mouseover an enemy. It would be further possible to set the attributes from within the restricted environment to select which ability to use or even run macro text.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 11-23-16 at 04:16 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Click from secure env